Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Not over yet!

It is yeh. Sure, there are permutation and combinations that could theoretically have someone else win, but they are in the dismissable category. They already have his blazer ironed and ready.

Only entertainment for those stickng with it will be in 'by how many' contest, how well does Tiger do and might we only have to wait until the US Open rather than the USPGA for major number 15, and how low (on the leaderboard, not the scorecard (he wouldnt need that precision explained to him)) can Sergio go. Tiger doing well-ish will keep the US TV viewing numbers from plummeting.

Nice to look forward at the age of 21 to being able to play Augusta National for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It is yeh. Sure, there are permutation and combinations that could theoretically have someone else win, but they are in the dismissable category. They already have his blazer ironed and ready.

Only entertainment for those stickng with it will be in 'by how many' contest, how well does Tiger do and might we only have to wait until the US Open rather than the USPGA for major number 15, and how low (on the leaderboard, not the scorecard (he wouldnt need that precision explained to him)) can Sergio go. Tiger doing well-ish will keep the US TV viewing numbers from plummeting.

Nice to look forward at the age of 21 to being able to play Augusta National for the rest of your life.

I Disagree. All it takes is for Speith to have a bad day tomorrow and everything changes.

If Rory/Bubba hit a -6/-7 today they'll be right up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

People get really over exited on here. Speith is playing very well but no way does he have it won. McIllroy went into the final round a few years ago with a 4 shot lead and it was gone within a hole or two.

The Masters doesn't truly begin until the last day/ last 9 holes and even if Speith is still ahead by 3 or 4 at that point, that's when the pressure will begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Don't know why people think it's over Rory or even Phil is well capable of hitting a 64 to make this interesting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sky88 wrote: »
    Don't know why people think it's over Rory or even Phil is well capable of hitting a 64 to make this interesting

BBC live updates were saying the biggest deficit ever overcome by a masters winner was 8 shots

Pat for Rory on the first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

There is a big difference in playing the masters on Thursday/ Friday and playing saturday/sunday the pins will be harder and the pressure will be greater. By no means is it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What happened to McIlroys second on 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rory bogies the first, could be all over for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

-14 Speith now, incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

syngindub wrote: »
    hey folks, what time does our coverage start? 8 again?

Day 1 highlights on BBC2 at 7 with live coverage starting on Sky Sports 4 at 8.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

-14 Speith now, incredible

And only four players within ten shots of the lead. Is he on track to get the lowest ever score over 36 holes?

Does the enormous gap make a difference in deciding the cut or is that based on a certain amount of players going through?

Stheno wrote: »
    And only four players within ten shots of the lead. Is he on track to get the lowest ever score over 36 holes?

Does the enormous gap make a difference in deciding the cut or is that based on a certain amount of players going through?

Top 50 and ties plus every one within 10 shots of the lead make the cut.

Stheno wrote: »

It's either 10 behind leader or after top 50. From what I remember. So looking like +2/+3 will be the cut.

I also think I heard if he finishes better than -14 today he'll break the course record over 2 days.Was either over -14 or -15 afink.

Chances of Spieth throwing this one are zip. He is not Rory. Rory's best is better than Spieth's best at the moment, but Rory has a chink and can crumble - probably the crumbliest/best golfer (Norman excluded of course) we have seen. Spieth is steadier.
    I am sure he wont be like Palmer in 61 accepting congratulations for the victory before he is finished, but he knows, we know, he's the champion of this year's Augusta National Invitational. Done and dusted for him here.

Chances of Spieth throwing this one are zip. He is not Rory. Rory's best is better than Spieth's best at the moment, but Rory has a chink and can crumble - probably the crumbliest/best golfer (Norman excluded of course) we have seen. Spieth is steadier.
    I am sure he wont be like Palmer in 61 accepting congratulations for the victory before he is finished, but he knows, we know, he's the champion of this year's Augusta National Invitational. Done and dusted for him here.

A few months ago Spieth threw away a singles match in the Ryder cup. He has only two wins on the PGA tour. He is only 5 clear

It's either 10 behind leader or after top 50. From what I remember. So looking like +2/+3 will be the cut.

I also think I heard if he finishes better than -14 today he'll break the course record over 2 days.Was either over -14 or -15 afink.

Yeah I was reading earlier that 130 is the record

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sky's innovative interactive graphics most impressive...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Commentators on the red button said that Tom Watson may play the Masters for another 3 or 4 years. I was under the impression that while past champions had a lifetime exemption, this was changed in recent years and they weren't going to play after 64/65 years old? Anyone have any idea?

A few months ago Spieth threw away a singles match in the Ryder cup. He has only two wins on the PGA tour. He is only 5 clear

Ryder Cup golf is a bit like crazy golf. Doesnt really count n the measure of a golfer's achievement (sure, ask Monty, but then ask youself how many majors has Monty).

Degag wrote: »
    Commentators on the red button said that Tom Watson may play the Masters for another 3 or 4 years. I was under the impression that while past champions had a lifetime exemption, this was changed in recent years and they weren't going to play after 64/65 years old? Anyone have any idea?

I'm pretty sure a tradition at Augusta is a tradition forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

show us some live golf!! its the masters ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Degag wrote: »
    I was under the impression that while past champions had a lifetime exemption, this was changed in recent years and they weren't going to play after 64/65 years old? Anyone have any idea?

At the Open they cannot play past 60, dunno about the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just in from golf. Most impressive stuff from Speith again. Not putting a foot wrong at all. Hard to see past him the way he is going but it is golf after all and a lot can happen in 36 holes.

Nice solid round from Lowry too. Should make the cut which will do him the world of good.

Has spieth gone to 15 under on the eighteenth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Are they going to show us any of the actual golf or do we have to watch these commentators talk rubbish all night long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

8pm is the magic number :) nothing we can do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

syngindub wrote: »
    8pm is the magic number :) nothing we can do about it

The leader finished his 2nd round before the live coverage starts madness.

Can people please stop complaining about the lack of live coverage. That is the way it is, has been and always will be at Augusta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

do the US networks have exclusive coverage up to 8pm then ?

• Advertisement

Amazed everybody is ignoring Hoffman.

Advertisement