Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Fans Stop A Black Man Boarding A Train In Paris (Read Mod Note in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

niallo27 wrote: »
    Singing about lampards mother being blue as well or about lee carsleys son are worse for me than racist chants but society tells us racist chants are 100 times worse.

I would take it a step further and say that action would be far more disturbing if it was physical rather then verbal.

A few songs are not nice, but physical abuse imo would be far worse. I'm sure those racist lads might be into that crap too.

Then again I lived in Tehran for while seeing guys been thrown off buildings and kids having their hands crushed by cars so this stuff seems bit lees dramatic. Maybe I'm bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Then again I lived in Tehran for while seeing guys been thrown off buildings and kids having their hands crushed by cars so this stuff seems bit lees dramatic. Maybe I'm bad.

The ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

torres-chelsea-fans.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

djPSB wrote: »
    torres-chelsea-fans.jpg

Chelsea fans are the worst in the world for hating players with blonde hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

torres-chelsea-fans.jpg

LoLz

You can get any picture of a footballer in front of rival fans getting the same.

My personal favourite was Keane scoring against Arsenal and a female fan reacting less than savoury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

David Baddiel would have you believe that if Spurs fans would just stop using the Y word then that would be the end of it.

I'm not so sure. Frank Lampard's convincing performance swung it for me.

torres-chelsea-fans.jpg

What wrong with this?

They just want to give Fernando a helping hand!

Rafa got a lot of abuse in his time there too which was unfair.

ay104849853file-photo-chels.jpg

Rafael-Ben-tez-banner-008.jpg

Are you trying to compare racial abuse to the signs that appeared during Rafas reign or you just looking for a stick to beat the club with?

Im sure Rafa full well knew what he was doing getting into the job and being a grown man im sure it didnt bother him in the slighest when he got well paid and got another job in the back of it.

Good comparrison though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

There might be a few unsavoury fans at chelsea but they don't represent the club as a whole. It's not as if they team and manager wore t shirts supporting a suspected racist or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This thread has officially jumped the shark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Are you trying to compare racial abuse to the signs that appeared during Rafas reign or you just looking for a stick to beat the club with?

Im sure Rafa full well knew what he was doing getting into the job and being a grown man im sure it didnt bother him in the slighest when he got well paid and got another job in the back of it.

Good comparrison though.

Being paid well doesn't mean people are entitled to abuse you

There might be a few unsavoury fans at chelsea but they don't represent the club as a whole. It's not as if they team and manager wore t shirts supporting a suspected racist or anything

Floodgates opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Dunno why a hell of a lot of Irish fans support one of the blue brothers.

efb wrote: »
    Being paid well doesn't mean people are entitled to abuse you

Of course not, Rafa accepted the job and must have known full wsy what he was getting in for.

He knew Jose was coming back so he was happy to get top 4 and get a job on the back of it.

Win-win

Good comparrison though.

It's another example of the behaviour that's expected from Chelsea fans.

Do you not think the treatment of Rafa was wrong and disrespectful?

You didn't see abuse like that from United fans when they wanted Moyes out or from Liverpool fans when they wanted Hodgson gone.

It's a combination of things:
    - Chanting through the Hillsborough memorial
    - Racial abuse from fans
    - John Terry riding his colleagues wife
    - John Terry being a racist
    - Chants and banners calling your own manager fat

Not the kind of things you want associated with a club. It's the kind of stuff you'd expect from Millwall and the likes.

Of course not, Rafa accepted the job and must have known full wsy what he was getting in for.

He knew Jose was coming back so he was happy to get top 4 and get a job on the back of it.

Win-win

But what the fans did was wrong - agreed?

But what the fans did was wrong - agreed?

He knew what he was getting in for so it's okay to call him fat. That seems to be the synopsis.

You didn't see abuse like that from United fans when they wanted Moyes out or from Liverpool fans when they wanted Hodgson gone.

- Racial abuse from fans

Not the kind of things you want associated with a club. It's the kind of stuff you'd expect from Millwall and the likes.

and their fans being the main culprits for destroying lansdowne road (well of the English teams)

• Advertisement

- Racial abuse from fans

Did giggs not ride his brother's wife?

And the plane banner attacking Moyes

Fans Reffering to Arsene Wenger as a paedophile?

ALL CLUBS HAVE MORONS

Wow.

Did giggs not ride his bf's wife?

And the plane banner attacking Moyes

Fans Reffering to Arsene Wenger as a paedophile?

ALL CLUBS HAVE MORONS

Ye but Chelsea tend to be associated with extreme neo nazi, right wing, white supremacist scum and the like. Amazing how naive and ignorant some Irish fans can be. Just randomly support a club they know fcuk all about, just for the sake of supporting a successful English team

Ye but Chelsea tend to be associated with extreme neo nazi, right wing, white supremacist scum

Again guilt by association

Again guilt by association

Not really. You go into a pub of hardcore Chelsea fans before a game and bring the tri-colour in with you, as many Irish fans seem to do when they go to support their English teams, and believe me you won't be coming back out without a few black eye's.

Not really. You go into a pub of hardcore Chelsea fans before a game and the bring the tri-colour in, as many Irish fans seem to do when they go to support "their" English teams, and believe me you won't be coming back out without a few black eye's.

Chelsea FC can't be responsible for that

• Advertisement

Chelsea FC can't be responsible for that

Ye but that's what Chelsea as a club have always represented and embodied. Clubs get their identity and ethos from their area and fans who reside there.

Ye but that's what Chelsea as a club have always represented and embodied. Clubs get their identity and ethos from their area and fans who reside there.

I disagree. And the vast majority of Chelsea fans are civil and law abiding anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Win-win

Thats so disrespectful of Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thats so disrespectful of Rafa

Yeah, Rafa was fairly ticked off alright the day he rocked up to Stamford Bridge and signed on the dotted line.
    Get real will ya

I disagree. And the vast majority of Chelsea fans are civil and law abiding anyway

You could say that about any club. But most clubs (like the one's mentioned) have a minority of fans who are just morons out to cause trouble for the heck of it (Leeds, Millwall etc), whereas within Chelsea's "minority", there's a nasty real undercurrent of racist sectarian bigotry and right wing neo-nazi supremacy towards anyone who's in anyway different, that you just don't find attached to most other clubs. To make out that every club and their sets of fans are the same, or indeed as bad as Chelsea, by pointing to incidents of their own fan trouble, is just disingenuous in this case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

- Racial abuse from fans
    - Chants and banners calling your own interim manager fat

FYP

BTW Nothing wrong with the culture at that club. Just a few bad eggs. Not everyone there is rasist or siphoning off their nation's natural resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I had no problem with any of the Chelsea fans' indiscretions until I seen them call Torres a wanker! At a football game and all! Sure I never thought I'd see the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah, Rafa was fairly ticked off alright the day he rocked up to Stamford Bridge and signed on the dotted line.
    Get real will ya

I said 'of'

That was joke. You may have read it on the defensive. Like your bus;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sections of the Chelsea fanbase covering themselves in glory on their travels again eh, these idiots really tarnish the wider fan base which is unfortunate, I just don't get them, how did they feel when Drogba scored that goal? Was it a perfect mix of agony and ecstasy?

The headhunters must have been very conflicted that night, I have put it to the father in law a few times, since he has been a Chelsea fan since back in the 60's, what in the name of all that is holy enticed him to support a team with Chelseas history and image. The Blues Brothers and all that, the links to the far right and Combat 18 etc and have never been able to get a straight answer from him, I suppose its possible he harbours some strong far right beliefs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

The funny thing in this thread is people telling the Irish Chelsea fans that we are supporting an anti-Irish club etc.

Yet all of us that have travelled over to games all report good experiences and all keep going back and all keep having good experiences.

Who are ye to tell us Chelsea is anti-Irish when we experience first-hand many times that its not?

Kind of insulting that our experiences don't seem to be evidence enough....

The arrogance that Liverpool / United fans etc think they know better than Chelsea fans who travel to games is laughable

The funny thing in this thread is people telling the Irish Chelsea fans that we are supporting an anti-Irish club etc.

Yet all of us that have travelled over to games all report good experiences and all keep going back and all keep having good experiences.

