Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i feel a little bit ashamed

Options
  • 18-02-2015 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

I bought Rome II Total War Emperor Edition on sale for 12.99

I actually like it.......

Out of all the negative reviews.... What's wrong with me!!!

So what's your secret gaming shame? What game do you love but its loathed by everyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As a big fan of the Total War series myself I was geared up for Rome 2, until I heard about what a buggy mess it was at launch. About 90% of the issues people have/had with Rome 2 are bug/AI related. Not gameplay related

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Assassin's Creed 1 seems to be universally hated. I love it despite its flaws.

I also love the Harry Potter games on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

From my understanding, it's a very different game experience now than the way it was when it was released?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I actually liked Aliens: Colonial Marines

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

I got a serious slagging from my flatmates in college for playing (and secretly enjoying) viva pinata!

Rome Total War 2 is a much improved game to when it was launched.

• Advertisement

I got a serious slagging from my flatmates in college for playing (and secretly enjoying) viva pinata!

Rome Total War 2 is a much improved game to when it was launched.

Viva Pinata is absolutely brilliant fun. There needs to be more games that are that colourful and cheerful (well, cheerful unless you turn into a pinata slavedriving factory farmer... :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

I have 400 hours down from the various patches from launch to now. Much better experience now in both gameplay and graphical stability. Currently having another play-through and loving it.

Atilla seems to have a better first impression but I will still give it a few months before purchasing ( first Total War game since the series started that I haven't bought day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I bought Rome II Total War Emperor Edition on sale for 12.99

I actually like it.......

Out of all the negative reviews.... What's wrong with me!!!

So what's your secret gaming shame? What game do you love but its loathed by everyone else.

Rome 2 was a shambles on release, they've fixed it up an awful lot since then and it is actually decent now, has been since last year too

I liked that Sheppard's story had a conclusion in ME3, also liked the (
    kill the reapers
    ) ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like Candy Crush

I've never spent a cent on it, though and never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2+ Years playing Clash of Clans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the first two Zelda CDi games are good games while the third which is supposedly good is an absolute travesty.

I enjoy Castelvania Adventure on the Gameboy despite people saying it's the worst Castlevania game. They're totally right about it, it's not a great game but I still enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Mr E wrote: »
    I like Candy Crush

I've never spent a cent on it, though and never will.

Same, however I spent $2.99 on it last year :( - Currently playing soda crush whilst commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I played Farmville 2 for about 2 months. Me. A grown man. I stopped when they had one of these seasonal events that gave me even more **** that i felt like i HAD to do on top of the other **** i was already doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dead island, enjoyed it for awhile before getting bored of doing the same thing over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Shame: I've played Street Fighter for 6-odd years but I'm still only decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Absolutely loved Zoo Tycoon on the Xbox One.

I thought Spore was a great game besides the final open-ended space stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

I loved Dead Island even though many others didn't. The first Assassin's Creed was another great game that most people seem to dislike. I really enjoyed it.

Assassin's Creed 1 was the only AC game I played. I thought it was fantastic :confused: How could a poor game spawn so many sequels

I thought Spore was a great game besides the final open-ended space stage

I loved the Space Stage. :o

It was flawed as hell (having to visit each individual planet to collect Spice was so utterly stupid and impractical when you'd a large empire), but I loved the premise of building a massive empire, wiping out other empires, befriending and buying systems off others so intriguing. I'd take a fully fleshed out Space Stage of Spore game any day tbh. I know there're ones out there, but I want Maxis to make it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I have a lifetime subscription to lord of the rings online and star trek online.
    I don't really play MMOs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I have a lifetime subscription to lord of the rings online and star trek online.
    I don't really play MMOs.

I also have a lifetime sub to STO. Worked out well actually. Got my monies worth of monthly sub before f2p, free goodies and a stripend each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I have no gaming shames. If other people don't enjoy a game that I did, that's their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I didnt hate Daikatana back in the day. Got it for my first "gaming pc" and loved the varied locations. I blame youth and naivete!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

High noon 2 I even stand up to play it as if I'm really in a gunfight ha ha

Advertisement