Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Spieth is playing fantastic yes, but lol at people saying give him the jacket. When hes still playing like this Sunday night I will eat my words, but Golf, is so topsy turvy anything can happen still. Rose and Els both impressed me today and wont be letting Spieth run away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

What would you give for a McIlroy Spieth final pairing on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Woods in the water. Big error.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ouch

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Spieth is playing fantastic yes, but lol at people saying give him the jacket. When hes still playing like this Sunday night I will eat my words, but Golf, is so topsy turvy anything can happen still. Rose and Els both impressed me today and wont be letting Spieth run away with this.

Relax lad. I was joking anyway. Been around this game long enough to know how much golf can change overnight. But if he plays anywhere near like he has today tomorrow when he will be out in the better early conditions then he could seperate himself from the whole field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Spieth should do the lotto. Last 3 holes have had outrageous slices of luck. That ball was 30 feet past the holes only hitting the flag. Saying that he's a fantastic player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Can't see it happening. McIlroy has got his playing schedule wrong. He hasn't played enough in the last month. He has talked this up too much and put himself under unnecessary pressure.

Relax lad. I was joking anyway. Been around this game long enough to know how much golf can change overnight. But if he plays anywhere near like he has today tomorrow when he will be out in the better early conditions then he could seperate himself from the whole field.
    Im sipping on a pilsner enjoying a fantastic round of golf, im very relaxed buddy.

Agree, if he makes the -10 today ift would be absolutely insane stuff. My comment wasnt aimed at you in particular. Have also seen on facebook in the past 10 minutes, 3 comments saying "give him the jacket"

can Speith hit a course record 62...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Im sipping on a pilsner enjoying a fantastic round of golf, im very relaxed buddy.

Agree, if he makes the -10 today ift would be absolutely insane stuff. My comment wasnt aimed at you in particular. Have also seen on facebook in the past 10 minutes, 3 comments saying "give him the jacket"

Remember Peter Jacobson's famous line;

"The slums of Chicago are full of people who led after the first round of the Masters"

That said, Speith is playing some great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Spieth should do the lotto. Last 3 holes have had outrageous slices of luck. That ball was 30 feet past the holes only hitting the flag. Saying that he's a fantastic player.

30 feet? Not a friggin chance. 10/15 at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think we'd have to give Rory 8 shots :)

This chip will test Speith.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You wouldn't see Jordan Spieth hanging around with a popstar (and the un-needed extra media attention it brings) the day before the Masters!

You wouldn't see Jordan Spieth hanging around with a popstar (and the un-needed extra media attention it brings) the day before the Masters!

Ah now !!!

Bandwagoning is the worst kind of fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well give it time. he's only 21 and has only been on tour over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

And so it begins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Harsh on Rory I think guys, he's got himself in the red on Thursday, job done if you ask me.

Can anyone explain why tiger can't seem to keep his stance when swinging??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Spieths 21 Mcilroy has been well known quite a while longer around the globe to attract him to tennis players and pop stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    And so it begins lol

Wrong Direction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

If Speith gets to -10 they only way he will be caught is if someone does a Happy Gilmore and gives him a slap of a car

That wasnt a bad chip

rocky911 wrote: »
    If Speith gets to -10 they only way he will be caught is if someone does a Happy Gilmore and gives him a slap of a car

I can see him and Rory meeting on the scoreboard either tomorrow or Saturday at about -7.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

speith is human , looks like dropping a shot

Looks like a bogey for Spieth here. 15th green a tough one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I can see him and Rory meeting on the scoreboard either tomorrow or Saturday at about -7.

Said it this morning in the thread I think Rory could be at home on Saturday..I will gladly eat humble pie on Sunday if I am wrong but I just dont feel it.. I think that this will be his bogey tournament for a few years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Final warning, another betting post here will result in the weekend off. Regular posters know the deal so this is a friendly warning to everyone else. ]

rocky911 wrote: »
    Said it this morning in the thread I think Rory could be at home on Saturday..I will gladly eat humble pie on Sunday if I am wrong but I just dont feel it.. I think that this will be his bogey tournament for a few years.

He might not win but he'll make the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Speith back to -7 so fulfilled his half already;)

Advertisement