Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wish I held off now. Would have much rathered a Saturday ticket. Oh well 3 day weekend it shall be instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wish I held off too but at least we have our tickets and don't have to get involved in the madness tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Forgive me guys but I'm clueless with concerts if one person buys 4 tickets for standing and another person buys 2 tickets for standing can this group of 6 all be together?
    Or is the standing section in sections ?
    Just want to make sure in advance thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Forgive me guys but I'm clueless with concerts if one person buys 4 tickets for standing and another person buys 2 tickets for standing can this group of 6 all be together?
    Or is the standing section in sections ?
    Just want to make sure in advance thanks guys.

You can all stand together

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

dodzy wrote: »
    Here's the view from your seat.........

340108.jpg

That's encouraging! Great stuff!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

All tickets the same price?

Will try and get tickets for the Saturday night gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Guys how much are the standing tickets? I know the price range just wondering standing in specific.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

People queuing outside Merchants Quay overnight for this. Madness when they will be available online 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

FourFourFM wrote: »
    People queuing outside Merchants Quay overnight for this. Madness when they will be available online 9am.

3 days possible with this id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Kinda blown away that he sold out the entire gig based on his fan club newsletter alone I'd have thought that they would have released maybe 10K or something just for the pre-sale instead of an entire gig, is it 80K capacity for a concert at Croke Park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

FourFourFM wrote: »

In fairness though I remember trying to get tickets to Garth for my dad, and I spent an hour and a half in a virtual queue on two laptops. Ended up going in and queuing at a quiet ticketmaster when the next one was announced and got them no bother, so online isn't always reliable if the demand is high.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DC10555 wrote: »
    Kinda blown away that he sold out the entire gig based on his fan club newsletter alone I'd have thought that they would have released maybe 10K or something just for the pre-sale instead of an entire gig, is it 80K capacity for a concert at Croke Park?

Yea he hasn't. Tickets are on sale tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

DC10555 wrote: »
    Presale WAS only a small number of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea he hasn't. Tickets are on sale tomorrow.

Yea my bad I mis-read the Ticketmaster post! LOL makes more sense alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Muir wrote: »
    In fairness though I remember trying to get tickets to Garth for my dad, and I spent an hour and a half in a virtual queue on two laptops. Ended up going in and queuing at a quiet ticketmaster when the next one was announced and got them no bother, so online isn't always reliable if the demand is high.

Just put a small amount of research into how the queuing systems work. There is a very simple workaround which allows you to essentially skip most of the queue. The only set of tickets I've ever not gotten are Glastonbury, I researched after that. Online is always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Does anyone have any tips tomorrow on the best way of making sure I get on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

thelad95 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips tomorrow on the best way of making sure I get on the site?

safest way seems to be the old fashioned way que up at your local ticketmaster outlet... if ticketmaster online site goes down again due to high demand it is a bit of a lottery trying to get tickets .. seems to be plenty of tickets for sale / swap already on donedeal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

afro man wrote: »
    safest way seems to be the old fashioned way que up at your local ticketmaster outlet... if ticketmaster online site goes down again due to high demand it is a bit of a lottery trying to get tickets .. seems to be plenty of tickets for sale / swap already on donedeal:mad:

So is it just a case of get online and hope for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Do people reckon standing will sell out straight away? my dad wont be able to get to a ticketmaster till about half 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

For buying online, having a decent Internet connection is the main thing. Have a Ticketmaster account set up before the tickets go on sale. Also if your using Visa, have your "verified by visa" password handy. Never had any issues buying tickets for big events in the past.
    JamieHP wrote: »
    Do people reckon standing will sell out straight away? my dad wont be able to get to a ticketmaster till about half 9/10

2 shows so you should be fine. Won't actually sell out today, no matter what their press release says, more tickets will become available in a few weeks time as always. Don't give in to the touts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

For buying online, having a decent Internet connection is the main thing. Have a Ticketmaster account set up before the tickets go on sale. Also if your using Visa, have your "verified by visa" password handy. Never had any issues buying tickets for big events in the past.

2 shows so you should be fine. Won't actually sell out today, no matter what their press release says, more tickets will become available in a few weeks time as always. Don't give in to the touts.

Dont give in to touts! with Croke park they have the premium level which are for those who have seats bought. they get an option to buy tickets, if they dont want them, ticketmaster will release these tickets to general sale about May ish, so hold tough, tickets will be available in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Don't have verified by visa on the card I'm using what can I do it's visa too ?

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

This is all good advice along with refresh once only.
    If you keep pounding the keyboard refreshing it drops you to the back of the queue each time.
    It might look stalled but stick with it, if in doubt open a new browser & do your refreshing there.
    Some people swear by having an online clock with exact time & refreshing the page about 5 seconds before start time, I've found this doesn't always work as Ticketmaster often goes live about 2 minutes early.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

This is all good advice along with refresh once only.
    If you keep pounding the keyboard refreshing it drops you to the back of the queue each time.
    It might look stalled but stick with it, if in doubt open a new browser & do your refreshing there.
    Some people swear by having an online clock with exact time & refreshing the page about 5 seconds before start time, I've found this doesn't always work as Ticketmaster often goes live about 2 minutes early.

Good luck.

Just on the browser thing, I wouldnt recommend having two of the same browser tabs opened as I know several times before this has thrown up an error for me from Ticketmaster saying ''you already have a Ticketmaster page open' or something to that effect. What you could do instead is for example, having lets say an IE browser and a Chrome/ Firefox etc Browser open but only one Ticketmaster Tab in each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Bonavox wrote: »
    Guys how much are the standing tickets? I know the price range just wondering standing in specific.

Thanks!

I got 2 standing tickets in pre sale yest and paid €151 for the 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ready and waiting on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Surprise surprise the F**cking website is now after reverting to loading even though I've been signed into my account and ready since 8.30am!!

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Wait time 13 minutes hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Wait time of 15 mins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

i'm stuck at loading ffs. I wanna go back to sleep. These tickets aren't even for me. ****ing hate Ed Sheeran...:mad:

Advertisement