Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just 2 things really

the coverage of the masters is the worst out of any tournament all year, and the same this year. they build it up so much, and all we see is the studio from 7 to 8. Then from 8 for an hour or so we get a few interviews, pics of ponds with soothing music in the backround , and the odd few bits of golf.

I would not mind seeing Spieth winning, but I thought between all his excellent golf , he did have a good few very lucky bounces. Very unlikely that will carry over the next 3 days.

edit: i know all the coverage is the same due to some US tv deal, just annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭redhill

Why can't Tiger drive the ball, every year since his great one in year 2000 he can't feckin hit a driver, these days with all the technology it's the one club that has moved on the most, they have massive sweet spots, low spin, etc etc, yet he still can't consistently hit it, I would struggle to think of another top player( even top 20-30) who is so bad over the last 15 years, Phil is a bit wayward but not on Tigers scale, he just seems to lose balance so much. He would be way past Nicklaus in majors he he sorted out this flaw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

PARlance wrote: »
    Sky have SFA say in when they can start showing coverage or who they show. It's all being fed to them.

They have some choice over which players to show - i.e they have a selection available. However they don't dictate or control where the cameras go. They have no control over when live coverage starts and that information is freely available. So if Sky comes on air an hour before that, you know what you will be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

brian1976 wrote: »
    Do you know if you can get the red button coverage if watching Sky on laptop (i.e. SkyGo) as won't be watching from home tonight?

No, I don't think so. I'm away from home at the moment so I'm using SkyGo, and don't see any possibility of red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

vienne86 wrote: »
    No, I don't think so. I'm away from home at the moment so I'm using SkyGo, and don't see any possibility of red button.

Try the skygo extra channel. Sometimes they show what's on the red button!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Only one player has won the Masters leading wire-to-wire since '76 - and that was Trevor Immelman! Norman came close in '96. From memory the Masters often had journeymen go low in Round 1 for whatever reason, I suppose that could have skewed that particular stat. But it's obviously a tough course to lead on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

vienne86 wrote:

I know a couple weekends ago sky sports xtra on skygo were showing what was on the red button, but you can't pick what to watch and it might be red button off sky sports1-3 either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Panrich

Here's a very interesting read regarding the changes in the course down the years while we're waiting for the action to commence.

http://golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/wexler-daniel-augusta/

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

redhill wrote: »
    Why can't Tiger drive the ball, every year since his great one in year 2000 he can't feckin hit a driver, these days with all the technology it's the one club that has moved on the most, they have massive sweet spots, low spin, etc etc, yet he still can't consistently hit it, I would struggle to think of another top player( even top 20-30) who is so bad over the last 15 years, Phil is a bit wayward but not on Tigers scale, he just seems to lose balance so much. He would be way past Nicklaus in majors he he sorted out this flaw

Henrik Stenson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ronjo

Henrik Stenson

Lucky for him to be lethal with the 3 wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

ronjo wrote: »
    Lucky for him to be lethal with the 3 wood

When you can't hit driver you get a lot of practice in with the 3 wood. And when you boom it like he does who needs driver! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Big Easy was class last night. really enjoyed watching that swing.
    hope he can keep it going, love to see him get a green jacket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

syngindub wrote: »
    Big Easy was class last night. really enjoyed watching that swing.
    hope he can keep it going, love to see him get a green jacket

Would be a big jacket..tank of a man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ronjo

And he is off.... Straight down the middle of the first fairway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Speith will not win this. He'll buckle on either Saturday or Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Severe weather warning issued for Augusta from 4 pm their time onwards!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Peist2007 wrote: »

I think the same. Would love to see him win it but last week when the pressure was on he was missing right, and one or two of his shots yesterday did the same. I think the fact he shot such a great first round, which was very impressive, now puts extra pressure on him to follow up today, whereas the likes of Day, Rory, etc the focus is now after lifting from them slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Severe weather warning issued for Augusta from 4 pm their time onwards!

lovely !! 9pm our time !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Els has started very very well, killing his tee shots and short game after 3 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeh think this myself, I think if he has a few bad holes today he'll find it hard to forget about it. I've him backed, but can't see him playing as good as today when the pressure is on.

Interesting to see How Bubba/Rory do today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

The shot tracker on the masters site is pretty cool.

Els pulled second shot long on the 4th, short sided, didn't get up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

People think Day is going to do it? Good first day and the fact there's more pressure on Speith good see him have a great day today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The shot tracker on the masters site is pretty cool.

Els pulled second shot long on the 4th, short sided, didn't get up and down.

Following the tracker here on the laptop. Anywhere to say the golfers score? Cant seem to see it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Els bogey'd 5, back to level for the day, 5 under in total. I know its obviously very early days but there is not a lot of red on the board today, only 3 players, Grace, Oosthuizen and our own Shane Lowry who appears to be going along very nicely.

Following the tracker here on the laptop. Anywhere to say the golfers score? Cant seem to see it anywhere.

Here's the leaderboard

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/index.html

Click on the name for individual scorecard, Spieth made par on the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Spieth just birdied the second hole. I'm hoping he can notch up a few early and then let this weather wipe everyone out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Another mistake for els, Jinxed the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Spieth just birdied the second hole. I'm hoping he can notch up a few early and then let this weather wipe everyone out :P

Yeah, I hope this tournament is over as a spectacle by sundown. Would really free up my weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I don't know, stranger things have happened.

• Advertisement

If you know how to set up a US proxy on your computer you can watch amen corner on CBS

Advertisement