Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tor moving into the mainstream good or bad ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

The issue I see is with WAF's and deep level packet inspectors and the .onion domains itll get a little harder to whitelist the true domain name destination or owners .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

Looks like some people wont be needing TOR any longer, depending on what they get up to.........

http://www.onion.city/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice try, NSA.

I dont use Tor that much but have done over the years when the activity called for a bit of shrouding ( Sanctioned of course) Facebook with the new 6 pack stack will want to roll this out with onion domain integration. ITs going to take off i think but at the same time will induce dns nightmares for admins the world over. Wonder if some environments will just reject them in full ? .

Love this one, see the "what we want" and "what we dont want" sections - its not realistic really, is it ?
    http://kpvz7kpmcmne52qf.onion.city/wiki/index.php/Countries_to_host_a_hidden_service

• Advertisement

LOL Ireland
    Took part in Operation Onymous.[21] Avoid.

North Korea would be perfect for hosting a hidden service. Just bring a basketball with you as a gift to Kim Jong Un and I'm sure he'll let you away with anything.....except overthrowing him of course:pac:

Sony even ???? maybe the PSN wouldn't have as much ddos attacks if they let the Koreans nest it ? behind a wall of onions ?

bedlam wrote: »
    Dear $deity don't use this for viewing hidden services, it has no TLS support.

If you have to, use tor2web or one of the services using its code.

I wasnt using it. Just had a quick look around to see what they had out there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

North Korea would be perfect for hosting a hidden service. Just bring a basketball with you as a gift to Kim Jong Un and I'm sure he'll let you away with anything.....except overthrowing him of course:pac:

A certain "Icy" site looked at moving to there^^ recently. Their wasn't a provider capable of keeping their site up for longer than an hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement