Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Anyone know are standing all gone or is it just presale ones ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone know are standing all gone or is it just presale ones ?

Just presales ones, you have the joy of trying again tomorrow when tickets go on sale at 9am. Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It was just pre-sales today, there'll be plenty more standing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Cheers guys
    Here's to hoping ðŸ˜ðŸ˜¨

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And no doubt there'll be a second date (if possible)??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

vicwatson wrote: »
    And no doubt there'll be a second date (if possible)??

All depends on how the first date sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

This gig has all the ingredients of being a disaster. Rain along with a David gray clone in a massive stadium with bad acoustics? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

the gig will be awesome. super exited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Presales Rocks. Got 2 fab seats for my first croker Gig. Lower cusack stand 304 section about 30 rows up. Delighted... View sud be epic.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I had 3 offers for Upper Tier Hogan & Cusack but had to let them go, missus freaks out up there, she had to be carried down from a hurling match before

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

This gig has all the ingredients of being a disaster. Rain along with a David gray clone in a massive stadium with bad acoustics? No thanks.

Ah man, it sounds as if you would have made the night for everyone, your opinion has just destroyed my enjoyment of this gig, in fact there's not much point even breathing when put it like that, goodbye cruel world

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

got 8 standing, 4 twice on same card, is this allowed or will they only give me 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

Loughc wrote: »
    All will depend on demand, I was actually quiet surprised on how slowly it's taken the pre-sale to sell out. Tomorrow morning will tell alot, I think alot of people are waiting until then.

I was surprised that the pre sale didn't sell out much quicker too. I'm assuming that not many people realised there was a pre sale..
    Delighted I have my tickets!
    Roll on July!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Really surprised at how poorly this is selling. Still tickets available. Cant see another night being added on!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MiaG

it's not even officially on sale yet! how can you say the sales are poor

MiaG wrote: »
    it's not even officially on sale yet! how can you say the sales are poor

Pre-Sale tickets are on sale, historically when a gig sells out quick the presales go very quickly as well. I picked up two tickets this morning 2.5 hours after the presale launched.

Saying that I forgot about the pre-sale this morning as did alot of fans I'm sure. I have no doubt he will sell out Croke Park, I just don't think it will be as quick as everyone thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

He might have to bring in Ant & Dec on the trumpets to help shift some tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

sternn wrote: »
    I reckon this is it.....but I could be wrong. Link on the front page of his website has the target URL as http://smarturl.it/Croke.Park?IQid=website.presale which links to the below

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004E52BC7828E3?did=elaserp

Thanks a million for this, got 3 tickets no probs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tuhula wrote: »
    Really surprised at how poorly this is selling. Still tickets available. Cant see another night being added on!
    You have no idea how they are selling. You are just surprised that they can still be purchased in advance of tomorrow morning.

I've been checking periodically since purchasing earlier this morning. From 10.30 on, the allocation for standing were gone and anybody here purchasing in the office, and myself going through several mock bookings after getting the standing I was looking for, were only offered top tier Hogan, then Cusack and finally Davin. Again, all came with the obligatory Vertigo warning.

There will be plenty up for grabs tomorrow in all sections, with obviously a hell of a lot more interested parties that were not aware of the pre-sales today, and another date I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yeah I wouldn't think he'd sell out 2 dates in Croke Park - as much as I love him, I think one date will be enough, could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Pre-sale selling slow is an indication of nothing. I've seen plenty of gigs (mainly in the UK) where I got presale tickets that where the allocation was never sold. When they went on general sale, they have sold out relatively quickly. We wont know until tomorrow how well this will sell. I expect a second night, that is personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

From my experience, only once have I got tickets through pre-sale and the concert then failed to sell out.

It looks like this one gig will sell out & they will add a second date but I wouldn't be too confident of a second date selling out at the moment. Did the script sell 1 night or 2?

FitzShane wrote: »
    From my experience, only once have I got tickets through pre-sale and the concert then failed to sell out.

It looks like this one gig will sell out & they will add a second date but I wouldn't be too confident of a second date selling out at the moment. Did the script sell 1 night or 2?

Script sold one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'm in section 734 in the Upper Hogan stand. Row M.

Could anyone give me an indication if these are decent seats? Slightly regretting not just waiting it out for general sale..

If it's standing you can pretty much go wherever you want right? There aren't different sections or anything?

leahyl wrote: »
    If it's standing you can pretty much go wherever you want right? There aren't different sections or anything?

Most gigs do a Golden Circle for standing, where right infront of the stage is a seperate pen/section and more expensive. Otherwise you can stand where ever.

I did read an interview from Ed Sheeran where he believed there shouldn't be premium sections like Golden Circles at his gigs so it'll be interesting to see if that holds true tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Alanhooly wrote: »

Could anyone give me an indication if these are decent seats? Slightly regretting not just waiting it out for general sale..

Here's the view from your seat.........

340108.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Alanhooly wrote: »

The upper Hogan seats go from row A-Z so you'll be half way back.

Section 736 is the block of seats up at Hill 16, so you're going to be in or around the 40 on the Hill end.

Great tickets for an All Ireland...not so sure about a gig, though!

Loughc wrote: »
    Most gigs do a Golden Circle for standing, where right infront of the stage is a seperate pen/section and more expensive. Otherwise you can stand where ever.

I did read an interview from Ed Sheeran where he believed there shouldn't be premium sections like Golden Circles at his gigs so it'll be interesting to see if that holds true tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking! Thanks Loughc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Second night announced, july 25th. Fair ****s Ed.

@aikenpromotions: BIG NEWS! @edsheeran will play a second date at @CrokePark, Saturday 25 July. Both shows go on sale Tomorrow at 9am!

Advertisement