Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

wow, just wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'll say again..... It's nothing to do with Speith.

It's the rest of them, they have all been lacklustre today and nobody has really played exciting golf. Sure there have been great shots, but nobody has taken it by the scruff of the neck and made an impression.

Steady and solid rounds is as good as we are seeing

Chasing Spieth down was never a runner. He was just too far ahead and wasnt going to crack. You were expecting too much,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Sergio

Gob****e

Was he on interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Been playing & watching golf for 30+ years so I know what kind of player I find exciting.......Nicklaus, Seve, Arnie, Cabrera, Norman, Player, Woods, McIlroy. God forbid even Bubba had a litttle more pizzazz than Spieth.

and with tennis - mainly machines rather than having any clear character. My own favourite golfists are guys like Miguel Angel Jimenez and Lee Trevino. You know you'd not be talking shop if they took you out of a slap up meal and drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    if you call steady and solid rounds -17 at augusta.... ok

Ffs, read what I said. I'm not talking about Speith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Sergio

Gob****e

Thats the long and short of the Garcia biography alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Boskowski wrote: »
    Was he on interview?

Yes BBC. crying again.

Course

Par 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Ffs, read what I said. I'm not talking about Speith

Why don't you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Was that "wipe the pencil !" for Tiger on tee ?

I think it was "mashed potato". Yanks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I'll say again..... It's nothing to do with Speith.

It's the rest of them, they have all been lacklustre today and nobody has really played exciting golf. Sure there have been great shots, but nobody has taken it by the scruff of the neck and made an impression.

Steady and solid rounds is as good as we are seeing

er it is to do with Spieth .... he is settings records all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Some beard and afro there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Yes BBC. crying again.

Course

Par 5s

He was hardly crying and whinging. Admitted he played the par 5s ****e once again. That's hardly crying.

But if he doesn't change his mentality and additive soon he won't be winning a major.

After his bad holes. His bounce back was unreal. Fair play

Chasing Spieth down was never a runner. He was just too far ahead and wasnt going to crack. You were expecting too much,

I agree. But I did expect them to try. Their game just ain't there today.

I'm not saying he would have, but if someone had of chased him down a bit, with pressure on you, anything can happen

His shot on 13 there though showed absolute class and balls of steel. If there was a chase on, would he have played a clever lay up..... Who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Maybe if Rory hadn't tried to chase so much on Friday he might have had a better chance of winning today. He overshot a lot of greens on Friday and monty was saying he was forcing it too much much while trying to catch Jordan.

The yanks have needed a new boy .

Let's be honest , Fowler was a marketing game.

Speith real deal.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    er it is to do with Spieth .... he is settings records all over the place

I know he is. I mentioned the records earlier on if you care to take a look and then you will realise if you read my posts I was not talking about him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Maybe if Rory hadn't tried to chase so much on Friday he might have had a better chance of winning today. He overshot a lot of greens on Friday and monty was saying he was forcing it too much much while trying to catch Jordan.

Doubt it. Spieth just has been so good. He's been dominant and has played the best golf.

Yes but no. Front 9 only but that was really cause he got unlucky with some of those shots.

Back 9 he was on fire. -5 was no more than a combined inch away from being -7

• Advertisement

I feel like Fix here, stirring the pot :)

Still there for Rory

Gin and tonic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

McIlroy has missed a serious amount of birdie putts today

McIlroy is going have to do something about his putting if he wants to stay at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Fair play to Spieth. Magical experience. Winning the Masters as first major is class too because its the best major. I see him dominating for a decade.

Imagine what kind of score we would be looking at if Speith had been taking Rorys putts this week

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

what score won it last year ?

Fair play to Spieth. Magical experience. Winning the Masters as first major is class too because its the best major. I see him dominating for a decade.

Amazing how no Irishman has ever won here.
    What does that say about Irish golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Amazing how no Irishman has ever won here.
    What does that say about Irish golf.

Absolutely nothing.

Advertisement