Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Eight that are in control of their own foreign policies, the vast majority of countries are scared ****less of Uncle Sam! :eek:

ROFLOL! At least your utterences are entertaining Elmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

gandalf wrote: »
    Ah deflection and whataboutary. Dragging up a situation from nearly 100 years ago just proves how pathetic your position and blind support of a facsist regime is.
    What has changed since? 
    It seems that only 50 years of defeating Fascism is enough to forget the definition of Fascism:
    The number of nazi statements by Ukrainian officials: many
    The number of nazi statements by Russian officials: zero
    The number of state languages in Crimea during 1991-2014: 1
    The number of state languages in Crimea  since 2014: 3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Eight that are in control of their own foreign policies, the vast majority of countries are scared ****less of Uncle Sam! :eek:

Most are sh*tting themselves laughing at Trump & the USA. The US is practically at war with itself. Trump has been forced to criticise Russia. Needless to say he will contact his mate & make it up. He really wants those hotels in Russia - maybe the Russians will offer him asylum :pac:

na1 wrote: »
    What has changed since? 
    It seems that only 50 years of defeating Fascism is enough to forget the definition of Fascism:
    The number of nazi statements by Ukrainian officials: many
    The number of nazi statements by Russian officials: zero
    The number of state languages in Crimea during 1991-2014: 1
    The number of state languages in Crimea  since 2014: 3

Don't threaten a nuclear state
    Watch as we rebuild our armed forces
    Don't give us ultimatums

sound rather Hitler like to me

Russia is way more dangerous now than in the cold war. Khrushchev had common sense & Kennedy was intelligent. Putin & Trump ? :rolleyes:

Well as I have pointed out many times if Stalin hadn't of readily made a pact with the Nazis and carved up Poland an awful lot of Russians may have survived. But credit where credit is due they did help defeat the most henious regime to exist on this planet. That makes the betrayal of their sacrifice by the current regime in the Kremlin even more disgusting.

This is regime that has repeatedly meddled in it neighbours affairs indirectly and directly. It has carried out a number of operations that resemble Operation Himmler from WW2. It has assassinated an opponent with radioactive material in another country, it has tried to kill another and his daughter with a weapon of mass destruction. It represses minorities and murders journalists who ask the wrong questions. If a politician gets too popular and threatens the dear leader they are convicted on trumped up charges or **** in the back. They have meddled in numerous democratic votes and have a massive disinformation operation in situ.

I know which regime I count as the biggest danger to my country and the European union.

• Advertisement

The evidence is overwhelming and pointless arguing with someone who has a worldview helping terrorists and neo-fascists is ok.

You mean like Russia & North Korea do ?

Nope it would Crimea as part of Russia is Eight. By any measure that is extremely pathetic.
    I couldn't find the number of 8 anywhere.
    The fact that some country does NOT recognize some other's independence doesn't mean they are against it.

If you are referring the Resolution 68/262  http://undocs.org/en/A/RES/68/262 ; dated 1 April 2014
    100 voted for
    11 voted against
    58 abstained 
    So 69 out of 169 either support the Russia or doen't give a sh*t
    If you're referring to Resolution  71/205   https://undocs.org/A/RES/71/205 ;    from 1st February 2017
    70 voted for
    26 voted against
    77 abstained 
    103 out of  173 either support the Russia or don't give a sh*t

Good progress eh?

Lol that's the first time I've seen an absentation counted as support. I suppose you have use whatever justification you can to support your Russian fascist regime.

Lol that's the first time I've seen an absentation counted as support. I suppose you have use whatever justification you can to support your Russian fascist regime.

That's the first time I've seen that "doesn't give a sh*t" is considered as support.

Fundamental principle of being a despot - you are either for us or dead. No middle ground.

• Advertisement

Can you give a clean definition of the "fascist regime" please?
    Also, how do you call a regime which make a Nazi collaborationits responsible for several acts of genocide - a national heros (Stepan Bandera,  Roman Shukhevych)
    Roman  Shukhevych  was a Ukrainian politician, military leader and general of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA), as well as a one-time ally of Nazi Germany and one of organizers of anti-Polish ethnic cleansings[1].

President Viktor Yanukovych stated on March 5, 2010 he would make a decision to repeal the decrees to honor the title as Heroes of Ukraine to Shukhevych 

I have it's listed in my post. Your regime is a facsist regime.

Well as I have pointed out many times if Stalin hadn't of readily made a pact with the Nazis and carved up Poland 

Wait a second! Didn't Poland carved up Czechoslovakia just about 1 year before???

Yes but his post is much bigger than yours :pac:

Discodog wrote: »
    Yes but his post is much bigger than yours :pac:

No it's not although I suppose he probably wrote his post bare chested ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

One of the inventors of the Novichok agent emigrated(escaped?) to USA in 1990-s, and currently is  an active member of anti-Putin opposition. What a coincidence!

Oh, you mean Vil Mirzayanov who went to Rutgers University in New Jersey taught chemistry and then retired because he's now 83? Despicable anti Russian behaviour. Deserves everything he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

josip wrote: »
    Interesting use of articles there na1.
    Are you from east of here by any chance?

I'd like to think that the higher-ups in the troll factories would reprimand the newbies for their lack of articles. I also like to think that the newbies then start throwing articles before words that don't need them to compensate.

cnocbui wrote: »
    One of the inventors of the Novichok agent emigrated(escaped?) to USA in 1990-s, and currently is  an active member of anti-Putin opposition. What a coincidence!

Oh, you mean Vil Mirzayanov who went to Rutgers University in New Jersey   taught chemistry and then retired because he's now 83?  Despicable anti Russian behaviour.  Deserves everything he gets.
    You missed the point that he was one of the anti-Putin activists for the last few years. Signing petitions, participating in some activities etc.

josip wrote: »
    Interesting use of articles there na1.
    Are you from east of here by any chance?

I'd like to think that the higher-ups in the troll factories would reprimand the newbies for their lack of articles. I also like to think that the newbies then start throwing articles before words that don't need them to compensate.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/russian-spies-targeting-irish-tech-companies-l2dvpwrjw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You missed the point that he was one of the anti-Putin activists for the last few years. Signing petitions, participating in some activities etc.

So you took not a lot and came to a conclusion .

Russian education system must be ****

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It really is a dead giveaway. I work with a couple of russian educated people and they are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Since you mention a fascist regime, I dare you to say that the citizens of Crimea would be better off if they remained part of Ukraine.
    I've no idea why this kind of childish drivel makes me almost cringe with embarrassment.

I dare you to say that the citizens of Crimea would be better off if they remained part of Ukraine.

Nothing happened before and after to the population of Ukraine so what is your claims on Crimea and can you back it up with something other than your opinion

All the people of Crimea including the minorities would be better off if they stayed in the Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

All the people of Crimea including the minorities would be better off if they stayed in the Ukraine.
    I don't know how you can say that as Ukraine has fallen apart as a country.
    It usually happens to countries that are fortunate to be on the receiving end of "regime change".

So you believe the Tatars are better off now then?

I don't know how you can say that as Ukraine has fallen apart as a country.
    It usually happens to countries that are fortunate to be on the receiving end of "regime change".

Again have you anything other than your opinion that anyone in Crimea and or any where else in Ukraine was in any kind of danger .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've no idea why this kind of childish drivel makes me almost cringe with embarrassment.

I wouldn't worry about it. Different cultures have different senses of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The UK looks set to bring in it's own Magnitsky Act, sanctions which the US brought in and named after the Russian lawyer who was arrested and killed in custody of Russian police a few years back and which tends to target oligarchs. Canada enacted their own one last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement