Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Still angry over this morning, I don't know who to blame more, TM or the greedy tout tossers.
    Surely there must be something brought in to stop touts and leave loads of tickets to genuine fans like myself and others who couldn't get them.
    I know it probably impossible to stop them but a solution can be possible for every problem.
    Hope you reading this TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

STIG83 wrote: »
    Still angry over this morning, I don't know who to blame more, TM or the greedy tout tossers.
    Surely there must be something brought in to stop touts and leave loads of tickets to genuine fans like myself and others who couldn't get them.
    I know it probably impossible to stop them but a solution can be possible for every problem.

I don't get these types of comments. You had as much a chance to get a ticket as a tout or somebody else. Just because you didn't you are bitter about others getting some. I'd say the number of tickets bought by touts is a small minority. Majority of tickets went to people who want to go to the gig. Admittedly there would be some who went to people who just want to make a profit.

the only way to really stop it is to have peoples photos on the tickets....and that would make it really difficult to print/produce. And what would you do if you couldn't make it? you wouldn't be able to transfer the tickets then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

there are still tickets left if you are going alone. Jan 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

if anyone has 2 standing tickets for friday please let me know, the amount of touts is a joke!

daheff wrote: »
    I don't get these types of comments. You had as much a chance to get a ticket as a tout or somebody else. Just because you didn't you are bitter about others getting some. I'd say the number of tickets bought by touts is a small minority. Majority of tickets went to people who want to go to the gig. Admittedly there would be some who went to people who just want to make a profit.

the only way to really stop it is to have peoples photos on the tickets....and that would make it really difficult to print/produce. And what would you do if you couldn't make it? you wouldn't be able to transfer the tickets then...

Where in my post does it say I'm bitter about others getting tickets? I am happy for those who got them, hope they have a ball.
    It's touts I have problem with and TM's website .
    Should read my post properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone who sees a tout selling tickets for over face value, on the web or in real life should report them to the guards, ticketmaster and the concert promoter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How are the single tickets appearing thought you couldn't pick seats on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

sasta le wrote: »
    How are the single tickets appearing thought you couldn't pick seats on TM

you couldn't pick seats yes but when people buy 3's, 4's and so on it's bound to have a gap in the middle.

some of them even have rejected credit cards thus freeing new seats..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Where in my post does it say I'm bitter about others getting tickets? I am happy for those who got them, hope they have a ball.
    It's touts I have problem with and TM's website .
    Should read my post properly.

your post said
    STIG83 wrote:

So you are p*ssed/bitter (phrase it whatever way you want)that people other than you are getting tickets -touts are people too

[/conversation] - I'm not bring this thread off topic any further discussing this with you

daheff wrote: »
    your post said

So you are p*ssed/bitter (phrase it whatever way you want)that people other than you are getting tickets -touts are people too

[/conversation] - I'm not bring this thread off topic any further discussing this with you

Touts are people who have no interest in going only out to make money.
    Big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Touts are people who have no interest in going only out to make money.
    Big difference.

You never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Not as sad as you who posts a sad comment on a Ed Sheeran thread.
    Nobody gives a FF abut your opinion

He has a point.

Listening to Ed Sheeran is lazy, broaden your horizons FFS. This guy is creaming over the thought of raking in 2 sold out gigs in Croker with his bland and unoriginal material. Muppets are paying 70 quid, you'd want good support for that price.

There is many quality international artists where I can comfortably book the gig and stand near the front. I mean come on, what's the point paying 70 euro to sit at the stop of the Davin stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So many people paying so much money to see this whiny tosser and his guitar. Unbelievable Jeff, unbelievable. I'd rather take a blow torch to my ears.

Totally agree although people have paid for much much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Irish_rat wrote: »
    He has a point.

Listening to Ed Sheeran is lazy, broaden your horizons FFS. This guy is creaming over the thought of raking in 2 sold out gigs in Croker with his bland and unoriginal material. Muppets are paying 70 quid, you'd want good support for that price.

There is many quality international artists where I can comfortably book the gig and stand near the front. I mean come on, what's the point paying 70 euro to sit at the stop of the Davin stand?

Didn't realise that listening to Ed Sheeran meant I can't listen to any other type of music. I better hand back all the other concert tickets I have for this year so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The bland brigade will have a good day out I suppose.

Music for people who don't have/never bothered to have an opinion or taste in music.

How dare people be allowed to like music you don't....... HOW DARE THEY!!!!

