Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Contact Change

Options
  • 18-02-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My dad received a letter from eircom saying they were increasing prices. He rang them to change bundles but was told he would have to set up a direct debit. He doesn't want to do this as he had always paid in the post office. Eircom still list this as an option to pay do why are they insisting he sets up a DD?
    He's 80 years old and been with eircom since they got a phoneline in. I don't want to see home getting stressed over this.
    Had anyone had the same problem and can they force to set up DD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

macca3 wrote: »
    My dad received a letter from eircom saying they were increasing prices. He rang them to change bundles but was told he would have to set up a direct debit. He doesn't want to do this as he had always paid in the post office. Eircom still list this as an option to pay do why are they insisting he sets up a DD?
    He's 80 years old and been with eircom since they got a phoneline in. I don't want to see home getting stressed over this.
    Had anyone had the same problem and can they force to set up DD?
    Hi macca3
    yes new customers do have to provide DD details. Can you PM me your a/c details and we can have a look at thi sfo ryou.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10 macca3

Hi macca3
    yes new customers do have to provide DD details. Can you PM me your a/c details and we can have a look at thi sfo ryou.
    Tony

But he's not a new customer. Phone line has been in the house over 50 years. I'll check his details later and PM you.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi macca3
    Tony

But he's not a new customer. Phone line has been in the house over 50 years. I'll check his details later and PM you.
    Thanks.
    No, I know this macca3 and will chase because of this. I presume it is because he will be entered into a new contract, but send me his details and what he was offered and I will check for him.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10 macca3

PM sent. Thanks for looking into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PM sent. Thanks for looking into this.
    Hi macca3

I have had this fully investigated and I'm sorry to confirm that the specific package (which offers Unlimited local and national calls with 60 mobile minutes) contains a specific condition of payment by direct debit and unless agreed to will not be available.

I fully understand any disappointment with this in light of your Dads loyalty to eircom and excellent payment history however the conditions are applicable to all customers and certain exceptions cannot be arranged.

I am very sorry I could not offer you better news macca3 however if you wish to proceed with the package and direct debit feel free to PM me a preferred number and I'll call to arrange this for you & your Dad

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement