Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone buying help

• 18-02-2015 11:22am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Need to get a 2nd hand Iphone and wondering what do I need to look out so it doesn't stop working after I buy it and how do I avoid buying a stolen or locked one?
    Which site would be best to use or does it matter?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Adverts would be a good one so you can meet the seller and try it out.

If they're on iOS 7 or later, they'll need to sign out of their iCloud account so you can use it: http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201351

And check that your SIM works in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

You have to keep in mind that the original owner can report the phone lost/stolen (and falsely claim on insurance) at any time. The phone will then most likely be barred and not useable on any network.
    I would make sure you have a comeback, so don't agree to meet anywhere, buy at a sellers residence, not anywhere else.
    You could ask for the original box (check imei matches) and receipt, but I wouldn't even care about those as they are of no help if the phone gets barred (not even the receipt).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Buying privately you have no comeback whatsoever. All you can do is make sure you buy from a reputable seller.

Advertisement