Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Fish Off

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Anybody watching this heap o'crap on ITV4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

invicta wrote: »
    Anybody watching this heap o'crap on ITV4?

Yea. Watched it last week and it was dung but i put it down to the miserable contestant who wasnt arsed getting up when his bait alarm went off during the night.
    Bit better this week but it would be a great show with different people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I watched it one night for a few minutes. Couldn't keep my attention. I'm addicted to Extreme Fishing with Robson Green on channel 5 since i discovered it. Very funny and a good deal of quality fishing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

the concept of the show is good and what a lovely place the ebro is was there a couple of years ago but for gods sake the 2 so called professionals and the idiot from towey let it down in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, couldn't take the Big Fish Off at all.....Extreme Fishing takes a bit of getting used to but is pretty good But......can anybody compete with Jeremy Wade in River Monsters.....absolutely enthralling stuff. I know it's hopelessly far-fetched but the enthusiasm, professionalism, skill and pure entertainment is just great stuff.

Ephraim

Eph1958 wrote: »
    Hi, couldn't take the Big Fish Off at all.....Extreme Fishing takes a bit of getting used to but is pretty good But......can anybody compete with Jeremy Wade in River Monsters.....absolutely enthralling stuff. I know it's hopelessly far-fetched but the enthusiasm, professionalism, skill and pure entertainment is just great stuff.

Ephraim

I would enjoy an episode or 3 of River monsters;) Tis a good show alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

river monsters is some show allright that jeremy wade is mad like I seen one the other day he was swimming in a pool with piranhas and another one he went after the lough ness monster in scotland and ended up catchin a shark in iceland dont know what he was trying to prove there haha you cant beat oul matt hayes and mick brown im watching their shows for years and still love them 24 hour rod race especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Can still remember being glued to the TV watching John Wilson catching bream, tench, perch, roach, rudd, pike & zander years ago on ITV. It was long before I ever held a rod or saw a real-live fish. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

The great rod race with Matt hayes was the best fishing show ever alright.I think Paul Young hooked on fishing is good too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I used watch alot of Matt Hayes and Paul Young years ago. Just realised last week that they still show em all on discovery shed. Hours of late night entertainment :-) Id love to go for a few casts with Matt id say youd learn alot about any type of fishing he's caught everything

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

On the fly with he well Morgan was good . still watch the great rod race and the greater rod race .one I really hate is thinking tackle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

On the fly with he well Morgan was good . still watch the great rod race and the greater rod race .one I really hate is thinking tackle

Ah man thinking tackle is absolute rubbish! As if carp fishing wasnt boring enough without them going on and on youd barley see em have a cast. Wet nets is another good one

River monsters is OK. I don't like the fact that everything could potentially kill him (in his words) but the fishing is good. Best episode I've seen is when he caught the sting ray in Asia. The thing was bigger than a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

River Monsters great show alright , i liked the stingray episode also buy my favourite must be when he caught the tiger fish or lion fish, might have the name wrong but it has been blamed by local villages for taking small children while swimming. What a set of teeth it had when he finally landed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hooked on fishing with Paul young was the best I found.
    Plenty of fly fishing and game fishing.
    Matt hayes was alright but mick was the better of the two. Big pike angler.
    John Wilson was good but every fish he had to laugh. Come on john. Not that funny.
    Henry gilbey was great if you were sea angler. Fishing from rocks and cliff faces.
    And then Rex hunt ( thank your mother for the rabbit :D )
    These all were on Saturday mornings in discovery years ago. If get up at 7 an watch till 12

And then Rex hunt ( thank your mother for the rabbit :D )

Rex Hunt. Great programme for species. They have some crazy looking and sized fish in Oz. Was watching one day tho and he was explaining the important of catch and release after just returning something. Cue the retired fish floating belly up in the background!

Paul young was great. Did a lot of shows in Ireland too which was great to see. Especially places I fished myself.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Was watching one day tho and he was explaining the important of catch and release after just returning something. Cue the retired fish floating belly up in the background!

A regular clip on you've been framed and the like...
    Strange its not on youtube....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

A passion for angling was one of the best.

Advertisement