Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MKIV Set visits Connolly

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The loco off the platform is fine, the DVT would be an issue with it being used to store bikes.

This is another issue of selective door opening not being spec'ed for or installed.

For example an 8 piece 29k just fit into platform 1 in Connolly and is used in service but the very last door is over the platform ramp so it can't be used. An unsuspecting passenger could have an unexpected drop if not paying attention.

They have managed to lock off doors on the 22's on Waterford line without SDO or moving passengers so I'm sure it should be possible on all rolling stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Question:

Were the MK4s not specifically EU funded for Dublin-Cork? i.e. high spec, full service intercity rail between the two main cities and the Dublin-Cork-Belfast route is marked down as a TEN (Trans European Network) priority route.

I'm a little confused about how IE seems to start moving fleet around like this when they're EU funded sometimes for certain key routes.
    IE does what it likes. always been the way, and will never change.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'm not knocking the use of ICR when they are the right capacity for the time, it was an in jest comment that the Mk4s were not used just cause.

Understood - but to be honest there's been so much negativity and conspiracy nonsense here (most of it I now mercifully have on "ignore") that it's difficult to tell some of the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

[QUOTE=lxflyer;94513694there's been so much negativity here[/QUOTE]

the negativity here doesn't exist for no reason

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yes but unless the EU paid 100% the costs which they didn't I don't they can dictate where they operate I expect or there will be some legal loop found if it was challenged.

They can't dictate anything, but they can claw money back if it's not spent as per the original agreement, if it comes to their attention in an audit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

SpaceTime wrote: »
    They can't dictate anything, but they can claw money back if it's not spent as per the original agreement, if it comes to their attention in an audit.

The only money they may try and claw back is from the taxpayer, it won't be IE so nobody wins if they were to take action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Evening all,

Back on topic :)

I was confined to Co. Laois today while all the fun was being had in Co. Meath & Co. Louth with the MKIV Gauging trial to Dundalk. Sean Cain and Lar Griffin have kindly contributed photos to the website of the days events.
    All the pictures from the day start at http://smu.gs/1Cy0bYS

The Wanderer.

DSCF8967-M.jpg

Advertisement