Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't make an offer says Estate Agent?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

cerastes wrote: »
    That seems to be a better idea to me, but does it work when you're deasling with EAs who mostly seem to do the mind games themselves, at worst not be drawn into it, but when EAs arent passing on offers, a vendor might see what the offers are and decide to make a move on one.
    There shoukd be more rapid transparency on offers made, ie any offers made should be able to be viewed by at least those in the process, not sure what system would have to be in place to ensure other bids were genuine.

If the EA is trying to play games with you it's even less likely that they will be drawn in by anything you try with them. If you're dealing with an estate agent Who wont pass on your offers or is engaging on other similar carry on you have two choices, walk away or try and contact the seller directly. the seller might be delighted to hear from you or might tell you to eff off and talk to the EA. Either way arbitrarily withdrawing bids or lowering your offer isn't going to get you anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

thanks for all the suggestions

gonna stay at the the current offer ...
    will update when I can. I am prepared to loose this one as its overpriced as the vendor/ea is being unrealistic imo...

ft

• Registered Users Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's kind of mad that such a legal obligation isn't common knowledge for people with an interest in the market!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

update:
    i ended up withdrawing my bid as there was planning issues with the property that i uncovered after visiting the local planning office.

property is still on at the same price 4 months on.

ft

Advertisement