Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Fans Stop A Black Man Boarding A Train In Paris (Read Mod Note in OP)

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

niallo27 wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit far fetched. I just hate this give me money I was victimised society we live in.

Well that's a bit of a different point to the one you were making earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

CSF wrote: »
    But you just asked what pain his family went through from this

Yes and your point proved they did go through pain and it changed my mind.

adox wrote: »
    Well that's a bit of a different point to the one you were making earlier.

I have changed my mind from the few posts back and forth and admit it is pretty far fetched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes and your point proved they did go through pain and it changed my mind.

Fair enough, anyway I do think he is entitled to compensation after that level of humiliation in front of the whole world.

if that happened me i would want to be compensated......

Where do we draw the line though. Does racist verbal abuse deserve compensation only or should we include abuse for disabilities or the country your from.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, anyway I do think he is entitled to compensation after that level of humiliation in front of the whole world.

Same question do you think racial abuse only deserves compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where do we draw the line though. Does racist verbal abuse deserve compensation only or should we include abuse for disabilities or the country your from.

No, no, dig up stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

any kind of discriminating behaviour in my opinion deserves to be righted and by law a remedy to physical or verbal damages to a person would be damages payable to the victim. all racism and discrimination should be dealt with very severely cut this crap out that kinda stuff belongs in the past.

i still say the footballing authorities do not do enough to combat racism. a fine should be 6 or 12 months salary for a player for example that would make them change their ways or if they dont change they will pay for it.

No I don't think people should be compensated for verbal abuse. But this guy was denied access from using services due to the colour of his skin which is something else entirely. If someone was denied access from the use of services due to being disabled or being from a particular country, then yes, absolutely, I do think they should be entitled to sue.

No I don't think people should be compensated for verbal abuse. But this guy was denied access from using services due to the colour of his skin which is something else entirely. If someone was denied access from the use of services due to being disabled or being from a particular country, then yes, absolutely, I do think they should be entitled to sue.
    so its ok for someone to for example point out someones skin colour and say your a cnut because of your skin tone? compensation is suiteed for verbal racist abuse and very necessary imo

actually im not saying you are saying that just reread what i typed lol

• Advertisement

If I had tried to board that train and I was pushed off and told I was a paddy ****, Fenian bastard and it was taped, would you think I deserved to sue and claim compensation.

If I had tried to board that train and I was pushed off and told I was a paddy ****, Fenian bastard and it was taped, would you think I deserved to sue and claim compensation.
    100% yes

the problem in this world is people still see the verbal racism as being ok in some ways sure he only called me a famine farmer etc **** that tbh who gets to act like a cretin and get away scot free for it...

any kind of discriminating behaviour in my opinion deserves to be righted and by law a remedy to physical or verbal damages to a person would be damages payable to the victim. all racism and discrimination should be dealt with very severely cut this crap out that kinda stuff belongs in the past.

i still say the footballing authorities do not do enough to combat racism. a fine should be 6 or 12 months salary for a player for example that would make them change their ways or if they dont change they will pay for it.

I personally think they are doing a great job. There is no racism in grounds anymore, maybe a tiny percentage but you know if your name is mentioned in a racism story then your life is ****ed, job is gone, your name is dirt.

the problem in this world is people still see the verbal racism as being ok in some ways sure he only called me a famine farmer etc **** that tbh who gets to act like a cretin and get away scot free for it...

Some people are just assholes though. What would be the response if you did try to claim compensation I wonder.

so its ok for someone to for example point out someones skin colour and say your a cnut because of your skin tone? compensation is suiteed for verbal racist abuse and very necessary imo

actually im not saying you are saying that just reread what i typed lol
    I think verbal racism might be too big a problem in society for the courts to deal with. I absolutely don't think its ok, I think it is one of the worst things someone can do, but I'm pretty sure that it is so common that it would be impossible for the courts to police effectively, also the thing with verbal abuse is that it is very difficult to prove. Wouldn't work IMO.
    Yeah of course. Nobody should be entitled to deny anyone services based on how they were born. I would like to think that stopped in the civilised world largely when slavery was abolished.

Some people are just assholes though. What would be the response if you did try to claim compensation I wonder.
    I can guarantee if the act was recorded so could be proven in court and the victim claimed emotional distress damages would be awarded to the victim.

Advertisement