Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New licences coming - what do we need?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Radio Gold wrote: »
    RTE won't put their DAB Stations on FM.

I know but it's a real shame. Especially as there doesn't appear to be any expansion of the DAB network in sight. Oh but we have the wonderful 2fm...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dave4565

RTE are not going to expand there DAB service this means FIVE stations not available to the majority of the country only Dublin Cork and Limerick they say listen to them online knowing that there is no broadband outside the major cities and large towns what great planning putting the transmitters in the areas that have broadband instead in the parts of the country that don't and will never get broadband knowing the way this country works they say you can get the stations on saorview not very portable and then they want to increase the TV licence why should the majority of the country pay for less than half of the services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Wow. That's one long sentence. I agree though re. RTE and their coverage. I'm lucky that where I live, I have high speed broadband and mobile phone coverage. But I've friends and relatives who don't. It makes you wonder what are we getting for that TV licence fee.

Advertisement