Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to restore accidentally deleted text files

Options
  • 18-02-2015 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I accidentally deleted some text files written in notepad with .txt extension on a win7. How can i get them back. Not in recycle bin. i did not save anything over them

What happened was i moved them to another folder and deleted the original but they went from the new folder too and did not go to recycle bin

Win undelete and mini tool data recovery did not work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try Properties on the folder they were in, choose Previous versions, Shadow Copy may be your friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 GerJaxon

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Try Properties on the folder they were in, choose Previous versions, Shadow Copy may be your friend!
    no previous version available. they were in my documents and there is no previous version tab on that and no previous version available in the folder i moved them to

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

You could try a free file recovery program like Recuva or Undelete plus.

If they don't work it may be possible to get them back by removing the hard drive from the machine, and using a Hard drive reader and data recovery software to recover them, this may be expensive so may not be worth it unless the files are very important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 GerJaxon

You could try a free file recovery program like Recuva or Undelete plus.

If they don't work it may be possible to get them back by removing the hard drive from the machine, and using a Hard drive reader and data recovery software to recover them, this may be expensive so may not be worth it unless the files are very important.
    undelete plus worked. i found an old version portable free. Files back. Thanks guys
    EDIT: Some sources says undelete plus is adware. i did not have any difficulty with it, it was a portable one I had

Advertisement