Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

HighLine wrote: »
    Speaking of sub-air... anyone get the feeling Tiger was always trying to sway the committee in his post round interview to get them to turn the systems on and dry out these greens?

Yhh I thought that too and wouldn't be surprised he would try anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

its all going along nicely and then you hear hat plonkers voice, oh Monty go away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Mcilroy looks to have thrown in the towel. Slumped shoulders dragging his feet walking already.

DJ looking like he could mount a challenge.

Anyone else find it hard to like dj now that he has came back from his mystery sabbatical from golf with no proper official explanation why he was gone in first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

dball wrote: »
    its all going along nicely and then you hear hat plonkers voice, oh Monty go away

I like Monty, there I said it, I feel better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to like dj now that he has came back from his mystery sabbatical from golf with no proper official explanation why he was gone in first place.

He is probably my favorite golfer at the moment, love watching him play. He double bogeys the first then goes on the eagle 2 of the front 9 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Watson finishing up.. what a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Not annoying me like he usually does. Has he had some coaching I wonder?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

jayo26 wrote: »

Nope

redzerdrog wrote: »
    He is probably my favorite golfer at the moment, love watching him play. He double bogeys the first then goes on the eagle 2 of the front 9 :pac:

I agree he is a great golfer and I've no problems that way but the whole six months absence has darkened him a bit for me, I always liked him but I just find it hard to like him now because no1 knows if he had cheat in some way or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

ForeRight wrote: »
    Mcilroy looks to have thrown in the towel. Slumped shoulders dragging his feet walking already.

Think he's a realist, just not happening for him this week. I think he would have been better off if he'd played in Texas last week.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Nope

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »

He is not at that crap again is he ?

Yhh he ain't looking all that bothered at moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Looks as if hes trying to force it, and you cant do that around Augusta. He'll miss the cut if he doesnt get his act together soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Speaking of sub-air... anyone get the feeling Tiger was always trying to sway the committee in his post round interview to get them to turn the systems on and dry out these greens?

Definitely sounded like he was trying to bring whatever influence he might perceive he has to get the committee to utilize that sub air system to dry out the greens and speed then up significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know it is masters and all that.

But the invites and some of the scores are a joke.

Weakens field.

Schwartzel playing some nice stuff. 3 under through 8. Could be a factor over the weekend

vienne86 wrote: »
    Not annoying me like he usually does. Has he had some coaching I wonder?

Always preferred him to Butch Harman. Really annoys me when he looks directly at the camera while in shot in the studio. Don't know why, I just find it odd.

Always preferred him to Butch Harman. Really annoys me when he looks directly at the camera while in shot in the studio. Don't know why, I just find it odd.

Yhh same as that I hate that, its so American lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

i like him too but he adds nothing to the commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Absolutely love Butch!

Delighted Bubba hit that into the trees. Annoys me for some reason to see him cut that corner.

McIlroy's shoulders are definitely dropping. I think the media created pressure hasn't helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I can never understand how Rory doesn't rip this course apart. He was brilliant for 3 days the year he had the Sunday nightmare but has never really reproduced that form since. It's odd.

dball wrote: »
    i like him too but he adds nothing to the commentary

Yea I think he's better as an analyst in the studio

McIlroy's shoulders are definitely dropping. I think the pressure he did nothing to discourage pre-tournament hasn't helped.

FYP

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I don't mind Monty but found the following tweet funny...
    https://twitter.com/TweeterAlliss/status/586620429118349314

Peist2007 wrote: »
    FYP

:p

Ha, well if I was him and world No. 1 I'd be confident too. But I just felt this one was too early in the season for him to win. For me he takes a while in the year to really get going, and I just don't think he's anywhere near his best at the min.

• Advertisement

I don't mind Monty but found the following tweet funny...
    https://twitter.com/TweeterAlliss/status/586620429118349314

Ha!! Number 6 would be brutal alright :pac:

Advertisement