Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellview area in blanch

Options
  • 19-02-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me about this area what's it like thinking of moving there maybe anyone from the area ? Would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

People are going to tell you not to move there. About ten years ago they'd have been right to tell you that. Now its changed. It's quiet except for the Grove. If you want more info pm me. I've lIved here for 20 odd years.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

I wouldn't buy a house there but I might take an offer of a council property. Yes, it is not as bad as it was 10 years ago but trouble can sometimes be cyclical. The fact that even one of the long term residents states that an area of it is not quiet i.e. is troublesome should indicate the type of place it is/could potentially be. To add to that one has the pleasure of having Dromheath at close proximity, a massive industrial estate: Damastown and Castlecurragh which is looking quite tired and has had its share of troubles. Your local boozer is The Shanty (try before you buy) and the 38 takes an age to get into town or at least used to unless the route has changed.

The positives: The chipper beside the Shanty is decent. The Blanch centre is not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScTm

Thanks for the input guys greatly appreciated

Advertisement