Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nail clippers for cats

• 17-02-2015 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Poppys claws are getting long again and will need to be clipped. Because she has Pododermatitis the pads stop her claws wearing down. It's a nightmare doing it ourselves and taking her to the vets is really stressful for her, and us. Just wondered if anyone can recommend a good clippers that we can use at home to get it done quickly and with minimum fuss. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I just wait til the cat has flaked out on the couch and clip them with a regular nail clippers (my own one).

If the cat is relaxed and lets you near its paws it's pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I just wait til the cat has flaked out on the couch and clip them with a regular nail clippers (my own one).

If the cat is relaxed and lets you near its paws it's pretty easy.

We used to do that but she's so defensive of her paws, the Pododermatitis is well controlled since we've had her but judging by all the old cracks I'd say she had a lot of pain with them at some point.:(

Advertisement