Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tallaght Sports Bikes

• 18-02-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭

Driving by the place today i noticed it was gone, no signage nothing.

Anyone know when they closed?

Never bought anything in it tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Got a screw in my rear tyre on Monday in Tallaght, headed up to get her plugged & found this out the hard way :mad:

On the plus side, Burdock's opened up next door to their old premises :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

They haven't closed. They are just moving.
    Although there was a recent thread on biker.ie about Tallaght superbikes and it was all pretty damn negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wouldn't touch the f*ckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

After reading a few threads on biker, wouldn't go near them. TBH, the extra money bikes shops charge more than private sales, I doubt I'd ever go near any of them. Unless I won the lotto and was buying new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

After Muck and Fun (formerly Planet Scum) they are certainly the dodgiest place in the country. I wouldn't even consider going in to the shop after one visit when it used to be the warehouse across from Premiere in Inchicore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Few weeks ago I happened to be in tallaght and had heard there was a bike shop, quick google search and followed the address to where they should be, no sign of them so I rang the number on the site to check if I was in the right place. The guy says yeah come around the front and he opens up a shutter, explains they're moving premises so they're packing their stuff up but I can have a look at the gear. I had been looking for a helmet I explained to him, he starts trying to sell me all these random lids and asking me to try them on, tried on on that was way too big and he goes yeah that looks grand I'll do you a deal for 70e. He also said he'd do a deal on a duchinni for 80e when I know for a fact that helmet is 70 - 80 anyway. He then says I've got a motogp helmet back at the house if you want to follow me back and I'll do you a deal I bought it for 400 and I'll sell you it for 200.

Anyway I got out of there and headed into town, sound young guy in megabikes sorted me out and wouldn't let me get the wrong size. Made me try the smaller size and turned out to be a much better fit.

Tl;dr
    Avoid tallaght super bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah man ive had very good experiences with megabikes myself.
    They genuinely give a crap if you get good fitting gear and get whats fit for the purpose you need.

Where as the general feedback about the first place you were in is they want your money and couldnt give a crap other than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anyway I got out of there and headed into town, sound young guy in megabikes sorted me out and wouldn't let me get the wrong size. Made me try the smaller size and turned out to be a much better fit.

Tl;dr
    Avoid tallaght super bikes

Could have gone to Cotters when you where in Tallaght, not too far for Tallaght Superbikes

Advertisement