Who are ye to tell us Chelsea is anti-Irish when we experience first-hand many times that its not?

Kind of insulting that our experiences don't seem to be evidence enough....

I wouldn't say Chelsea FC is anti Irish, I would say that a sizeable section of the Chelsea hardcore fanbase has pretty strong right wing beliefs and plenty of anti irish sentiments there too.

1795849298a5167411435l.jpg

Combat 18, National Front and even links to the UVF etc

Its not just a few bad apples in the closet with the Chelsea skeletons, but it does not mean the entire fanbase are just a big bunch of Irish hating Nazi's

You can present your evidence, other people can present theirs, neither negate the other.

The arrogance that Liverpool / United fans etc think they know better than Chelsea fans who travel to games is laughable

As arrogant as assuming that your narrow first hand knowledge is representative of an entire fanbase?

kryogen wrote:
    I wouldn't say Chelsea FC is anti Irish, I would say that a sizeable section of the Chelsea hardcore fanbase has pretty strong right wing beliefs and plenty of anti irish sentiments there too.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that link is there and felt by some of the hardcore supporters, but that certainly does not represent the club as a whole.

Fair enough, I can appreciate that link is there and felt by some of the hardcore supporters, but that certainly does not represent the club as a whole.

We have no argument there, Chelsea FC with its Russian owner, American CEO, and multi cultural playing squad are certainly not represented by these idiots, I have been to plenty of Chelsea games, Milwall, West Ham and Birmingham games over the past few seasons, (let alone United games!) and I have never really felt uncomfortable or seen too much that would make me wary, but there have certainly been pubs and areas I have been told to avoid.

The only place I really felt odd and like I just did not want to be there as a football fan was Windsor Park. Can only imagine what Ibrox would be like on derby day or Tynecastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

kryogen wrote: »
    As arrogant as assuming that your narrow first hand knowledge is representative of an entire fanbase?

Is the evidence being used to bash the Chelsea fanbase as a whole mostly not narrow second hand knowledge (damning as it is), is your reference to far right groups not the same, could you then not be called arrogant based on that standard.

Clubs in all tiers have being trying successfully to eliminate unsavoury elements, with Chelsea being one of them, these fools are certainly a minority, an unfortunate one that exists indeed.

The right wing elements supposedly attached to us are never seen in the ground and while they may masquerade as Chelsea fans they are nothing but thugs and to suggest they represent a sizeable portion of the fanbase is as ridiculous as suggesting Osama Bin Laden or Piers Morgan represent Arsenal or the like.

kryogen wrote:

Nobody said anything about an entire fanbase, constantly throughout the thread its been stated that every club has its clowns and that counts for Chelsea too, but considering I and others have never experienced any I'll feeling towards us at any time at Stamford Bridge then I think it's fair to state that Chelsea is quite a welcoming club towards its Irish fan base.

Possibly, but then I didn't call anybody arrogant for having a different opinion to me so its not my position to defend.

Why do you say right wing elements supposedly attached? Never seen in the ground?

8012975085_436c8241b2_z.jpg

CHELSEA_HOODIE_PREW2.jpg?1362735413

They have been the subject of an undercover journalist investigation, there is certainly a right wing element attached. I don't understand how you could even possibly attempt to deny that, its just silly.

Is the evidence being used to bash the Chelsea fanbase as a whole mostly not narrow second hand knowledge (damning as it is), is your reference to far right groups not the same, could you then not be called arrogant based on that standard.

Clubs in all tiers have being trying successfully to eliminate unsavoury elements, with Chelsea being one of them, these fools are certainly a minority, an unfortunate one that exists indeed.

The right wing elements supposedly attached to us are never seen in the ground and while they may masquerade as Chelsea fans they are nothing but thugs and to suggest they represent a sizeable portion of the fanbase is as ridiculous as suggesting Osama Bin Laden or Piers Morgan represent Arsenal or the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

About 3 - 6 fans abuse a guy in Paris, not on, of course its not.

But we've gone from that amount to all Chelsea fans are raving racists.

