Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Useless, nonessential crap that wastes your time everyday...

• 18-02-2015 11:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

ATM's that give an Irish language opinion..no one gives a ****.

ATM's again, press for a 20e, no 20s, so instead of giving you another opinion, it cancels your whole transaction... Have to start all over again..

Banks with that stupid entrance, double door lock crap.One has to be locked in order for other to open.

Topaz... Having to walk around to whole counter to pay, why can't I just go in the door nearest the cashier..fcukin stupidity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The bank doors is to minimise the risk of robbery. Atms that offer you 20/40/60 with no 20s. Offer me an amount you can dispense first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Boards.ie :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Washing myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Robbing my mother's knickers off the line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Silly moany threads :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Voyeurism. So much time effort for so little reward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Slunk wrote: »
    The bank doors is to minimise the risk of robbery. Atms that offer you 20/40/60 with no 20s. Offer me an amount you can dispense first.

If you really wanted to rob a bank, two crappy glass doors wouldn't stop much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Getting dressed. Why can't I just stay in my pjs?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ATMs giving you the option to request a receipt yet having no receipts to dispense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Farting, what's that all about?

Baxterly13 wrote: »
    Getting dressed. Why can't I just stay in my pjs?!

Move to inner city Dublin...tis the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Robbing my mother's knickers off the line

So wrong. Love it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Small talk with colleagues whose existence you can barely tolerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Charging phone. Waste so much time tryin to remember to keep it charged. And also moanin, why do I have to moan so much :D

Farting, what's that all about?

Light it..it will keep you warm...farting is not so useless now eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Doom wrote: »

ATM's again, press for a 20e, no 20s, so instead of giving you another opinion, it cancels your whole transaction... Have to start all over again..

Banks with that stupid entrance, double door lock crap.One has to be locked in order for other to open.

Topaz... Having to walk around to whole counter to pay, why can't I just go in the door nearest the cashier..fcukin stupidity.

agree with most of what you say there, except, for the last bit, what the hell are you going into topaz for?

Thing is if the q started inside the door then if it was busy, the q would be out the door, at the least people can get in and see whats going on, or from the shops point of view, browse and spend, on the otherhand, its a much better system than walking up to the till at the far wall, and then making your way through people to get back out, as you can just exit.
    That said, I dont use topaz unless I was stuck, which I make sure Im not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

When I'm browsing Twitter on my phone and I'm scrolling down through older tweets, click on one to see the rest of the conversation, click back and I'm taken all the way back to the top to the newest tweets so I have to scroll all the way back down again to find my place.

Gets me every fucking time.

Actually, Twitter.

cerastes wrote: »
    agree with most of what you say there, except, for the last bit, what the hell are you going into topaz for?

Thing is if the q started inside the door then if it was busy, the q would be out the door, at the least people can get in and see whats going on, or from the shops point of view, browse and spend, on the otherhand, its a much better system than walking up to the till at the far wall, and then making your way through people to get back out, as you can just exit.
    That said, I dont use topaz unless I was stuck, which I make sure Im not.

Company has a fuel card with them :-(
    Don't go near them for private use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Pre-paid fuel pumps. I have no idea how much I want. Turn on the feckin pump....

Self-service tills in B&Q..closed. 1 cashier, a queue a mile long...why have the self-service tills and then not open them?

Tap and go Card machines, but a €15 limit. Would €20 really be such a stretch??

• Advertisement

Pre-paid fuel pumps. I have no idea how much I want. Turn on the feckin pump....

Self-service tills in B&Q..closed. 1 cashier, a queue a mile long...why have the self-service tills and then not open them?

I hear its going to 30 bucks shortly...and the B&Q self service...never ever seen them opened.

Another is Lidl...having to queue for 1 ****in item, get a self service lidl...come on, get with the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Waking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I thought the pre paid pumps were for those not in view of the security, or if you look dodgy :pac:.

B&Q near me seem to have loads of self service tills open, much faster to find one and get through quick than get stuck behind a q of people fumbling with their stuff and change, mostyl Ive seen them open near me.

Now if only lidl or aldi would open the other 7 or 8 tills rather than just the 2-3 (one is always closing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

ATM's are so annoying, try and get €20 and it says it only dispenses in multiples of €50, cap for ATM is €120, go figure.

