Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking & Recipes Meet-Up?

Options
  • 18-02-2015 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

We've been batting around the idea of a meet up in the Cooking Chat thread and thought we'd open the discussion to the (kitchen) floor, who would be interested in a meet up? Yes/No Survey above.

I know as a community we're spread out all over the country/world so once we see if people are interested we'll have a think about where a meet up could happen. Or maybe people will organise multiple meet ups.

Will get an idea of whether people are interested from this and then look into what delightful things we could do & eat.

Would you fancy coming to a C&R meet up? 23 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BOO, not a public poll.

I've organised many meet ups on this website, and can tell you than unless you've a way of identifying no-shows then you'll get attendance of about 25% of those who say they'll be there.

If you make it so people can be asked wtf they are, it goes up to about 50%.

You'll get people say all along they'll be there, than at five to whenever post and say something's come up - but really they had no intention of coming anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I'm up for it!

...also, when you've a venue picked be sure to let them know where the group is coming from, that it's Boards.ie, and see if they'll do a discount or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd be up for it, if it's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

And me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Me too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'd be in for Dublin for sure. (and apols Baldy & anyone who would have liked to see who voted what way, I missed the public poll option on the set up).

Will leave the poll open for a couple of days and then we can look at what will work for time & place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Ah yeah, why not. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd be up for one outside of Dublin. I'm based in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'd definitely be up for one in Dublin

Would possibly be up for one elsewhere, would look into making a weekend of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm up for the Dublin one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dublin yeah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's going to be a friggin' nightmare choosing the restaurant......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    It's going to be a friggin' nightmare choosing the restaurant......

Epicurean Food Hall. Something for everyone :)

Any interest in just meeting for a few casual drinks rather than a meal?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, that might be easier, logistically.

That'd be my preference too, hmc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Any interest in just meeting for a few casual drinks rather than a meal?

I think that's a much better idea really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Sure that'll suit me, too.

I'm not coming unless it's a full silver service 8 courser at Guilbaud's & I want all your deposits by paypal in he next week. Hmph.

Casual drinks and possibly some bags of crisps sounds really good!

• Advertisement

Would people be more interested midweek or weekend? I'm not an especially big social butterfly/toast of high society but my weekends tend to be a little busy so midweek might work best for me. I'll throw up a poll with some possible dates when i close this thread off.

I'm a bit pushed weeknights I could maybe make it for an hour between 8 and 9, but any Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday would suit me.

Midweek is best for me. I keep my weekends for showering love & attention on Mrs B & The Kids.

* hands out the sick bags *

Aye, midweek for me too. Maybe a Thursday? I, for one, don't mind being slightly squiffy in work on a Friday.

Thursday or Friday for me, not a Tuesday because the Boards.ie Football Team plays Tuesdays and I'm the manager.

Pub with good beer please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aye, midweek for me too. Maybe a Thursday? I, for one, don't mind being slightly squiffy in work on a Friday.

Thirsty Thursday! Splendid idea! If it's in Dublin I'm in, having recently moved home it would be lovely to meet all the fellow foodies! :)

What about one of the Porterhouses, or The Black Sheep or Against the Grain. A good selection of beers to suit anyone, and anyone who'll need food can get some.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Bah. Hate living abroad. :(

Promise not to have too much fun plz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bah. Hate living abroad. :(

Promise not to have too much fun plz

This :p

• Advertisement

Against the Grain gets my vote, though am happy to go closer to the city centre if that suits people. Black Sheep is great but too far north for me. The craft beer place on earlsfort terrace is also good, Alfie Byrne's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement