Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying iphone from apple + colour chouce

• 18-02-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, 2 quick questions for you. i'm upgrading from a space grey 4s in the coming few days and have a couple of questions- more for opinions than anything else!

1) I'm going to buy unlocked from Apple, probably going for the 64g but might see if I can scrape the extra money for 128g. In your experience, how long does dispatch & shipping take? I only work part-time and can't be guaranteed I'll be at home on my off days, so I want to try and get it so it delivers while I'm in the office.

2) Both my phone and ipad are space grey, both have cases on them. I'm liking the look of the gold iphone but am curious how people find the white face? Do you find it distracting? There's an argument for getting the phone to "match" my ipad, but I'll be using the phone more on an hour to hour basis probably, and am just wondering how playing a game or watching a movie is with the white surround...

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2) Both my phone and ipad are space grey, both have cases on them. I'm liking the look of the gold iphone but am curious how people find the white face? Do you find it distracting? There's an argument for getting the phone to "match" my ipad, but I'll be using the phone more on an hour to hour basis probably, and am just wondering how playing a game or watching a movie is with the white surround...

Can't answer your first question because I got mine at launch - but on the second one, I decided to go for the gold version. Previously I had the 2G, 3Gs and 4. 3Gs and 4 were black. I thought I'd notice a huge difference, but really I haven't noticed at all. It's certainly not distracting. In fact the only reason I'm noticing it now is because of this post! :pac:

Honestly, the screen is so big that when you're watching something or playing a game, you won't be looking at the surround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Your phone is black so don't order the same thinking it will be the same colour. I had a black 3GS, 4 and 5 but have a gold 5s now and the White doesn't bother me one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cheers guys. It was more the front facing being black was what I was thinking would be good to keep the same. But interesting to see people say the white isn't much of an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I prefer the White on the 5s I have the gold. My first iPhone was a 4s also white too I then got a 5c which all of them have black around the front of the screen didn't bother me the difference in colour the White actually looks better for me . But maybe that's just me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

I've never bought a Phone direct from Apple but I have bought iPods and Macbooks. They generally turn things around in a few days and have a very good tracking system. The last item I bought was an ipod early last year and it took three days from being ordered to receiving it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement