Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Fans Stop A Black Man Boarding A Train In Paris (Read Mod Note in OP)

Comments

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well on probability, the chances are high that every club has at least 1 racist fan somewhere, so youre wrong on that assumption.

1fan ?
    Lol how brave

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Irrelevant post.
    Not all clubs have racist facist fans

Actually I'm sure if you look hard enough they do.

I hate the generalizations that happen after incidents like this.

Sweeping statements like " All Chelsea fans are scum"

Funny thing is, people end up making bigoted statements criticizing bigots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

magma69 wrote: »
    I would say every single club in the Premiership has at least some racist, fascist fans. Thing is, Chelsea has so much more than other clubs. Their anti-Irish bigotry is also notable. Worst fans in the Premiership imo. Second only to Rangers in the UK.

Let's not fool ourselves though, there are dcikheads at every club.

In all the years going to London I've never encountered anti irish sentiment at the Bridge its a load of bo**ocks thats peddled out time and time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

1fan ?
    Lol how brave

What a pointless comment. :rolleyes:

How insensitive of us.
    Chelsea fans are the salt of the earth, who understand diversity makes you stronger overall!

1fan ?
    Lol how brave

You clearly said not all clubs have racist fans, which is more than likley BS.

Good argument though.

In all the years going to London I've never encountered anti irish sentiment at the Bridge its a load of bo**ocks thats peddled out time and time again.

Because you haven't encountered any, it doesn't exist. What an absurdly arrogant comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lukker- wrote: »
    Sweeping statements like " All Chelsea fans are scum"
    All well and good, but has anybody actually said that?

How insensitive of us.
    Chelsea fans are the salt of the earth, who understand diversity makes you stronger overall!

About 3 - 6 fans abuse a guy in Paris, not on, of course its not.

But we've gone from that amount to all Chelsea fans are raving racists.

Cool story.

• Advertisement

You clearly said not all clubs have racist fans, which is more than likley BS.

Good argument though.

Fan(s) !
    You said they all have one!, still not fans!
    1-0 to me Mr mod

Because you haven't encountered any, it doesn't exist. What an absurdly arrogant comment.

I'm not naive but to suggest its rampant is as idotic as suggesting a large % of the fan base are racists/bigots on the back of an incident involving a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm not naive but to suggest its rampant is as idotic as suggesting a large % of the fan base are racists/bigots on the back of an incident involving a few.

Has anyone? Merely a larger %. Not a large one.

Fan(s) !
    You said they all have one!, still not fans!
    1-0 to me Mr mod

So you're going on plurals now?

You win, I bow to your superior knowledge of every club and every fan across the globe.

I shall however continue to look for that club that has only the 1 racist suuporting it, I'll report back with my findings.

So you're going on plurals now?

You win, I bow to your superior knowledge of every club and every fan across the globe.

I shall however continue to look for that club that has only the 1 racist suuporting it, I'll report back with my findings.

You do that!
    Lol

CSF wrote: »
    Has anyone? Merely a larger %. Not a large one.

Its conjecture really to suggest theres a larger %.

• Advertisement

You do that!
    Lol

You'll be shocked by the findings....

Your reading comprehension is atrociously bad. Read what I said again.

Exactly, could just have easily been any other football club.
    Football support brings out a nasty side in a minority of fans that ends up being attributed to all fans of said club unfortunately.
    And then you get comments like "typical {club} fans" which is just stupid and doesn't help the issue at all.

Football support doesn't bring out a nasty side in anyone. That's just a lazy argument that gets rolled out year in year out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Glad that's cleared up
    McCoy, a season-ticket holder who travelled to Paris with five friends, was named on Twitter following the publication of the video.
    The 17-year-old from Fulham in London said: 'I'm not in the video but I'm on the carriage. We got on the train and at the station where the man was trying to get on we stopped for a couple of minutes.
    'He tried to get on and a few people were pushing him off because there wasn't much space on the carriage. You couldn't move.
    'People were saying it was because he was black. It's not true at all. I personally think it's because he was a PSG fan. Obviously they didn't want him anywhere with us.
    'That guy in the video tried to force himself on, so they pushed him off.'
    A chant of 'We're racist and that's the way we like it' is clearly audible on the video, but McCoy contended it was not about the passenger.
    He added: 'That song was about John Terry. The only words I know is 'he's a racist, he's a racist' and I don't know the rest.'

