Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1920's fancy-dress costume

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,
    I'm going to a 1920's fancy-dress party in a few weeks and I'm wondering if there are any decent costume places in Dublin City Centre to rent or buy? A lot of the costumes available online look cheap & tacky. Any recommendations around Dublin City Centre or alternatively a decent option online?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The Abbey theatre rents costumes so you'd probably get something decent from there. However, it may be pricey and I shudder to think what their damage penalty would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Any beaded dress (preferably full length) from second hand - charity shop. Prices range from €30-200. A walk along Camden St. to Dame Street and over to Capel St will take you past a fist-full of outlets.

Get a pair of full arm gloves - about €10 euro in the Georges Street Arcade. These look the part and they save your arms from scratching on the beads/sequins.

Google videos of "Finger roll hairstyle". The hairstyle is of a later era but it's cheap quick and easy.

A search on the Fashion forum might get other suggestions.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jilly14

Thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bill Lee

Film Fatale presents Prohibition??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I'm going to Film Fatale Prohibition as part of a hen and will be 27 weeks pregnant, so now the hunt begins for suitable maternity wear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement