Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Second-hand tyres

• 18-02-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

Just wondering if any of you know where I can pick up a decent second-hand tyre ? I need it for my CB250 nighthawk. The size is 90/100 - 18. The one I have on it at the moment is a perilli city demon.

The reason why I dont wanna just buy a new one is because im currently reviving a CB500 for my next bike and kinda wanna put the money into that as opposed to my Cb250 (which will probably be garaged once I get the 500 going.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

adverts.ie

Had a look on there already, not much there in the form of tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you tried a breakers?
    Its an old size so likely not many tyres in that size around second hand and if they are available are probably ancient and maybe not roadworthy.
    Oponeo have that size for 63 delivered brand new. How much is a secondhand one going to cost?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Have you tried a breakers?
    Its an old size so likely not many tyres in that size around second hand and if they are available are probably ancient and maybe not roadworthy.
    Oponeo have that size for 63 delivered brand new. How much is a secondhand one going to cost?

Thats what I was thinking as well. Its only 60-70 euros for a new one so i might as well just pay the extra for good quality!

Didnt realise the tyre size was that old tbh! Bikeworld told me they hadnt stocked on in nearly 8 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Bestlane tyres on slaney road in the Dublin Industrial Estate do have a good selection of part worn tyres, they bring them in by the container load from Germany. Pop in to them and the lads will sort you out if they have the size you want, 25 euro fitted if you take your wheel off yourself, good bunch of lads.

• Advertisement

Bestlane tyres on slaney road in the Dublin Industrial Estate do have a good selection of part worn tyres, they bring them in by the container load from Germany. Pop in to them and the lads will sort you out if they have the size you want, 25 euro fitted if you take your wheel off yourself, good bunch of lads.

That's perfect man cheers! I'll give them a bell today and hopefully call in tomorrow at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

That's good value my local garage charges me €20 to just fit a tyre, and I take the wheel off myself.

Could get through to bestlane tyres over the phone ? Are they still open ?

Advertisement