The lad with the cowboy hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

I signed on this morning to see what the craic was for tickets. I already got two standing in the presale yesterday. Refreshed on the laptop 4 secs past nine as advised from lads on a help site, got two more standing tickets. Banged on the TM app at the same time and managed to bag two more standing tickets. Funny thing was that even though I was on the mobile network I bagged the ones from the App quicker.
    1. Make sure your signed on to TM.
    2 Have all your payment details up to date on your account.
    3 Dont use TMs countdown clock...refresh 4secs after it goes 0.00
    4 Dont refresh again...and you ve a better chance to get tickets.
    5 TM App is better than the online site

This is the system I have used the last year and it nearly works....nearly I said.

Best of luck. Tickets will come up again. Restricted viewing tickets have yet to rise their head.

Meathlass wrote: »
    Didn't realise that listening to Ed Sheeran meant I can't listen to any other type of music. I better hand back all the other concert tickets I have for this year so.

One direction will be dissapointed then

EyesClosed wrote: »
    How dare people be allowed to like music you don't....... HOW DARE THEY!!!!

People can like what they want unfortunately they will be overcharged for it :D:D:D

• Advertisement

People can like what they want unfortunately they will be overcharged for it :D:D:D

Ahh well that's nearly every gig, sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He has a point.

What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

Also, I don't think its Ed Sheeran's fault the ticket prices remain the same at the top of any stands, he did an out of nowhere gig for a tenner the Olympia last year so he's not some money hungry shít, not exactly his fault the promoters want to charge €70 for all tickets, but being in Croke Park, everyone knew it was gonna cost a bomb in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

Also, I don't think its Ed Sheeran's fault the ticket prices remain the same at the top of any stands, he did an out of nowhere gig for a tenner the Olympia last year so he's not some money hungry shít, not exactly his fault the promoters want to charge €70 for all tickets, but being in Croke Park, everyone knew it was gonna cost a bomb in fairness.
    More tickets available, spike the prices.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Went in to check for the fun of it at 9am, they had the second date on sale at the same time. That normally doesn't happen until 15 or 30 minutes after the on sale. Sneaky. Wonder wonder they add a third. Have no interest but just if there's 3, its subject to license. That should be fun.

Why would they have 3? They know there's only planning permission for three shows a year.

Fair play to them for being upfront about the amount of shows they are doing. Nice to see them get it right this time.

The lad with the cowboy hat?

Not necessarily all sorts, pre-recorded stuff, mime, don't play their own instruments, write their own songs, are popular due to looks alone etc. etc. the media sells it.....and people will buy accordingly. In this case 70 bob for one chap with a guitar.

Ed Sheeran may be none of these things and I'm not blaming Ed Sheeran for anything by the way he's perfectly entitled to whatever fans he can gain by whatever means. There's a girl in me local boozer who plays acoustic guitar regularly there and as ordinary as Ed, wheres the Hullabaloo about her? In summary The music business never fails to confuse me.
    EyesClosed wrote: »
    Ahh well that's nearly every gig, sadly

Every big gig without question in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

There's no way id go to a concert in Croker if all I could get were seats in the upper stands you'd see nothing your better off holding off for the dvd you'll see more of Ed Sheeran then!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

When I first heard Ed a few years ago on youtube I thought he sounded really cool and had a great style going but since he hit the big time he seems to give less of a **** with each passing day, the lyrics to his latest song are some of the worst **** I've heard in a long long time, musical manure for the masses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The bland brigade will have a good day out I suppose.

Music for people who don't have/never bothered to have an opinion or taste in music.

If you are going to make a comment like that you are the one with no interest in music. Talk about the artist not their fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Whether or not you enjoy Ed Sheeran's music I don't think you can deny that the man is talented at what he does.

The man puts on one hell of a live show.

Slating his fans though just makes you look like a dick.

All of the hoo-haa about "music for people who don't like music"....please, the arrogance is sickening.

It's a bit like the argument re: Craft beer v Mass produced stuff, I have one rule with beer.....I drink beer I like.

Same when it comes to music, I'll listen to music I like, your credibility won't(or shouldn't) suffer just because it's "popular" or "mainstream".

To all those who have tickets, enjoy the gig...

I suppose what I'm saying is music is subjective, life would be f**king boring if it wasn't.

Except for the Script....man, those guys suck:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nice post dirkmeister - couldn't agree more (except for the Script part :pac:)

Advertisement