Asked why that song was sung at that moment, he said: 'I'm not sure. I didn't sing it.
    'It wasn't just that one time that it happened. It wasn't just with the black people that we weren't letting on.
    'There was white people, women that people weren't allowing on. There was no space.
    'They were saying, 'You can't get on this carriage, you have to go somewhere else'.'
    McCoy believes fingers were pointed at him following 'a stupid Tweet I did last night, (about) the John Terry song'.
    He is aware of Chelsea's plan to support any criminal prosecution and hand out banning orders to any supporters found to have offended.
    'I wouldn't say (I am) worried, because I haven't done anything wrong, neither has any of my mates,' he said.
    'I don't see how that can be used against me because I'm not in the video.
    'Of course we're concerned (about being banned). It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    '(But) they ban you for anything. It wouldn't surprise me.'
    Asked if he would be prepared to help Chelsea identify those involved, McCoy added: 'I don't recognise any of them so I wouldn't be much use.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2958453/Chelsea-fan-claims-supporters-prevented-black-man-getting-train-full.html#ixzz3S6Cf4FeZ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Advertisement

Ask anyone that attended Chelsea v Celtic as an away fan a few years ago in a friendly at Stamford Bridge and they might tell you differently.

Just because you didn't witness it doesn't make it b0llocks

It must be a biased article written by a Liverpool supporter!!!!

That's the type of response you will get to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's the guy Rasta posted about:

racistnruha.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

zerks wrote: »
    Here's the guy Rasta posted about:

racistnruha.png

Isn't he the hard man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It must be a biased article written by a Liverpool supporter!!!!

That's the type of response you will get to that!

You'd doubt it considering it names Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Manchester United, Sunderland, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic were all arrested for racist or indecent chanting.

Its conjecture really to suggest theres a larger %.

I'll admit that scientific stats as to racist yob as a ratio of attendees at football matches probably don't exist.

But all the same, with those stats quoted above, coupled with the incident here (I don't remember another coming out among a Premier League club), it's not difficult to jump to that conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Chelsea fans were five of the 23
    Top flight supporters from Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Manchester United,
    Sunderland, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic were all arrested for racist
    or indecent chanting.

So 5 people of 23 arrested, leaving 18 people from 7 clubs or an average of 2 people.

Jaysus Chelsea are 50% more racist than anyone else, burn um all.

In fairness taking what people on Twitter say serious probably isn't wise.

Tap into any fanbase and you'll find absolute scrots of the highest order saying the same thing.

It's a societal issue, not a football one

rarnes1 wrote: »
    In fairness taking what people on Twitter say serious probably isn't wise.

Tap into any fanbase and you'll find absolute scrots of the highest order saying the same thing.

It's a societal issue, not a football one

People need to be accountable for what they publish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

So 5 people of 23 arrested, leaving 18 people from 7 clubs or an average of 2 people.

it's 100%

I actually can't believe a Chelsea fan is trying to deny that Chelsea have a history of having a much more racist fan base than other clubs.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I don't think I'll ever understand how some people think it's ok to use a despicable incident perpetrated by some vile cretinous thugs to have a swipe at supporters of a rival club. It isn't.

It's also ridiculous to say Chelsea has a greater number of racist thugs for supporters than other clubs. In most incidents of racism involving Chelsea fans, including this one, the perpetrator(s) have been reported by other Chelsea fans. My Twitter TL is chock full of stills from that video posted by other Chelsea fans trying to identify those responsible. The club has already said it will be taking the strongest possible action if it turns out these idiots are ST holders or members.

You see, now I feel like I have to jump in to defend millions of Chelsea fans worldwide against the usual tripe that's trotted out by people here about what constitutes a typical Chelsea fan. It's very childish to use such an incident to have digs at rival fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Given the history of the Chelsea fan base, it absolutely beggars belief that they actually do have Irish fans, it's mind boggling in fact.

It backs up my point more than anything you've provided to back up your argument. Also, nobody here has made the generalisations that you're claiming.

Your bizarre need to defend the club has made you irrational. Chelsea has more scum racists than other clubs, nobody is saying most of the club are racists or anything. Dunno why you're taking it personal. Pretty much everyone admits that there's bad eggs at every club.

Given the history of the Chelsea fan base, it absolutely beggars belief that they actually do have Irish fans, it's mind boggling in fact.

People follow teams not their fans. All teams have scummy fans. I follow arsenal not the fans that are vile racist Abusive or homophobic

efb wrote: »
    People need to be accountable for what they publish

Absolutely.

