Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out drinking - affect on skin

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I try to take really good care of my skin and like it to look healthy and glowing (who doesn't?)

Normally it does look good but what I've noticed is that my skin never looks better than when i've been out drinking the night before, it looks really dewy and glowy and bright.
    I could never figure out why because i'm always so dehydrated after drinking but my face isn't dry or dehydated at all.

It goe me thinking and I was wondering if it's the oestrogen in the beer that makes my skin so glowy?

Please move thread elsewhere if more appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Really??

What do you be drinking?!! Sure you still haven't got beer goggles on?! :P

I rarely drink much anymore, (too busy) but I do notice if I have been over-indulgent my skin looks grey in colour. My poison is either vodka & 7up or white wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

My skin usually looks slightly dull but my acne clears up a lot after a weekend of going out, no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Tayla wrote: »
    I try to take really good care of my skin and like it to look healthy and glowing (who doesn't?)

Normally it does look good but what I've noticed is that my skin never looks better than when i've been out drinking the night before, it looks really dewy and glowy and bright.
    I could never figure out why because i'm always so dehydrated after drinking but my face isn't dry or dehydated at all.

It goe me thinking and I was wondering if it's the oestrogen in the beer that makes my skin so glowy?

Please move thread elsewhere if more appropriate.

Could it be that your skin is slightly flushed from the alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

My skin is dull and tight after a heavy night. I usually have to slap loads of coconut oil on it the next day to get it back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My skin is less oily the day after a night out, and I don't know whether my brain's still addled from the drink or not, but I often think my skin looks plumper and less spotty the morning after.

And yes, I do clean off my make-up before bed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Thanks for the responses, no definitely not beer goggles :pac: other people notice and it shows in photographs too! I'm not flushed either.
    I take really good care of my skin but it still never looks as good as when i've been drinking the night before so it's annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

slightly related -

http://www.cambridgechocolate.com

A small 7.5g bar of the chocolate contains the same amount of the antioxidant astaxanthin as a fillet of Alaskan salmon, and equal levels of free radical-fighting cocoa polyphenols as 100g of dark chocolate.

Its makers claim it can change the underlying skin of a 50 to 60-year-old into that of someone in their 20s or 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

weirdly i find my skin is better after a night out lol its so odd but my make up sits on better and my skin looks more plump and clear!! I dont have bad skin so its not dramatic but then maybe im still drunk and just think i look good haha

Advertisement