Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Gatling wrote: »
    Still here ....

So ........

Gatlinganda....no links...no proof...only spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gatling

That's the name

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

American democracy! :D

You cannot even joke about democracy when Putin jails the opposition.

el diablo wrote: »
    You've just wrestled the crown from Gatling for the most misinformed/brainwashed poster on this thread. It makes absolutely no sense for Assad or Putin to be involved in chemical weapon attacks against Syrian civilians. I suggest that you be a bit more selective as to which news sources your consume.

:rolleyes:

Chemical attacks serve one main purpose - they terrify. They are the ultimate terror weapon & can be deployed with minimum risk. Assad & Putin both consider civilians to be expendable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

And you know better come on enlighten us all .

Don't forget about the chemical weapons deployed against UK civilians twice by russia .
    Or explain why asssad who was so loved by his own population he slaughter hundreds of thousands inside government prisons most were tortured to death ,
    Or explain why many thousands disappeared even before it all kicked off in Syria ,

If your going to post some utter bollox about piple lines and oil don't waste your stokes

Care to give us your opinion why the US is even in Syria? Or the middle east in general for that matter

• Advertisement

Care to give us your opinion why the US is even in Syria? Or the middle east in general for that matter

Why is Russia there other than to prop up a pro Putin regime, gain airbases & practice killing people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Discodog wrote:
    Why is Russia there other than to prop up a pro Putin regime, gain airbases & practice killing people ?

The elites of both countries are just scumbags

Discodog wrote: »

They were invited by the Syrian government,in case you didn't notice at the time the place was a complete mess,no thanks to certain countries pouring weapons into the place,without Russian involvement the war would be still raging there,funnily enough the Americans only decide to move in when they seen their dreams of regime change fading....invited by the Kurds so Gatling informed me yesterday lol I still can't find a source on that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Why are both Russia and the US involved in Syria.

Number one reason is oil.
    Russia have a naval base and airfield that counter NATO ones that exist in Turkey.
    Whilst both have a valid reason to fight ISIL they are using that conflict to either destablish the Assad dictatorship or to prop it up.

Neither are there for the love of the Syrian people or for humanitarian reasons.

Tbh we are returning to cold war type conflicts and the people of those countries are the losers.

They were invited by the Syrian government,in case you didn't notice at the time the place was a complete mess,no thanks to certain countries pouring weapons into the place,without Russian involvement the war would be still raging there,funnily enough the Americans only decide to move in when they seen their dreams of regime change fading....invited by the Kurds so Gatling informed me yesterday lol I still can't find a source on that

There's no such thing as peace keeping in Syria, and you d have to wonder about the rest of the middle East to, it's all about power and control by special interest groups

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as peace keeping in Syria, and you d have to wonder about the rest of the middle East to, it's all about power and control by special interest groups

Ones invited,the US regime is in breach of international law

Ones invited,the US regime is in breach of international law

'invited', democratically I'd imagine?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    'invited', democratically I'd imagine?

A dictator doesn't have to check!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

gandalf wrote: »
    Why are both Russia and the US involved in Syria.

Number one reason is oil.
    Russia have a naval base and airfield that counter NATO ones that exist in Turkey.
    Whilst both have a valid reason to fight ISIL they are using that conflict to either destablish the Assad dictatorship or to prop it up.

Neither are there for the love of the Syrian people or for humanitarian reasons.

Tbh we are returning to cold war type conflicts and the people of those countries are the losers.

Russia joined the Syrian war when militant jihadists were advancing in the Latakia province region (Assad stronghold) and Syria forces could not win the war, they asked Russia for help. I agree with you it's Syrian civilians suffering the most. I agree with Putin and Assad side as I think it's far better than the alternative on offer. Islamic state in Syria is bad for the people of Syria and the wider world. Syria was a secular state progressive by middle eastern standards. Saudi Arabia is actively destroying the Middle East for its own gain and American and UK silence about that proves they are morally corrupt.

Russia joined the Syrian war when militant jihadists were advancing in the Latakia province region (Assad stronghold) and Syria forces could not win the war, they asked Russia for help. I agree with you it's Syrian civilians suffering the most. I agree with Putin and Assad side as I think it's far better than the alternative on offer. Islamic state in Syria is bad for the people of Syria and the wider world. Syria was a secular state progressive by middle eastern standards. Saudi Arabia is actively destroying the Middle East for its own gain and American and UK silence about that proves they are morally corrupt.