Another is when you've been using your visa debit card and you go to take money out and find out your a few cent short of the nearest 10. :(

Calling support only to be passed on to multiple ppl.

Remember the good old days when an atm would dispense €650??? Now, it's €200 tops and often €120...so, life has gotten cheaper?? No? Well what then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

When 2 people are together and proceed to stand side by side on travelator's and not walking, but block up everyone behind. Same but to a lesser extent on escaltors

Automated check-outs, they are not a convenience for the customer, only for the store and I've wasted too much of my life looking for a staff member to clear some imaginary transgression so I can just pay for my milk and go home in a temper.

Unexpected item in bagging area

Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!

Candie wrote: »
    Automated check-outs, they are not a convenience for the customer, only for the store and I've wasted too much of my life looking for a staff member to clear some imaginary transgression so I can just pay for my milk and go home in a temper.

Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items

"Did you get petrol or diesel?..Did you get petrol or diesel?":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Visa verisign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

Boom Beach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Remember the good old days when an atm would dispense €650??? Now, it's €200 tops and often €120...so, life has gotten cheaper?? No? Well what then??

We're slowly transferring into a cashless society, stuff like this intended to speed the process along. It's only going to get worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We have one of those extremely slow ATMs at work. However, when you select the Irish language option, it's very fast! Most people have copped on to it now. It's funny seeing French, Russian, Spanish etc people withdrawing their money in Irish :pac:

But mainly, being stuck behind some gowl doing 50 in an 80 zone. The rest pales in comparison to mile after mile of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lowest I ever seen was 300 once and 400 a few times, and they're all instore ones.
    any hole in the wall ones should all be 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

If you really wanted to rob a bank, two crappy glass doors wouldn't stop much.

They work, genius. It stops people with balaclavas getting in and stops quick getaways. Or any getaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Candie wrote: »

Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items
    Please remove your items

you can mute them!! Press the volume button on the screen till you see a speaker with a line through it!

lowest I ever seen was 300 once and 400 a few times, and they're all instore ones.
    any hole in the wall ones should all be 600

Not a hope. €200 is average and that's getting rarer.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    you can mute them!! Press the volume button on the screen till you see a speaker with a line through it!

There aren't enough thanks in the world! :)

They work, genius. It stops people with balaclavas getting in and stops quick getaways. Or any getaway.

Go back to watching netfilx, balaclavas 'n get away cars...pffff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Idiots on Adverts that want more for what they are selling than they currently cost in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The bank in the town I grew up in has been hit twice in the last few years. Once where the ATM was taken out of the wall. The second time, armed men came in through the windows. Security doors my arse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Welcome to pay as you go top up - it was the best of times it was the worst of times and derp de derp ta teedily tum

- fvck this .. go with number 1.

you have selected the wrong option - in the beginning there was the word and the word was god and god was ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Idiots on Adverts that want more for what they are selling than they currently cost in the shops.

This goes both ways to be fair, there's some chancers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Not a hope. €200 is average and that's getting rarer.

Is that really the case? I'd frequently take out €500 without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They have a $100 daily limit in Canada, highest increment is $50 not great for when your card is stolen/lost as happened to me once :o Definitely something to keep low though €20 wouldn't be much of a difference I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Having to physically go into a credit union to withdraw money. Please provide all CUs with ATMs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

So many shops not selling postage stamps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

ratmouse wrote: »
    Having to physically go into a credit union to withdraw money. Please provide all CUs with ATMs!

You're in luck. You'll be getting a credit card soon so you can spend money you don't have.
    What pisses me off - 6 years after the celtic delusion imploded we've got credit unions getting into the easy cash racket. Refer to the mortgage thread for evidence of incoming aftermath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

ratmouse wrote: »
    So many shops not selling postage stamps!

An Post won't give you stamps to sell. The shop has to buy them themselves like a normal customer and then sell them on for no mark up. So most places will only do it as a convenience for their customers. Generally the smaller shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Company has a fuel card with them :-(
    Don't go near them for private use.

Whats wrong with topaz? I use them all the time

• Advertisement
Advertisement