Trying to control that however on a platform as big as Twitter is another thing.

You can be sure there's probably racists posting here. Would boards tolerate it? Not at all as there's moderators to stop it.

Give these guys a Twitter account and they can say what they like.

Once it's posted it's there forever

I don't think I'll ever understand how some people think it's ok to use a despicable incident perpetrated by some vile cretinous thugs to have a swipe at supporters of a rival club. It isn't.

It's also ridiculous to say Chelsea has a greater number of racist thugs for supporters than other clubs. In most incidents of racism involving Chelsea fans, including this one, the perpetrator(s) have been reported by other Chelsea fans. My Twitter TL is chock full of stills from that video posted by other Chelsea fans trying to identify those responsible. The club has already said it will be taking the strongest possible action if it turns out these idiots are ST holders or members.

You see, now I feel like I have to jump in to defend millions of Chelsea fans worldwide against the usual tripe that's trotted out by people here about what constitutes a typical Chelsea fan. It's very childish to use such an incident to have digs at rival fans.
    To be fair, it was the 'This isn't a Chelsea thing' argument that came in beforehand for the most part. It isn't unreasonable to point out that it is. It was done by Chelsea fans after a Chelsea match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There is always a 45-50+ year old bald fat/stocky man with a bunch of kids by his side in those type of groups.

• Advertisement

People follow teams not their fans. All teams have scummy fans. I follow arsenal not the fans that are vile racist Abusive or homophobic
    What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Where did anyone suggest that the average football fan supports racist yobs instead of the football team? Strange to deny something so vehemently that was never even loosely suggested.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Trying to control that however on a platform as big as Twitter is another thing.

You can be sure there's probably racists posting here. Would boards tolerate it? Not at all as there's moderators to stop it.

Give these guys a Twitter account and they can say what they like.

Once it's posted it's there forever

That's up to twitter, but people who use racist/Abusive/homophobic terms should face the consequences of their behaviour

It backs up my point more than anything you've provided to back up your argument. Also, nobody here has made the generalisations that you're claiming.

Your bizarre need to defend the club has made you irrational. Chelsea has more scum racists than other clubs, nobody is saying most of the club are racists or anything. Dunno why you're taking it personal. Pretty much everyone admits that there's bad eggs at every club.

I think that's the bone of contention.

Also as others have said why this incident is being to used to have a pop at groups of fans I don't know? Nobody said Liverpool are the most racist/bite-y after the Suarez incidents, just that he was.

That's up to twitter, but people who use racist/Abusive/homophobic terms should face the consequences of their behaviour

I agree with you there but trying to police that is another thing

I'm defending the club, not the idiots the drag the clubs name through the gutter.

Across the globe you're going to get thugs and scumbag support a club and because they wear a jersey and sing songs the majority get dragged through the ringer.

I've no want or need to defend any fans or set of fans, as to my mind anyone acting like that isnt a fan just an idiot who happens to be wearing the same colours as me.

I think that's the bone of contention.

Also as others have said why this incident is being to used to have a pop at groups of fans I don't know? Nobody said Liverpool are the most racist/bite-y after the Suarez incidents, just that he was.

I've posted a link showing Chelsea had more arrests regarding racist incidents compared to other clubs. If you have a link that contests it, please post it. Otherwise you're just denying it with zero basis for denial.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Where did anyone suggest that the average football fan supports racist yobs instead of the football team? Strange to deny something so vehemently that was never even loosely suggested.

You said given the fan Base behaviour it beggars belief they had irish fans... People don't follow clubs fans they support their footballers

I've posted a link showing Chelsea had more arrests regarding racist incidents compared to other clubs. If you have a link that contests it, please post it. Otherwise you're just denying it with zero basis for denial.

As I posted earlier, more arrests (not incidents) doesn't mean more racists. Not denying anything, just pointing out the lack of evidence.

Why does it beggar belief, if you said it's nothing to do with fans????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

You said given the fan Base behaviour it beggars belief they had irish fans... People don't follow clubs fans they support their footballers

I am not so sure thats true.
    Would you follow Arsenal if the majority of fans were homophobic and chanted anti gay songs at games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The headhunters had ties to combat 18 which is a blatantly racist neo nazi organisation or whatever the fúck that pack of scrotes want to call themselves. To say Chelsea fans haven't had a large history of racism in days past is outrageous.

However this isn't very relevant to what happened last night but I'm just trying to counter peoples points on saying they haven't historically had a racist minority

• Advertisement
Advertisement