Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling from NI to the Republic

Options
  • 18-02-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

im a customer of BoI (NI) and I'm going on a short break to the Republic.

Now that Sterling is so strong against the Euro, I'm wondering what is the best (most ) economical way to pay for goods and services while in Euroland.
    Buy Euro up North
    Buy Euro in the Republic
    Withdraw from cash point as and when needed (is there a charge?)
    Pay hotel bills , theatre and such like with debit or credit card

What's the most economical way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

kah22 wrote: »
    im a customer of BoI (NI) and I'm going on a short break to the Republic.

Now that Sterling is so strong against the Euro, I'm wondering what is the best (most ) economical way to pay for goods and services while in Euroland.
    Buy Euro up North
    Buy Euro in the Republic
    Withdraw from cash point as and when needed (is there a charge?)
    Pay hotel bills , theatre and such like with debit or credit card

What's the most economical way?
    Hi kah22,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

It would be best to contact your branch to enquire about the current exchange rate for exchanging Sterling to Euro. A representative will be happy to provide you with the daily exchange rate. You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Please find the daily exchange rates for Euro to Sterling here.

When you withdraw cash at a Bank of Ireland ATM using your Maestro card in the Republic of Ireland, there is no charge. However if you use a non Bank of Ireland ATM to withdraw cash, there is a charge of £1.50 plus 2.75% of the amount withdrawn. For using your card at a point of sale, this would incur a charge of 2.75% of the amount spent. You can find these charges detailed in our fees and charges brochure at this link, on page 11.

For using your credit card in the Republic of Ireland, please see here for details on the charges that can apply. 

I hope this helps you and please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement