Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

PARlance wrote: »
    It's known what went on, just no-one can say. That is the way of the PGA.
    It wasn't his first forced absence either, he had a 3 month holiday before.

Wasn't aware of that ok I like him again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Rory must be the worst world number 1 to ever have won 4 majors....

#snowchaser4mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Snowchaser wrote: »
    Mcilroy is having a disaster and even Darrren Clarke is doing better than him. It just shows this lad really isnt as good as people make him out to be.

Its all a big money push by Nike and other sponsors. Yes he has won majors but he won't even be one of the greats.

That's snowy. I haven't had a good laugh like that since reading some other shouts in this thread last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

If rory makes that birdie putt, I'd fancy him to shoot 4 or 5 under on the back 9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Does Crenshaw get put to stud or do they just bring him out the back and shoot him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭abff

No its from his repeated bad showings as the Masters.

So basically, someone can not be considered a great if he doesn't win the Masters? And today's performance proves that Rory will never win one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Few birdie holes on the back 9, so wouldn't count Rory out on making the weekend just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

abff wrote: »
    So basically, someone can not be considered a great if he doesn't win the Masters? And today's performance proves that Rory will never win one?

Sure I've won the same number of masters as Rory has. What a waster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wasn't aware of that ok I like him again :)

But he now has an 'improved life-style'.
    PARlance wrote: »
    It's known what went on, just no-one can say. That is the way of the PGA.
    It wasn't his first forced absence either, he had a 3 month holiday before.
    Well, the PGA wont say, but they dont govern us all.
    There was a lot of talk of cocaine. DJ denies that was is 'issue' and says he has an alcohol problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well Rory starts the back nine with a birdie. I can't see him screwing up and missing the cut....to smart a player.

Spieth's performance is actually making it a very boring tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Mcilroy is having a disaster and even Darrren Clarke is doing better than him. It just shows this lad really isnt as good as people make him out to be.

Its all a big money push by Nike and other sponsors. Yes he has won majors but he won't even be one of the greats.

Irish begrudgery at its very finest!

But he now has an 'improved life-style'.

Well, the PGA wont say, but they dont govern us all.
    There was a lot of talk of cocaine. DJ denies that was is 'issue' and says he has an alcohol problem.

He was in great form before his holiday too I think wasn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Does Crenshaw get put to stud or do they just bring him out the back and shoot him?

He looks alot older than 63

Watson looks younger and he is 71.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Rory had no choice but to go for it with a big push of wild shots with the lead Spieth has. He has the luxury of not being to concerned about making cut money and going for those shots on the second. It was all or nothing...and it's nothing.

One thing that bugs me about the Masters are those serious old timers playing á la Crenshaw (with the odd exception) playing absolute garbage rounds and getting these massive rounds of applaud for finishing +30...much rather seeing a young wild card amateur make the cut and perform well than those spent auld farts.

I say go with the Augusta Stud Farm. Lots of life in those wrinkly balls yet

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well Rory starts the back nine with a birdie. I can't see him screwing up and missing the cut....to smart a player.

Spieth's performance is actually making it a very boring tournament.

Speith will come back to the field tomorrow or Sunday. Plenty of drama to come yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tom is only 65

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

I feel cheated. The best golf with Spieth and Woods we couldn't see live because of some crazy tradition. Now I'm watching gentle Ben pop 200 yard drives on +30. I'm watching the first major of the year and I feel I've missed all the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tom Watson is 65. He shot a round of 71 yesterday.

• Advertisement

Speith will come back to the field tomorrow or Sunday. Plenty of drama to come yet.

No. Effectively he has an 8 shot lead, The Hoff not really being major material. More likely JaySpe will win by 10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

lostatsea wrote: »
    I feel cheated. The best golf with Spieth and Woods we couldn't see live because of some crazy tradition. Now I'm watching gentle Ben pop 200 yard drives on +30. I'm watching the first major of the year and I feel I've missed all the action.

Well better get used to it because its the same every year.

But the flowers are nice.

Tom is only 65

My bad I thought one of commentators said he was 71.

Yep. Tune in on June 25th for Chambers Bay.

I don't think he will. He's fourth in the world rankings. I think he's the real deal and he's been in great form.

Its not a tradition its same with all pga tv coverage apart from one or two tournaments it will be better tomorrow and sunday

Paul Casey going along nicely. -6 now.

Great shot Johnson I forgive ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Get the **** in there dustin :) 7 under for par 5's today!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Its not a tradition its same with all pga tv coverage apart from one or two tournaments it will be better tomorrow and sunday

It is a tradition. The organisers want to maintain some kind of mystique by limiting the coverage. In all other majors we are able to view the entire action.

Advertisement