Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

My profuse apologies once again for daring to play devils advocate.

You might think of yourself as a Noam Chomsky figure, but trying to goad a reaction by making a moral equivalence of how North Korea and the USA treat their respective citizens makes you more of a wannabe Katie Hopkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

I'd love to see Putin kick and punch the living daylights out of David Cameron.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Th!ng wrote: »

Going on past form, he's far more likely to employ someone else to poison him. He's very brave that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

cnocbui wrote: »
    Going on past form, he's far more likely to employ someone else to poison him. He's very brave that way.

in a one off MMA type fight who would win???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

You might think of yourself as a Noam Chomsky figure, but trying to goad a reaction by making a moral equivalence of how North Korea and the USA treat their respective citizens makes you more of a wannabe Katie Hopkins.

I was making the point that people react differently to wrongdoing depending on who/which nation is carrying it out and warning against it. Once again, apologies. Unfortunately, I don't watch enough daytime TV to evaluate the opinions of Katie Hopkins, so be sure to continue to fill me in on any issues she touches upon in future. Feel free to let me know how you'd imagine Jeremy Kyle would react to this discussion too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did putin have a face lift??

his face looks a bit plastic of late, don't you think

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

If I was in a fight with a bunch of travellers I'd rather have Putin to back me up than Cameron.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

lol you can't be serious you do know Putin is former KBG

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

"Was killed during the siege of leningrad" sounds like he was a soldier. He was a child that died of diptheria. Not ok, but not the same.

That was also long before Putin was born (1952) so how badly do you reckon he was affected in reality?

Would you have the same rationale were someone to say that their grandmother died of starvation in Auschwitz? Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cienciano wrote: »
    He does look menacing though. Even in a childs bedroom

http://i.imgur.com/dM2Th9L.jpg

That picture looks like it should belong in a TV mag about an upcoming episode of Eastenders where Dimitri, the local gangster and niteclub owner, is harassing Phil's mistress about a loan he once gave her ex-husband many years ago back in the old country.

Now she's expected to cough up the money or else face Dimitri's tough ultimatum. Can Phil help her out?

I should write soaps :pac:

• Advertisement

lol you can't be serious you do know Putin is former KBG

Insert: 'facepalm'

He's a vile homophobic bully. He was also the head of the KGB for a time - a time when they murdered and tortured Soviet citizens. He's an asshole.
    The same people who eulogise Putin must be the sort who worship that other asshole - Castro in Cuba. You know, curtailing civil liberties, jailing journalists, that sort of thing.

Ah come on now, Otto, didn't Vlad's people free your adopted homeland from the yoke of the Schmeiser toting boot boys. And now they're at it again.

If I was in a fight with a bunch of travellers I'd rather have Putin to back me up than Cameron.

And most likely he would bury a knife between your shoulderbaldes, put each arm around the shoulders of two of them and say: 'Come brothers, let us hev a little drink and celllebrate our viktory.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

David Cameron is the Prime Minister of a mature social democracy with free health care, free elections and a free press. He's no Churchill, but he seems like a decent skin. He generates torrents of abuse because he is posh and Tory. The Brits have steered a decent course through the rough waters of the financial crisis.

Putin is a rabidly homophobic President of a country that crushes political opposition and open media. Russia is a country with levels of genuine inequality that would make even the most hardened anti-water charges protester scream. It's a country of criminality, bribery and corruption.

We've always had a rump of the far-left here in Ireland who look to the Kremlin with their sunglasses of delusion firmly in place. Who can overlook every sort of vile tyranny because Russia is sticking it to the 'man'. We had the stickies in the 70's, the Shinners and the Workers party clammering at the steps of the Kremlin in the 80's, and now a new breed of young male malcontent who despise their own worldview so much that they look favourably towards a pure despot like Putin as an inspiration.

:eek:

inforfun wrote: »
    The people on board of MH-17 dont agree.

I'm sure their loved ones would probably prefer a bit of transparency and less secrecy themselves. After all if you have proof that Vlad shot down a plane then let's see it. But f##k that , it won't happen. Anyway, Vlad's great coz he can box the head off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You used Russia Today as a source,

I provided an alternative source that you ignored.
    Yes I use certain means of debate or allegory

No what you do is quote something I've wrote like this:
    check out Operation Mocking Bird.

And you respond with tripe like this:
    Shurimgreat

the idea that the CIA controls every little newstation such as KYA downtown Kanses, or every internet news site is so far fetched that I don't even believe someone as gullible as you believes it.

See that's a perfect example of a sham argument in that you take what I've wrote, ignore it, and then attribute a position to me that I haven't taken.

The rest of your post is just you waffling the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

fran17 wrote: »
    I'm not well informed on that law but,as with any law,its a matter for the state Duma and the people of Russia.

Really, Fran? If Russia voted to limit right of Catholics, you'd be all good with that? Up to Duma and people of Russia, sure!

Sociopath2 wrote: »
    Spoken like a useful idiot who has never experienced any real oppression and would **** his pants if faced with any.

:pac:

Tell us all about your own struggle there, Mandela!

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    I am only mentioning the MH-17
    What the flying **** has Obama to do with that?

Open a separate thread if you want to discuss the blood on obama's hands.

What has MH-17 got to do with Putin or the Russians?
    You brought it up, did you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Egginacup wrote: »
    What has MH-17 got to do with Putin or the Russians?
    You brought it up, did you not?

You can't be serious.

Anyway,

We can quibble all night and day about how Putin is a "Hitler" and whatnot.

Vlad is a genius, plain and simple. You have retards in Washington who were given 6 figure paychecks after they worked a bit (making coffee) on some farcical political campaign. Now these dopes think they can remake the entire world in the image of Halliburton, Inc. and they couldn't even list one language of the countries they are trying to fuck with.

The Novorrussians have shattered the Kiev Nazis who have been shelling kids since August and they are on the run. The Nazis in Kiev were installed by Washington and their massacres were approved by Washington, and that is undeniable.

SO,
    Now that the people that Kiev and Washington wanted wiped out are actually winning and the Kiev skinhead and Nazi forces are in disarray and starving in abandoned buildings and still Washington is announcing that it will supply more weapons for Kiev assholes installed by Washington they will be massacred if they don't give it up.

I was actually wondering....when do Nazi thugs who murder for money actually respect freedom and gay rights?

Aonghus?

I'm really looking forward to the Novorussians being completely successful when Spingtime comes and Kiev being fcuked.

:D

RomanKnows wrote: »
    David Cameron is the Prime Minister of a mature social democracy with free health care, free elections and a free press. He's no Churchill, but he seems like a decent skin. He generates torrents of abuse because he is posh and Tory. The Brits have steered a decent course through the rough waters of the financial crisis.

Putin is a rabidly homophobic President of a country that crushes political opposition and open media. Russia is a country with levels of genuine inequality that would make even the most hardened anti-water charges protester scream. It's a country of criminality, bribery and corruption.

We've always had a rump of the far-left here in Ireland who look to the Kremlin with their sunglasses of delusion firmly in place. Who can overlook every sort of vile tyranny because Russia is sticking it to the 'man'. We had the stickies in the 70's, the Shinners and the Workers party clammering at the steps of the Kremlin in the 80's, and now a new breed of young male malcontent who despise their own worldview so much that they look favourably towards a pure despot like Putin as an inspiration.

:eek:

Vindicate yourself by naming 10 crimes against humanity conducted by the UK and Russia/USSR in the last 30 years.

Answers at your leisure, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Anyway,

Vlad is a genius, plain and simple. You have retards in Washington who were given 6 figure paychecks after they worked a bit (making coffee) on some farcical political campaign. Now these dopes think they can remake the entire world in the image of Halliburton, Inc. and they couldn't even list one language of the countries they are trying to fuck with.

The Novorrussians have shattered the Kiev Nazis who have been shelling kids since August and they are on the run. The Nazis in Kiev were installed by Washington and their massacres were approved by Washington, and that is undeniable.

SO,
    Now that the people that Kiev and Washington wanted wiped out are actually winning and the Kiev skinhead and Nazi forces are in disarray and starving in abandoned buildings and still Washington is announcing that it will supply more weapons for Kiev assholes installed by Washington they will be massacred if they don't give it up.

I was actually wondering....when do Nazi thugs who murder for money actually respect freedom and gay rights?

Aonghus?

I'm really looking forward to the Novorussians being completely successful when Spingtime comes and Kiev being fcuked.

Well I suppose if RT calls the Ukrainians Nazis apparantly for defending the Ukraine from progressive Russia it must be true.

You can't be serious.

Deadly serious, Max

I fail to see what a civilian airliner being shot down or blown out of the sky over The Ukraine has to do with the President of Russia. If you're saying he did it and can provide evidence then you're a better man than I ... or John Kerry :pac:

Anyway, this thread is about how cool and cool-headed Vlad is. We ought to stick to the discussion of his greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Deadly serious, Max

I fail to see what a civilian airliner being shot down or blown out of the sky over The Ukraine has to do with the President of Russia. If you're saying he did it and can provide evidence then you're a better man than I ... or John Kerry :pac:

Anyway, this thread is about how cool and cool-headed Vlad is. We ought to stick to the discussion of his greatness.

I'd say if he had the exact same views and was governor of Texas you mean be less enamoured of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would you have the same rationale were someone to say that their grandmother died of starvation in Auschwitz? Doubtful.

If they said "my grandmother was killed in Auschwitz" then yes. Because when you say that, the first thing people are going to go to is that she was gassed. 2nd thing, probably shot. After that maybe worked to death. Killed is generally used to refer to direct killing.
    But then you knew that, because you used it that way to deliberately try to sensationalise the death to garner sympathy for Putin. Using a child's death eh? Your going to have to try harder to get people to love the man.

And what about the 2nd part? The siege ended in 44, so best case for your sympathy drive is he died 9 years before Putin was born.again, how badly affected to you truthfully think he was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I'm sure their loved ones would probably prefer a bit of transparency and less secrecy themselves. After all if you have proof that Vlad shot down a plane then let's see it. But f##k that , it won't happen. Anyway, Vlad's great coz he can box the head off you.

Your love for Vlad really knows no bounds does it.

Here's two articles to help you on your way my Russian friend.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jul/20/john-kerry/kerry-ukrainian-separatist-bragged-social-media/

http://www.newsweek.com/we-shot-down-mh17-says-pro-russian-soldier-260630

The separtists minister celebrating shooting down a plane soon after MH17 fell is fairly cast iron in my book.

Next you will be blaming the Nazis for the Katyn massacre! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Anyway,

SO,

Aonghus?

Fair play, you really name checked most of the usual Kremlin pet hates in there. Nazis, Haliburtan, Nazi thugs, Hitler. I wonder do you get paid for mentioning each one in your posts? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement