Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted Furniture with Seating

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody here has any experience with manufacturers/installers of fitted furniture and built-in seating?

I am currently working up a concept design for a long fitted bench in a living room but I am uncertain regarding where to get the piece made. I've seen lots of websites with timber-only pieces but none that have soft furnishing as well.

I would be willing (and it might be preferable!) to work with a newcomer to the market as I would like to discuss refinements to the final piece to save on costs. I'm working up the design in CAD, Sketchup and other 3d software as well so I would like to work with someone who is interested in pushing their knowledge as well. If you wanted me to learn a new bit of software as part of the exercise, that wouldn't be a problem.

I previously did a bit of work with a tiny flatbed CNC machine and familiar with some types of CAM software if someone has just bought a large-bed machine and wanted to try something new out on it, that would be great.

I suppose my ideal outcome would be collaborating with a manufacturer, keeping costs down with appropriate design/drawings and learning a bit more about the process for when I do it again in the future. Anyway, if any of my post triggers an idea of somebody to get in contact with, please let me know or PM me!

Thanks,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MisseyB

I'd contact joiners and irish furniture manufacturers, such as Woodlands Furniture in Monaghan.

Joiners should be able to work with upholstery companies. They do it all the time for commercial projects. The trick is to find one that wants to do it.

E

Advertisement