Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TTC with Semen Antibodies?

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, Anyone TTC with seman antibodies?? We were very lucky to conceive a child with them even though it took years and years!! We want to try again but afraid it might take years again..any experiences I would love to hear from ye...

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

I've moved your post to a new thread for you OP, the one you posted in was an old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

I've just posted in another thread that I got a letter saying I have this. Was this a natural pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Hi Jim..Yes we conceived naturally! But it did take years so if you have time to wait you might be lucky too. Husband also took vitamins etc, u prob know all about that!! We would like to try again but time is not on our side so we will just have to wait and hope.
    What percentage seman antibodies do you have?

Thanks for the reply. We are both 30 and would like to get a move on! It didn't tell us what percentage. I've to go back with another sperm sample, I presume this is a double check type thing.

No I don't know about the vitamins etc? I literally just got the letter today so it's all still a bit of a shock. We are both devastated. Next option seems to be the ICSI route. Which I know nothing about either.

It's all very stressful!

Don't loose hope. U will get a more accurate reading next time so. We were in yer position also and were also told we would be looking at IVF as an only option for us as we only had 1% chance of conceiving naturally. But our sample have about 60% sperm moving forward even though my husband had 99% seman antibodies so I thought this is strange. I refused to give up that easy and done loads of research. My poor husband was my fried from all the infor I was getting!!

My husband took Vitamin C daily to help stop the sperm sticking together as this is what happens with the antibodies and Zinc also. There is also a vitamin we bought on the internet called Fertilaid for men..google it and you can get the ingredients and decide for yourself but for us with the 3rd seman test after just 3 months on the fertile aid, his antibodies were gone done by 25% and we conceived that month.

ICSI is expensive so ye are only 30, why not give it another bit of time and try some vitamins, you never know what might happen by your next seman test you could have better results!!

• Advertisement

We will see what the doctor says but I would really like to get a move on and not take the risk that I could spend another 2 years trying naturally without any success. Hard to know what is right to do.l

Ya your doc will most likely advise ICSI as ours did. When I asked them about herbs they couldn't recommend them as its not their field but we went the herbal way and it worked for us. Fertilaid is also a natural supplement and as I said we seen great results in just 3 months but do what ye feel is right for ye..it will work out in the end for ye I hope

Cheers Zoviea. Been reading good reports about the Fertilaid tablets so I am definitely going to give them a go. Which ones did you buy? There seems to be a few options.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=bl_sr_drugstore?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=Fertilaid&index=drugstore&search-type=ss

Hi great..I think it's worth a shot. Worked great for us with zinc and vitamin c. Husband used fertilaid for men promotes sperm count and motility.
    he had a good sperm count but u can never have enough!! I didn't use any as I was fine..thank god. For less than 30 euro a month, I'm sure ye will c an improvement

Advertisement