Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

seligehgit wrote: »
    Absolutely love Butch!

The only commentator on Sky that I like listening to is Butch Harmon, he's really good. The thoughts of watching the Open on Sky in a couple of years fills me with sadness!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Ha, well if I was him and world No. 1 I'd be confident too. But I just felt this one was too early in the season for him to win. For me he takes a while in the year to really get going, and I just don't think he's anywhere near his best at the min.

It seems like he hasnt played enough. But bringing popstars to the par 3 and allowing himself to be interviewed constantly (or so it seemed to me) in the buildup felt like overkill. He needed a quieter prep with more tournament play. Put it this way, he might have the measure of Speith by now if he had played more this year and come up against him on a final day etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

seligehgit wrote: »
    Absolutely love Butch!

Yea he's fine in the commentary box. Just don't like him staring me down while I watch tv :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to like dj now that he has came back from his mystery sabbatical from golf with no proper official explanation why he was gone in first place.
    I agree he is a great golfer and I've no problems that way but the whole six months absence has darkened him a bit for me, I always liked him but I just find it hard to like him now because no1 knows if he had cheat in some way or not.

It is about as mysterious as farting in a room with no-one else there.

I have yet to meet anyone that thinks he was talking performance enhancers. Quite the opposite. He was well know for liking to party.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    It seems like he hasnt played enough. But bringing popstars to the par 3 and allowing himself to be interviewed constantly (or so it seemed to me) in the buildup felt like overkill. He needed a quieter prep with more tournament play. Put it this way, he might have the measure of Speith by now if he had played more this year and come up against him on a final day etc.

I think that this is why this is the major to so far elude him. Too early in the calendar imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Disaster for mcilroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Darren clarke is staying around for the weekend, fantastic effort.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

PARlance wrote: »

I have yet to meet anyone that thinks he was talking performance enhancers. Quite the opposite. He was well know for liking to party.

One of the commentators made a comment earlier about a change in lifestyle suiting him so that could be true.

Well played Clarky. Nice to see some good form from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Projected cut up to +1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What is going on with rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

PARlance wrote: »

Yhh fair enough and if it was that well no big deal sports wise, I just feel that if someone is banned it showed be made known,

Where did you see that? The app has it at +2. Wow Rory!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks completely lost and disillusioned with his game and where the scoring is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well Rory might not manage that.

Yhh fair enough and if it was that well no big deal sports wise, I just feel that if someone is banned it showed be made known,

Cocaine. Has lots of money and likes a good time. No big deal in my opinion. But in the conservative world of US sport celebrity, one must repent for dastardly things like enjoying a buzz.

McIlroy is in meltdown mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Go home rory! You're done!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

sky88 wrote: »

Only the 17 shots behind Spieth now, but there's still time....

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Where did you see that? The app has it at +2. Wow Rory!!!

It's back at +2 now after Rory's double. Was at +1 for a few minutes before that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

Mcilroy is having a disaster and even Darrren Clarke is doing better than him. It just shows this lad really isnt as good as people make him out to be.

Its all a big money push by Nike and other sponsors. Yes he has won majors but he won't even be one of the greats.

Snowchaser wrote: »
    Mcilroy is having a disaster and even Darrren Clarke is doing better than him. It just shows this lad really isnt as good as people make him out to be.

Its all a big money push by Nike and other sponsors. Yes he has won majors but he won't even be one of the greats.

Not going to be as good as Tiger but clearly going to be a great of the game. 4 majors at 25? He's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Anyone reckon Rory actually prefers to miss the cut since he knew he wasn't gonna win?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭abff

Wow! That's a hell of an extrapolation from one bad round (or half a round).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You serious? 4 majors by age of 25 and numerous other achievements and you reckon he ain't that good? Everyone makes mistakes for admits when he makes mistakes most of the time no1 is perfect but he will be up there in another 10 year if he keeps going like he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's known what went on, just no-one can say. That is the way of the PGA.
    It wasn't his first forced absence either, he had a 3 month holiday before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

abff wrote: »
    Wow! That's a hell of an extrapolation from one bad round (or half a round).

No its from his repeated bad showings as the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Yeah, those 4 majors were pure jammy. Complete waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Cocaine. Has lots of money and likes a good time. No big deal in my opinion. But in the conservative world of US sport celebrity, one must repent for dastardly things like enjoying a buzz.

You mean raisins?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

sky88 wrote: »

He can play great golf. But he's a crumbler. Mentally brittle when his A game isnt on tap.

Advertisement