Cool story.

thats it - having witnessed serious football violence in England in the 80's , largely unreported - to headlining on Sky and Prime Minister intervention - surely there are more important things to report like ISIS , Ukraine , people dying.
    Happily English football culture has moved on a lot from the dark days of the 80's - ther will always be a few morons , doing the moronic thing , but perspective.

My cousin was doing a degree in university in Birmingham, there was a talk a few years back he went to on football hooliganism. There was plenty of speakers there from psychologists to ex hooligans and police etc

One of the main speakers spoke at great length about Chelsea and their "firm" and the gist was how closely aligned with Rangers they were and how both of them have the most extreme, hate filled, racist scumbags on the island following them. The strong links to the far right and all that was covered. Now I am sure there was plenty of generalisations included but it just adds to the image of the clubs fans, well, an underbelly of the clubs fans.

Amusing one of the most hilarious statements I have overheard at a football game was on a trip to Celtic park last year, the guy in front of me, turns to his friend and says, "I hate these bigoted hun bastards" in reference to Hearts. (Should really have called them the mini huns if anything ;))

The irony was completely lost on him but I was almost buckled in the seat.

I suppose, Liverpool fans don't get much of a hard time over here for following the "orange" club so Chelsea fans can probably feel hard done by in that respect.

- Racial abuse from fans

Ugly ugly behaviour.

Though nowhere near as bad as other behaviour by others historically or even just in recent years.

Say like those Liverpool fans celebrating a CL win by dropping a paving stone on the head of a Bulgarian barman to kill him, Liverpool the club standing by a player who racially abused another and so on. Both of those are a heck of a lot worse than "they called someone fat".

The power of the mobile phone and the video I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I suppose, Liverpool fans don't get much of a hard time over here for following the "orange" club
    so Chelsea fans can probably feel hard done by in that respect.

They really don't like it when that's brought up.

On the subject of Chelsea,it'd be these clowns left if for some reason the club ended up in the lower divisions and the (for the want of a better term) 'plastic fans' went on to the next fashionable team to follow.The mindset of these is that they are the "real fans" yet drag the clubs name through the sh1t.

My cousin was doing a degree in university in Birmingham, there was a talk a few years back he went to on football hooliganism. There was plenty of speakers there from psychologists to ex hooligans and police etc

One of the main speakers spoke at great length about Chelsea and their "firm" and the gist was how closely aligned with Rangers they were and how both of them have the most extreme, hate filled, racist scumbags on the island following them. The strong links to the far right and all that was covered. Now I am sure there was plenty of generalisations included but it just adds to the image of the clubs fans, well, an underbelly of the clubs fans.

Amusing one of the most hilarious statements I have overheard at a football game was on a trip to Celtic park last year, the guy in front of me, turns to his friend and says, "I hate these bigoted hun bastards" in reference to Hearts. (Should really have called them the mini huns if anything ;))

The irony was completely lost on him but I was almost buckled in the seat.

I suppose, Liverpool fans don't get much of a hard time over here for following the "orange" club so Chelsea fans can probably feel hard done by in that respect.

I'm not really a Celtic fan, but the hatred from a minority of their fans isn't borne out of nowhere, it's a reactionary hatred, whereas the hatred from a big minority of Linfield, Rangers and Chelsea fans is just sheer unprovoked venom towards anything that is different, be it immigrants, the Irish etc. So I wouldn't class a Celtic fan saying that as irony, as it's not close to the same level of unprovoked sh1t they've had to put up with and tolerate from their nearest and dearest neighbors, and the same goes for Hibs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

8012975085_436c8241b2_z.jpg

FFS. What a disgusting picture. I feel sorry for the little girl in it, not knowing any better being born and raised in to that kind of sh1t by this absolute scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm not really a Celtic fan, but the hatred from a minority of their fans isn't born out of nowhere, it's a reactionary hatred, whereas the hatred from a big minority of Linfield, Rangers and Chelsea fans is just sheer unprovoked venom towards anything that is different, be it immigrants, the Irish etc. So I wouldn't class a Celtic fan saying that as irony, as it's not close to the same level of unprovoked sh1t they've had to put up with and tolerate from their nearest and dearest neighbors, and the same goes for Hibs

Yeah it's not like IRA ever bombed London right? Right..?

Advertisement