Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Who has the advantage conditions-wise tomorrow, early starters or late ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Who has the advantage conditions-wise tomorrow, early starters or late ones?

Early starters have the advantage apparently.... bit of weather coming in for the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    The pure drivel off the cuff shouts from some is cringeworthy in here

Where's that eejit that said Tiger would collapse over the final 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

If only the tournament ended tonight! Went with Spieth, Day and Koepka.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Enjoy your weekend Fiz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭irishgeo

calling it a night here. speith could be the new rory by the end of the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

irishgeo wrote: »
    calling it a night here. speith could be the new rory by the end of the masters

Ah here lololol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Really enjoyable first round. Superb play by Speith. He looks in ominous form but a long long way to go. At the end of the day, it's still going to come down to the back 9 on Sunday.

Really happy to see Tiger play reasonably well. Certainly proved that his short game was back to its best. Some superb touches out there. Fine effort overall.

I'm sure the powers that be at Augusta won't be liking all these low scores. Expect tougher pins and faster less receptive greens tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

And i'm calling it a night! Good day all round and looking forward to rest of weekend.

Hoping speith can stay on top and that all the paddys have a good day tomorrow and make the cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Cut looking like +2 at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Tiger finished +1

Day gonna drop a shot here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Sergio getting upset again! !!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Sergio getting upset again! !!

No surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Fizman wrote: »
    If only the tournament ended tonight! Went with Spieth, Day and Koepka.

Not much experience of Majors above.

You live you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Unreal up and down from the sand from Sergio on the last!

He's in the top 6! - Lets end the tournie there now please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Good to see a lot of the big guys showing up.

Fully expected Spieth to to being his A game, but that was a sublime start.
    Always been a big fan of Day.
    Nice to see Garcia playing well, bit of clutch to save par on the last.

Disappointed Fowler didn't get under par. Really warmed to him over the last couple of years.

Have a feeling Rory will go pretty low tomorrow, maybe a 66.
    But what a challenge laid down to him by Spieth. The kid is really something special. If he can back up todays round with a 67 or 68 tomorrow, he'll be very hard to catch. He's mentally strong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

shaunac93 wrote: »
    If sky mention tiger's chipping once more I'll crack up...only have sound on less than an hour and all...

Or mention the fact that Spieth is 21 ,they must have said that 50 times tonight.

It was hard work watching the coverage of the golf tonight.
    We got almost no coverage from 7-8 ,between 8 and 10 we got some golf but too many interruptions for ads,talk and shots of scoreboards.
    It was only after ten that the hand brake was released and the coverage began to flow a bit .

Sky would seem to think that there are only 3 players in the tournament,Tiger,Spieth and McIlroy ,that's all they could talk about all night .:mad:
    Hardly anyone else was shown or even mentioned until the others had finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Sky would seem to think that there are only 3 players in the tournament,Tiger,Spieth and McIlroy ,that's all they could talk about all night .:mad:

Yes that is very poor. Almost every shot of Woods's was shown and a lot of players who had good rounds weren't shown at all. Rory didn't really deserve the coverage he got but I have no complaints about Spieth as he was on fire.

I like seeing the top 10 or so but I also like to see some shots from the others. Too much time is wasted watching Woods when he's struggling; I guess at times even he doesn't want his bad rounds analysed swing by swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

stockdam wrote: »
    Yes that is very poor. Almost every shot of Woods's was shown and a lot of players who had good rounds weren't shown at all. Rory didn't really deserve the coverage he got but I have no complaints about Spieth as he was on fire.

I like seeing the top 10 or so but I also like to see some shots from the others. Too much time is wasted watching Woods when he's struggling; I guess at times even he doesn't want his bad rounds analysed swing by swing.

Agreed

I was flicking back and forth to Setanta's coverage ,which was slightly better but they seemed to be largely showing the same shots ,mostly of Tiger .

I think I will only watch it from 10-11.30 tomorrow night and stick to BBC at the weekend .
    The Masters coverage is never great anyway the first 2 days ,its really sub standard in this era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Am I the only one that loved every minute of it? I think its great, I think skys coverage is great, I love all the little features they have. Me and my wife(who doesnt like golf) were loving it. We watched it from 6pm all the way up until 1030PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

dar_cool wrote: »
    Am I the only one that loved every minute of it? I think its great, I think skys coverage is great, I love all the little features they have. Me and my wife(who doesnt like golf) were loving it. We watched it from 6pm all the way up until 1030PM.

Well even at its worst it's still better than anything else on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What time is Rory teeing off today?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

What time is Rory teeing off today?

Think he will be one of the last I imagine?

Link below.. he is in the second last group.. I was nearly right

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Or mention the fact that Spieth is 21 ,they must have said that 50 times tonight.

It was hard work watching the coverage of the golf tonight.
    We got almost no coverage from 7-8 ,between 8 and 10 we got some golf but too many interruptions for ads,talk and shots of scoreboards.
    It was only after ten that the hand brake was released and the coverage began to flow a bit .

Sky have SFA say in when they can start showing coverage or who they show. It's all being fed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Fancied Spieth this week and he's away to a great start anyways. I can't recall any rounds as good as that at Augusta for a long time. Great sign of the man too that after the round he was talking about how it should have been even better given that he bogeyed one of the "birdie holes".

Still all to play for though and nice to see the likes of Garcia, Day and Rose have good rounds yesterday.

McIlroy and Bubba are well in the hunt too but they'll need a low round either today or tomorrow to be in with a shout on Sunday afternoon.

I'd expect the course will play more difficult today as generally the Masters committee don't like to see as many players in the 60's as there was yesterday. Maybe they'll firm up the greens or whatever it is they do with them.

But as much as it is all to play for I think if Spieth can go under par for his next 3 rounds (still a big ask) then no one will catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads if your watching it on sky use the red button! you get everyone playing amen corner & then holes 15 & 16 so your getting live coverage of who ever you want to watch for 5 holes plus there's 2 feature groups which aren't mainly the main groups Rory, Tiger etc... and you can flick back & fort when the ad's come on! I taught it was absolutely brilliant last nite anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads if your watching it on sky use the red button! you get everyone playing amen corner & then holes 15 & 16 so your getting live coverage of who ever you want to watch for 5 holes plus there's 2 feature groups which aren't mainly the main groups Rory, Tiger etc... and you can flick back & fort when the ad's come on! I taught it was absolutely brilliant last nite anyway.

Do you know if you can get the red button coverage if watching Sky on laptop (i.e. SkyGo) as won't be watching from home tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

brian1976 wrote: »
    Do you know if you can get the red button coverage if watching Sky on laptop (i.e. SkyGo) as won't be watching from home tonight?

I couldn't tell yea Brian I'm sure you can couldn't see why not! My first time using the red button :D

Advertisement