Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Stupid lemming sheep bandwagon jumping Irish, why couldn't you have the good grace & let me pick my exact seat before you all piled in.
    I missed out for trying to be greedy with my preferred seating, I'll have to keep an eye out for returns & the like.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Stupid lemming sheep bandwagon jumping Irish, why couldn't you have the good grace & let me pick my exact seat before you all piled in.
    I missed out for trying to be greedy with my preferred seating, I'll have to keep an eye out for returns & the like.

Tickets aren't refundable. Best hope is once they've sorted out the staging they tend to release some production seats and/or restricted view seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Meathlass wrote: »
    Well that'll be 15 rows back then. It's pretty steep up there.

As a life long GAA fan I never take the upper stand; you might as well be on Mars watching the game! For a concert though it should be ok - just don't stand up too quickly :pac:

ah I normally go Hill for any match in Croke, so at least I'll have comfort.. should be grand! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Good news- I got 2 tickets for Sat gig :)

Bad news- Missus told me its overlapped with our her holiday plans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The upper stand is fine. I like it as you see the flow of the game. Perfect for rugby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

daheff wrote: »
    Good news- I got 2 tickets for Sat gig :)

Bad news- Missus told me its overlapped with our her holiday plans :(

The definition of bitter sweet. Or just bitter. If you're interested in selling please let me know. Had a rough morning ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

and now this sh1te begins:

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-26%20at%2010.56.31.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

swingking wrote: »

And then theres no license awarded and we're back in Garth Brooks territory all over again :eek:

**note there has been no license issued or refused at this stage -sure how could you refuse Ed a license...hes almost irish :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So.... With this, Wembley, the us tour, an Australian tour, the album and the awards.

Is Ed sheeran the biggest artist in the world right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

swingking wrote: »

****!! And some people will pay that price unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Is it true that 60000 tickets were sold in the pre-sale? :eek:

A lot of rage stories on my Facebook timeline. Some people only have themselves to blame. Quote: ''was online at 9 o clock and despite constantly refreshing wasn't able to get on. F*ck you Ticketmaster'' Hmmm........

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Whats the chances of a third gig? clearly they would not have a problem selling the tickets, From the whole Garth thing 3 was the max allowed as i recall!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Whats the chances of a third gig? clearly they would not have a problem selling the tickets, From the whole Garth thing 3 was the max allowed as i recall!

Little to no chance of a third gig. I do expect tickets to be freely available much closer to the time. I cannot imagine people will be stuck when the time comes around. Just bide your time and start checking TM about a month before the gig. Tickets will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The Script already have a gig in June so that and the two ES gigs make up the maximum 3 per year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Script already have a gig in June so that and the two ES gigs make up the maximum 3 per year

There's no issue legally with more than 3 gigs (6 were granted last year) and ticketmaster/aiken will know the exact demand, so the questions not can there be a 3rd ed gig, it's will aiken risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Spin have said they can confirm there wont be a 3rd gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

managed to get the 3 tickets I wanted relatively easily, hogan stand lower, seem good, My daughter will be made up, her first big arena concert and she loves him.

Some singles have appeared for the Davin Lower on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

thelad95 wrote: »
    Is it true that 60000 tickets were sold in the pre-sale? :eek:

A lot of rage stories on my Facebook timeline. Some people only have themselves to blame. Quote: ''was online at 9 o clock and despite constantly refreshing wasn't able to get on. F*ck you Ticketmaster'' Hmmm........

No way 60k were gone..

The constantly refreshing thing.. That may be why they didn't get in.. It does warn you not to refresh like..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Apparently it was very easy to get a presale code for Ticketmaster. You just had to sign up to Eds newsletter to get the link.

I presumed there was no presale for Croke Park gigs so ended up with no tickets this morning :(

Tickets to Ed Sheeran’s July 24 gig are expected to sell out within minutes when they go on sale tomorrow morning at 9am, but we have found at least two ways that you can buy your tickets today.

Fans who are signed up to the Ed Sheeran newsletter can pre-buy tickets today using a link they received via email.

However we discovered anyone can use the same link to purchase tickets even if they are not subscribed to the newsletter.

Alternatively all other fans can simply go to the Ed Sheeran website and buy tickets

• Advertisement

Loads of Singles still available, I kept refreshing & had one in Davin 318 & another in Davin 317 but the missus didn't want to sit on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Hopefully people don't panic and start buying off touts for this gig.In a few days time Ticketmaster returns will start coming back to them from credit card rejections from people who tried to double book using the same address or just tried to fiddle the system with dodgy cards.
    Production tickets will also go on sale nearer the dates and I'd imagine that you wouldn't have a problem picking up some without being gouged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So many people paying so much money to see this whiny tosser and his guitar. Unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable. I'd rather take a blow torch to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

So many people paying so much money to see this whiny tosser and his guitar. Unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable. I'd rather take a blow torch to my ears.

Not as sad as you who posts a sad comment on a Ed Sheeran thread.
    Nobody gives a FF abut your opinion

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't think he'd sell out 2 dates in Croke Park - as much as I love him, I think one date will be enough, could be wrong though.

It's so hard to tell these things.
    I remember thinking Garth Brooks wouldn't sell out one night and then he did 4 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

Whatever floats your boat. I would rather any show than doing harm to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Missed out on tickets, if anyone has tickets to seel for Saturday would you please let me know?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

again there are seats left but single :( couldn't find 2 seats beside each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Why are you posting here if you dislike him so much? Shave your neckbeard and go for a walk, he's not popular for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not as sad as you who posts a sad comment on a Ed Sheeran thread.
    Nobody gives a FF abut your opinion

So why are you replying to me?

Advertisement