Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Book

Options
  • 18-02-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am looking to buy someone a present of a particular cooking book but I dont know the name.
    Its a wide collection of the best recipes, I heard it refereed to as the cooking bible (apparently really expensive).

Any idea what it is called?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Could be the Larousse gastronomique..no self respecting chef goes without it in the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Could be the Larousse gastronomique..no self respecting chef goes without it in the collection.

I have that book and in fairness it's not that mind blowing. They sometimes have it in TK-MAX (that's where I got mine). I have 2 of these books on Mexican and Thai food I find them very interesting and definately will be trying some of the recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbyj946

GHOST MGG wrote: »

I have feeling that's the book, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

It could also be another one that i own called Modernist Cuisine..but its a set of books and is a real collectors piece..found a link for it on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modernist-Cuisine-Science-Cooking-Volume/dp/0982761007

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved to Cooking & Recipes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Larousse covers french cuisine. Try the Silver Spoon for italian

Advertisement