Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible spam

Options
  • 18-02-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm not a bank of Ireland customer.
    Today I revieved an email to my gmail account stating that to continue to use my boi account to follow a link provided.
    As I'm not a customer I'm assuming this is spam or phishing and I'm just letting you know in case you want to let other customers know.

Also possibly a stupid question but do you think I should deactivate my gmail account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi

I'm not a bank of Ireland customer.
    Today I revieved an email to my gmail account stating that to continue to use my boi account to follow a link provided.
    As  I'm not a customer I'm assuming this is spam or phishing and I'm just letting you know in case you want to let other customers know.

Also possibly a stupid question but  do you think I should deactivate my gmail account?

Thanks
    Hi Lisha,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of this. Yes this would certainly be a spam or phishing email. We will never send emails asking to confirm account details or log in details or asking you to click on a link to confirm details. If you still have this email, or receive any further emails such as this, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for our Security team to review. 

We would also advise you to review your spam filters on your Gmail account to ensure you don't receive any further spam or phishing emails. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks I've forwarded mail to address as above
    Thanks again
    I looked in bin and found loads more. I'm not sure why one got through.
    Thanks again

Advertisement