Tell that to the thousands of innocents murdered & tortured for daring to want democracy.

Tell that to the thousands of innocents murdered & tortured for daring to want democracy.

Turkey and UAE and Saudi Arabia are not democratic states, so democracy was never going to be a reality. I agree some Syrian citizens wanted change in the country and Assad agreed to national reform and help those with economic grievances. The process was hijacked though countries like Saudi Arabia armed and paid Isis and other Jihadists to continue the fight to overthrow Assad. Assad had no other choice then but go on the offensive and continue the war. The civil war was about ending terrorism in Syria.

Turkey and UAE and Saudi Arabia are not democratic states, so democracy was never going to be a reality. I agree some Syrian citizens wanted change in the country and Assad agreed to national reform and help those with economic grievances. The process was hijacked though countries like Saudi Arabia armed and paid Isis and other Jihadists to continue the fight to overthrow Assad. Assad had no other choice then but go on the offensive and continue the war. The civil war was about ending terrorism in Syria.

Small problem - Assad is the biggest terrorist in Syria.

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Bull**** Russia protected it's bases in the Middle East, nothing more and nothing less. It's been supporting and propping up the Assad dynasty of dictators since the 1970s. As for the US and the UK this thread isn't about them but if you feel so strongly about them then there is nothing stopping you starting a thread about them.

Small problem - Assad is the biggest terrorist in Syria.

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Every terrorist bombing shootings in Europe were carried out by Sunni jihadists. They very same jihadists trying to overthrow Assad. Assad had every right to fight back and stop this conspiracy against his country.

Bull**** Russia protected it's bases in the Middle East, nothing more and nothing less. It's been supporting and propping up the Assad dynasty of dictators since the 1970s. As for the US and the UK this thread isn't about them but if you feel so strongly about them then there is nothing stopping you starting a thread about them.

The civil war was raging for two years before Russia joined the war. Russia was invited in by the Syrian government. Russia has one base in Tartus, during the civil war first two years Russia was closing down operations there, just in case Syria fell. When Russia joined the war they expanded the base again.

• Advertisement

Assad had every right to and stop this conspiracy against his country.

Always comes down to a conspiracy doesn't it ,

Face it the people of Syria want him gone ,

Always comes down to a conspiracy doesn't it ,

Saudi Arabia, and UAE and Turkey send foreign fighters into Syria to overthrow the Assad government. This a proxy war between Shia and Sunni countries in the Middle East.

Saudi Arabia, and UAE and Turkey

No let's stick to Syrians first not makey up stuff

Like the Kurds inviting the US into Syria?

Like the Kurds inviting the US into Syria?

Well if it's ok for Assad to invite the Russians, why can't the Kurds invite the Americans ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

More Gatlinganda...

Mod-Banned

Really, Joe Biden the former Vice President admitted US allies are involved in the Syrian war. Biden saw first hand what the problem was. This is an ongoing problem for decades though, the CIA helping Saudi Arabia achieve its aims in the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

As for the US and the UK this thread isn't about them but if you feel so strongly about them then there is nothing stopping you starting a thread about them.

Very good point. This thread is replete with people attacking non-Putin targets (US, UK, the Central European social model, take your pick) when Putin is put under attack, rather than attempting to refute the points made against Putin.

Classic evasion; or old school the-best-form-of-defence-is-attack.

This is indeed a thread about Putin. So, if someone makes a valid point about/against him, don’t talk about how something else may be even worse - refute the point made, or shut up.

D.

The civil war was raging for two years before Russia joined the war. Russia was invited in by the Syrian government. Russia has one base in Tartus, during the civil war first two years Russia was closing down operations there, just in case Syria fell. When Russia joined the war they expanded the base again.

Again deflection. Russia upgraded the base in Tartus in 2009 so far from closing it down they were expanding its use.

• Advertisement

Really, Joe Biden the former Vice President

Was speaking at an event and someone took a 2min section of the video and edited to suit an agenda .

Not for the first time either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement