Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Spieth has just broken the record for the most birdies in a masters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Brilliant golf from Spieth. Haven't been so impressed with a golfer in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

He wont. They never do. Tiger got closest. Jack only slightly behind. The rest of the greats didnt even get near. If I wheels I'd be a wheelbarrow.

If you sentence that'd be English.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That could be the nail in the coffin. His putting has been outrageously good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

He has looked incredibly comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

new record number of birdies in a week 26

Hard to see him lose it now

Anyone still think he can choke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Its pretty unexciting - I mightn't bother to watch the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Hole looks like a bucket to Spieth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seve OB wrote: »
    Tis a bit of a non event really isn't it, quite uninspiring today

No, its a brilliant event with one player giving a very impressive performance. Yes, it could more nail-biting in terms of the result but it isn't Spieth's fault that you are cheering for someone else. This is a display for the history books and pity on those who don't appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unbelievable golf all weekend from Speith. I'm going to call it a night, but he was a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe on his celebratory meal.

Boom boom

Lads is that an in-joke or something.

Puts away a drive to the right on the 11th to make it interesting again ...maybe he is taking the piss ...

Great to see what looks like another great talent coming through to rival the likes of McIlroy, Fowler etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

If a 21 year old breaking several Masters records doesn't excite you maybe you need an early night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Yeah it's terrible... who would want to watch a master class of golf from a 21 year old who is showing the world how it should be done.

Sure we will see ya back here this time next year when you watch your next golf tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,887 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

He seems to have this bad shot he reaches on.

But most places around here you knock out and get a par or bogey.

If your putting well you still have a par on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭abff

I can't help but wonder for how long will Rory be the golden boy of golf if Spieth can produce this, or anything remotely resembling this, four times a year.

Could be a new Arnie/Jack rivalry. I'd say the networks would just love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,887 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I still think 15 a good post . If Phil could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

What is it with big big margin victories in the last few years ?
    It feels like what never happened is now becoming almost common. When it could be argued that the average level of golfers competing is higher and more even. What's up ?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »

true and great to see how he attacks this problem on 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

abff wrote: »

That would be immense, Ronaldo and Messi are getting old, we need something new!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If I was that fella in the hat holding onto the tree behind Speith - well, I wouldn't be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

serious shot by speith. balls of steel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Bobby Jones

Great to see what looks like another great talent coming through to rival the likes of McIlroy, Fowler etc.

It's gas how Fowler gets mentioned in the same breath as McIlroy...one win...ever!

I like how Rory has kept his temperament and is still playing for top 5, maybe even top 3.

He seems to have this bad shot he reaches on.

But most places around here you knock out and get a par or bogey.

If your putting well you still have a par on.

Good point but with the pressure on tonight , final round of the Masters and a leading , all sorts come into the head and bad things can happen. It's understandable if it unravels

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Eagle birdie eagle coming up from Rory to make it interesting!!!

Beautiful pitch by Speith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

And you can hear the crowds roar... that will be for Tiger's eagle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First Up wrote: »
    No, its a brilliant event with one player giving a very impressive performance. Yes, it could more nail-biting in terms of the result but it isn't Spieth's fault that you are cheering for someone else. This is a display for the history books and pity on those who don't appreciate it.

You misunderstood me. I couldn't really care less who wins. Fair play to Speight, it's class the way he has played. I love all the records he is breaking and hope he breaks more. I meant the pack have had chances to close the gap a bit and at least make a bit of a contest of it. Rose has been disappointing today, I really believe Phil would have done better in the final group but he should be doing better than -1

Advertisement