Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Beskitas 8.05 KO ITV1 and er 3e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

How is it even up for discussion on the pitch, its Balotelli all day long for penalties. One of the best takers in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Don't understand the Henderson hate, thought he decided Balo would take it tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Poor form by Sturridge but I wouldn't worry to be honest. Itll be grand once the game is won. Queue the Instagram post of both of them together smiling after the game tonight. That or the media will have nothing to write about :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Let mario take it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I thought so too. I thought Hendo was just shaking his head at the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thought the same....but then was afraid to tell Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No, pretty sure Rodgers decided it. Henderson wanted to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Ibe motm by a mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah thought he actually did very well to calm the whole thing down

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    Have some fans got an underlying dislike of Sturridge or what?

I love him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sturridge had a poor game, and wanted to take a penalty. So what. We all know he's a greedy f****r, it's part of his make up.

He is still class. We all need to get over it.

Balotelli was brilliant when he came on and should start at the weekend. Him and Sterling in for Coutinho and Lallana.

Big bloody deal about spoilt kids fighting over a penalty.

Main thing is it was converted.

Nice win

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have an overlying (might not be a word) dislike of always shooting and never passing. Suarez was guilty of it at times but rarely to the extent that Sturridge was tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Storm in a teacup lads. Right result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Awful performance tonight tbh

Thought we very decent against a good well organised Besiktas team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge was the dope, Hendo was keeping the piece

Have some fans got an underlaying dislike of Sturridge or what?

Yeah, it's a bit weird. You'd swear we lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sturridge had a poor game, and wanted to take a penalty. So what. We all know he's a greedy f****r, it's part of his make up.

He is still class. We all need to get over it.

Balotelli was brilliant when he came on and should start at the weekend. Him and Sterling in for Coutinho and Lallana.

Balotelli seems to better off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Perfect home European result, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We played ok. Not amazing but pretty good. Happy enough, always tough to break down 10 men behind the ball tactics. A sharper less selfish Danny and we'd have won easy i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Some young child (Bobby) killed her

djPSB wrote: »
    Balotelli seems to better off the bench.

He hasn't started a game since November I think, and the entire team were septic then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think we should ban Tadic for 3 games over that penalty incident tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Perfect home European result, no?

I dunno, I think another 8-0 win would have been better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Sturridge awful, Hendo not much better. Allen done well, Ibe MOTM easily.

Lovren to start at RCB, Can looked dodgy enough for me.

And Mario has to take the pen.....only regular pen taker in the side. Understand if Hendo wanted to take, assume he was designated pen taker, but even he has to realise Mario is a penalty taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Average performance but fab result against a decent looking outfit...nicely set up for us in the return leg to hit them on the break.

Mario's penalties worth infinitely more than Charlie Adams' corners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Mmm he do wanted to take the peno too.

• Advertisement

Ah Sturrdige was the trying to give it to Hendo. It's all flip flopping all over the flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sturridge awful, Hendo not much better. Allen done well, Ibe MOTM easily.

Lovren to start at RCB, Can looked dodgy enough for me.

And Mario has to take the pen.....only regular pen taker in the side. Understand if Hendo wanted to take, assume he was designated pen taker, but even he has to realise Mario is a penalty taker

One half dodgy game and you want him dropped? Seriously?!?

I don't think most of that was down to match fitness.

The ITV lads having a barney over the penalty. Gerrard giving Mario a bit of stick over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Gerrard not happy with the way things progressed at the penalty. Would have been an interesting dressing room if Mario had missed it. But he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

blueser wrote: »
    Gerrard not happy with the way things progressed at the penalty. Would have been an interesting dressing room if Mario had missed it. But he didn't.

But he didn't.

Gerrard shouldn't be on TV talking loose when his team are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I thought so too. I thought Hendo was just shaking his head at the situation.

He did hand the ball over fairly easy in fairness, then sturridge seemed to have a word to balo and hendo walks away shakes his head and can be seen saying fcuk sake

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    One half dodgy game and you want him dropped? Seriously?!?

Id have him CM.....his positioning lately at RCB has been poor....the goal against Palace, against Bolton Gudjohnsen should have scored when he lost the ball in the air. Hes only playing RCB because hes comfortable on the ball, and can run out with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very unprofessional from Gerrard. Stopped short from calling Ballotelli a dick. He should have given a non committal "these things happen in football....heat of the moment" type response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Gerrard should just say Henderson was taking evasive action of the situation.

But he didn't.

True re Gerrard, but I wouldnt trust Hendo or Sturridge with a pen, so delighted Mario took it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Really dont think its wise having a current team captain as a panelist.
    His comments should be for the dressing room not every livingroom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

But he didn't.

I agree, but what he said was true. Hendo is the captain and if he wanted to take it Mario should have accepted that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

NukaCola wrote: »
    I agree, but what he said was true. Hendo is the captain and if he wanted to take it Mario should have accepted that.

So, if you're the captain, and a sh*te penalty taker, you still get to take the penalty? :confused:

I thought these things are already set before the match, designated takers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

It should be on the manager to decide the order of who takes what and how flexible that system is. Everyone knows Balotelli's ability from the spot so hopefully Rogers will just set that straight in the dressing room. It's not like there was a huge bust-up or anything, no need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

tigger123 wrote: »
    So, if you're the captain, and a sh*te penalty taker, you still get to take the penalty? :confused:

I thought these things are already set before the match, designated takers etc.

Is he a ****e penalty taker? How many has he missed/scored? How many peno's have you seen him take? Has he been practising? Is he the designated peno taker?

Mario grabbed the ball from his captain and scored a peno. I personally dont care but i agree with Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gerrard is right. But he shouldn't have said it publicly. Makes everyone else look bad.

Is he a ****e penalty taker? How many has he missed/scored? How many peno's have you seen him take? Has he been practising? Is he the designated peno taker?

Mario grabbed the ball from his captain and scored a peno. I personally dont care but i agree with Gerrard.

That's the only relevant point IMO.

Either way, Gerrard shouldn't be talking down his teammates on TV. He's still playing for the club.

tigger123 wrote: »
    That's the only relevant point IMO.

No, you said he is a ****e peno taker. Based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Ibe and Balotelli impressive tonight everyone else mar Mignolet decudely average. Besikitas were well organised and a tough nut to crack. Billic would be a good option for a premier league side

No, you said he is a ****e peno taker. Based on what?

No I didn't.

I think I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying he should take the penalty because he's the captain. Which doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think you did though (now that I read it back) there, so apologies if I took you up wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement