Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo 2015 on PS4: Cobelcog banned from playing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No converters at all AFAIK

Edit:
    found this: XCM Cross Fire 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ugh.

More selling out.

"Hey guys, in this years marathon 25% of you will be hit in the knees with a hammer before the race, but it's okay because there's a bigger prize pool!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can someone copy and paste the article for those of us who can't access the site in work?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ugh.

More selling out.

"Hey guys, in this years marathon 25% of you will be hit in the knees with a hammer before the race, but it's okay because there's a bigger prize pool!" :pac:

Was it selling out when they went from PS3 to 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Pad losers get with the program

• Advertisement

Can someone copy and paste the article for those of us who can't access the site in work?

Have an excerpt:
    Over the years, Street Fighter IV has graced a variety of platforms, including PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, all of which have been utilized in competition at one point or another. PlayStation 3 was the console of choice early on, but recent years have seen a shift to Xbox 360 due to frequent issues with Sony’s older platform.

Unfortunately, little can be gleaned about the PlayStation 4 port at this time, simply because it has yet to actually be released. The initial announcement at PlayStation Experience pegged the title for a spring 2015 launch, but details have been scarce since then.

One can possibly make the connection between this decision and Sony’s support of Capcom Pro Tour 2015, through which they most likely want to hype up the latest release of Ultra Street Fighter IV leading up to Street Fighter V’s arrival.

Evo’s Joey “Mr. Wizard” Cuellar relayed to us that loaner sticks will be available for folks who don’t own a controller compatible with the new system, hopefully alleviating some of the added stress this change places on their shoulders.

Or Capcom could just patch the game to allow PS3 controllers.

Was it selling out when they went from PS3 to 360?

The PS3 version is generally known to suck and there are widely available controllers compatible with both consoles so no. Though I wouldn't be surprised if money changed hands over that too.

All this accomplishes is pushing competitors to use equipment they aren't comfortable with in exchange for cash money (and probably Capcom trying to push another most likely shoddy port for a quick buck). Even if you aren't a 360 pad player getting the shaft I can't be the only person who uses a non-standard stick because they hate using certain models of sticks/buttons. That's another set of people who either use a controller they dislike or buy and modify an expensive new PS4 stick.

Sure they will eventually have to make the jump to next gen in the name of "progress" but I don't see any reason for it until SF5 drops.
    Or Capcom could just patch the game to allow PS3 controllers.

This would be the obvious solution if they care abut maintaining goodwill but it probably won't happen.

EDIT: It wouldn't benefit 360 pad players anyway so it's moot I guess.

This would be the obvious solution if they care abut maintaining goodwill but it probably won't happen.

Seriously.

500,000 dollars doesn't do that?

Seriously.

500,000 dollars doesn't do that?

What difference does that make to the majority though? How many people will actually taste that prize pool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

What difference does that make to the majority though? How many people will actually taste that prize pool?

Those that are good enough. An analogy would be the money paid to footballers at the top vs Sun league footy. The sport proliferates through the success of the best.

Or did I miss the point?

It means that the top competitive players this year have a reason to pick SF over any other FG to go for the prize, meaning the quality of streams and events will be higher.

It means motivation for people to make it to the smaller, regional premiere events as they have a prize pool of 15,000 each too. It means we'll all be seeing bigger players at these events.

It means that the people who do win big this year will be able to live for a couple of years without worrying about working outside of promoting the genre we all love and want to succeed.

For those of us invested in growing the FG scene locally it means things might be taken a whole lot more serious by potential local sponsors when they see SF mentioned in the same breath as LoL and DOTA.

Seriously, it's time to look at the bigger picture. This makes a difference. It ensures the scenes survival for another couple of years.

I have said here so many times to so many people "it's your responsibility to make sure you've the right stick for the gig." This is no different, the TO chooses the platform, you go or don't.

Bearing in mind you can use a PS4 pad with a PS3 if you want to practice on the cheap, and Evo will have loaner sticks for the event, how far exactly is the world of tournament organising and corporate sponsorship supposed to bend for people?

SNIP

THE-LINE-MUST.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I wonder what the chances of Capcom adding the Lab Zero PS3 stick drivers to SF4 are.

Sairus wrote: »
    I wonder what the chances of Capcom adding the Lab Zero PS3 stick drivers to SF4 are.

I'd say zero sadly. They'll prob want to protect the add on sales of sticks and pads.

I will be hype if they do though. I'm not saying I'm happy about the situation, in a perfect world everyone could just do what they wanted.

That's all well and good and I can figure all that for myself, but what about the guys who only play on 360 pad?

There's a surprising amount of them at top level gracing our streams, in fact I believe there were several in top 8 last year.

Now some of them can probably jump to PS3 pad without any bother, but ones who can't or will have trouble adjusting, how do they feel? Are they happy that there's a now a bigger prize they might struggle to obtain being hobbled by this decision?

Now do I actually care that much? Hell no, doesn't affect me but I think some people probably feel a bit victimised by the decision being made now when the leap isn't necessary yet.

I wouldn't even have bothered posting about it more than once but the point I tried to make seems to have been missed entirely. I think it's a dick move to these guys who play a certain way that is suddenly no longer supported, if it turns out they don't care then I don't give a toss either.

The only 3rd-party pads I can see right now are d-pad + 6 button.

PDP Mortal Kombat X (2 triggers)
    http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Fight-Pad-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKTHZB4/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1424281201&sr=8-32&keywords=ps4+pad

Hori Fighting Commander 4 (4 switchable triggers)
    http://gaming.moe/?p=512

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only 3rd-party pads I can see right now are d-pad + 6 button.

PDP Mortal Kombat X (2 triggers)
    http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Fight-Pad-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKTHZB4/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1424281201&sr=8-32&keywords=ps4+pad

Hori Fighting Commander 4 (4 switchable triggers)
    http://gaming.moe/?p=512

If I didn't have a budget gaming PC that usually out performs the current gen systems, Id probably buy one of those.

Thankfully, this has been my weapon of choice since 2004

1772732-segasat.jpg

And still works to this day :) (plugged into an Xtokki 360 adapter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

PS4 doesn't have a select button, isn't that a big deal for some characters?

J0hnick wrote: »
    If I didn't have a budget gaming PC that usually out performs the current gen systems, Id probably buy one of those.

Thankfully, this has been my weapon of choice since 2004

1772732-segasat.jpg

And still works to this day :) (plugged into an Xtokki 360 adapter)
    Those pads are so damn rare now.

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    PS4 doesn't have a select button, isn't that a big deal for some characters?

It means some people who've been using it to plink will have to jab honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm sure the touch pad will double for select.

It is a kick in the face of the reigning evo champ though.

Advertisement