Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

There's a lot of talk about that back 9 today, but the first few holes are key IMO. If Spieth comes out and plonks a few birdies on the board, that would psychologically impact the rest of the field (negatively) and you could see frustration setting in among the chasers. In contrast, if he cards a few bogeys and the gap narrows, then the chasing pack will start to smell blood

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Bobby Jones

Psychology is everything...Speith hasn't been there and done it.

I think he'll collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I think he'll collapse.

It will be interesting to watch. Justin Rose isn't out of it and if he can hole the putts he should, he has a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

I think he'll collapse.

He went into final Round last year as tied leader, i think he will have learned from It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Brendygg wrote: »
    He went into final Round last year as tied leader, i think he will have learned from It.

Yep and he shot level par which wasn't actually that bad when you look at the scores around him.

Sunday pins and level par will probably be enough. But I suspect he will probably shoot another couple under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

By the way it is not natural for a guy that young to not have a bad day . But he has been building to this.
    A bit different . Almost Rory like.

Anyway we will see what happens.

Jordan has a great future anyway.

I think Phil deserves as many majors as possible in his career. So hoping Phil can do it.

But what Phil will turn up.

Not a fan of Rose. Can't put my finger on it.

Looking forward to it. Watching on BBC overlooking sea. With Gin and tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Will we see full coverage today? I presume so anyway??

BBC1/2 from about 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I think he'll collapse.

I don't think he will - that up and down on 18 last night took nerves of steel, as did coming back after the double. He seems unflappable.

Anyway, not long to wait now.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    BBC1/2 from about 8pm.

Leaders out 19.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

vienne86 wrote: »
    I don't think he will - that up and down on 18 last night took nerves of steel, as did coming back after the double. He seems unflappable.

Anyway, not long to wait now.

I hope he doesn't; because I backed him, but if the groups out before him start to make inroads on his lead, he may succumb to the pressure. His putting was not as good yesterday (1.67 per hole against the 1.39 he had on the first two days) and it's possible that the pressure from Mickelson and Rose as well as his apparent conservative play cost him a better finish yesterday.

We've seen a four shot lead go before...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

hoping it's not a procession tonight.
    been one way traffic from the word go. I'd happily give justin the green jacket, been a very consistant performer over the years. as has been said a few times, all it takes is a birdie / bogey hole and the fun begins :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CCY1v-mXIAIudBb.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

rrpc wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't; because I backed him, but if the groups out before him start to make inroads on his lead, he may succumb to the pressure. His putting was not as good yesterday (1.67 per hole against the 1.39 he had on the first two days) and it's possible that the pressure from Mickelson and Rose as well as his apparent conservative play cost him a better finish yesterday.

We've seen a four shot lead go before...

The group will make up ground purely due to the course design e.g. Spieth will be going through Amen Corner when his rivals will be picking up shots on 13/15.
    This is what makes The Masters on a Sunday evening and what they mean when they talk about the back 9, you can get a 3/4 shot swing between two guys, the leader dropping shots on 11/12/13 and the rival ahead of him time wise on 13/15/16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

slave1 wrote: »
    The group will make up ground purely due to the course design e.g. Spieth will be going through Amen Corner when his rivals will be picking up shots on 13/15.
    This is what makes The Masters on a Sunday evening and what they mean when they talk about the back 9, you can get a 3/4 shot swing between two guys, the leader dropping shots on 11/12/13 and the rival ahead of him time wise on 13/15/16

Exactly. Even on the front nine, you could have guys three under after two and the leader hasn't started yet. Very difficult to withstand the pressure of trying to keep ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Don't ask me why, but I get the feeling rose will struggle to get it going tomorrow even though he has been playing some nice stuff. Just think he's used up his quota of holed putts already.

That really leaves just Phil to catch Spieth, and with 5 shots in it, he'll have to shoot 66 or better I feel. Not out of the question, and although Spieth has messed up a few leads previously, I can's see him shooting over par today with the way he's been playing.

Hopefully it's not a procession as last year's finale was a bit of an anticlimax when bubba pulled away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cant wait for tonight we are going to see either a young man giving the seasons pros a lesson in golf or we are going to see a dog fight to the end and someone scrape the win, I don't think speith will just play a steady round of golf and hit low 70s he seems to be aggressive so it will either be low scoring ir he will make a mistake and put himself under pressure and fall apart in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Folks what will the Setanta coverage be like this eve? It will be showing the final groups i presume?

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Folks what will the Setanta coverage be like this eve? It will be showing the final groups i presume?

They just take the feed from CBS and yes, it is safe to assume they will be showing the final groups - including as much of Tiger as they manage, whether in contention or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    BBC1/2 from about 8pm.

bbc start there live coverage at 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

First Up wrote: »
    They just take the feed from CBS and yes, it is safe to assume they will be showing the final groups - including as much of Tiger as they manage, whether in contention or not.

Well theres no excuse for not showing all of Tigers shots. Whether in contention or not, he's the main man. Disgrace that we werent shown his second on 13 yesterday. And they cut away from him just as he was about to hit a shot on the range after his round just to show Spieth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Disgrace that we werent shown his second on 13 yesterday.

It was shown alright. I could understand the directors showing just one shot of Tiger going to the range as in the highlight his desire to get better and content but continually showing him chatting to Como was fairly ridiculous alright.

..Disgrace that we werent shown his second on 13 yesterday..

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Disgrace that we werent shown his second on 13 yesterday
    slave1 wrote: »
    +1

It was shown on Sky Sports alright, don't remember the iron but they said he moved it 100 yards in the air from right to left along the contour of the hole from the position he had duffed his drive and lucky to be still in play from. They showed it on the protracer afterwards even, a low trajectory hook, seriously impressive.

It was confusing however as I was also watching it on BBC at the same time and when putting out the commentators there were convinced he was putting for par as it looked/sounded liked they had no view of his 2nd and maybe even 3rd shot. They were speculating he had hacked out of the bush and thereafter gotten down to his pitch shot location.

Well theres no excuse for not showing all of Tigers shots. Whether in contention or not, he's the main man. Disgrace that we werent shown his second on 13 yesterday. And they cut away from him just as he was about to hit a shot on the range after his round just to show Spieth.

He might be the object of your adoration but I am more interested in seeing the ebb and flow of a golf tournament, no matter who is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Does anyone know what time sky will start showing the actual golf? I know the coverage starts at 6

A 14 year old Spieth talking about winning the Masters

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time sky will start showing the actual golf? I know the coverage starts at 6

Pretty sure it is 7pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Bobby Jones

The fact that SaveOurLyric's tongue was in his cheek seems to have been lost on some people.

Sky did show it, and "shot tracked" it which was quite incredible to see.

Philly Mick to win his fourth green jacket.

The fact that SaveOurLyric's tongue was in his cheek seems to have been lost on some people.

Sky did show it, and "shot tracked" it which was quite incredible to see.

Philly Mick to win his fourth green jacket.

I actually think you might be the one who is lost. BBC did not show the shot however the infallible BBC should have shown the shot.

• Advertisement

Ah feck, watched it on BBC so missed it...

Advertisement