Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Beasty wrote: »
    The opposition leader was barred from standing in the election. Do you not think the "exclusion" of anyone he thinks may have a remote chance of beating him is a little suspicious?

Navalny and his brother were convicted in December 2014 of money laundering and defrauding their business partner. Three years before the election. Under Russian law, a candidate cannot run for election if convicted by a Russian court.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Navalny and his brother were convicted in December 2014 of money laundering and defrauding their business partner. Three years before the election. Under Russian law, a candidate cannot run for election if convicted by a Russian court.
    So do you believe the recent Russian election was 100% above board and there was no manipulation of the process by Putin and his supporters?

Do you believe there is no "state sponsored" activity emanating from Russia that has targeted major votes, or sporting events?

You clearly are a fan, but in my mind there is absolutely no credibility behind your assertions about Putin, his regime and his behaviour.

Now I appreciate he has tried to cloud issues, but in a court of law the highest level of proof required is "beyond reasonable doubt", and if brought to trial all the evidence appears to me to be much stronger than that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The opposition leader was barred from standing in the election. Do you not think the "exclusion" of anyone he thinks may have a remote chance of beating him is a little suspicious?
    What is the name of the party that this "opposition leader" leads?
    I have no idea but perhaps you do?

Anyone who refers to migrant workers as cockroaches has no right to stand in an election.

Dinarius wrote: »
    Trump goes off-script today to make a point of congratulating Putin - something he was expressly told not to do.

Meanwhile, the trolling on this thread has reached a level where we’ll all need anti-biotics soon.

D.

Trump is a serial liar. He does this to curry favour but stabs countries in the back. Media fails to see this he always congratulates leaders in public. China leader his best friend, but he does not stop him having a trade war with them. Trump lackeys at the UN do the work for him there too and condemning Russia. I don't see any evidence Putin has anything on Trump that will damage him? Trump, in fact, seems able to ride through scandal after scandal anyway.

Putin knows it not the President who runs the show. Men in business suits appear after his elected tell him this how it's going to be deal with it. Corporations and the deep state (Military Industrial complex) run the show have done so since 1950's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Trump is a serial liar. He does this to curry favour but stabs countries in the back. Media fails to see this he always congratulates leaders in public. China leader his best friend, but he does not stop him having a trade war with them. Trump lackeys at the UN do the work for him there too and condemning Russia. I don't see any evidence Putin has anything on Trump that will damage him? Trump, in fact, seems able to ride through scandal after scandal anyway.

Putin knows it not the President who runs the show. Men in business suits appear after his elected tell him this how it's going to be deal with it. Corporations and the deep state (Military Industrial complex) run the show have done so since 1950's

Trump sure changed his tune from his pre-presidential stance on Syria

• Advertisement

So do you believe the recent Russian election was 100% above board and there was no manipulation of the process by Putin and his supporters?

Do you believe there is no "state sponsored" activity emanating from Russia that has targeted major votes, or sporting events?

You clearly are a fan, but in my mind there is absolutely no credibility behind your assertions about Putin, his regime and his behaviour.

Now I appreciate he has tried to cloud issues, but in a court of law the highest level of proof required is "beyond reasonable doubt", and if brought to trial all the evidence appears to me to be much stronger than that

To claim he had no opposition is wrong (video below) Putin is just well liked by his countrymen and women who vote for him. I'm a fan of his foreign policy. Russia domestic policy is far from perfect but we seem to often ignore its rival ongoing issues with race and gay rights. America had 100 years of slavery, 50 years of apartheid and still they can't sort out race issues over there. The cheating by Hilary Clinton party so that Bernie Sanders would lose the election, that was deliberate fraud.

I never saw evidence Putin deliberately stopped a well-liked, politician running for election. His opponents lack charisma reason they are not winning the election.

Trump sure changed his tune from his pre-presidential stance on Syria

His cabinet is full of generals and CIA people. Trump is going to make the same mistakes as the previous presidents have in the White House. Leaders in the Military industrial complex and leaders of corporations make the decisions, not Trump.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The international community has made its feelings over Russian State Sponsored Terrorism (which I consider an apt description of the events in Salisbury) and indeed State Sponsored Doping (witnessed by Russia's expulsion from the Summer and Winter Olympics)

Now it may be a case of the rest of the world is wrong and Putin is right. I personally have the opposite view, based on everything I've seen over the past 18 years of his "reign"

His cabinet is full of generals and CIA people. Trump is going to make the same mistakes as the previous presidents have in the White House. Leaders in the Military industrial complex and leaders of corporations make the decisions, not Trump.

Indeed,they would say mass to get into power...and the bombs keep dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

To claim he had no opposition is wrong (video below) Putin is just well liked by his countrymen and women who vote for him. I'm a fan of his foreign policy. Russia domestic policy is far from perfect but

He's well liked because russian media says so ,so do the government who control the internet ,and security services ,

Declare yourself anti putin in Russia your life expectancy suddenly drops rapidly ,

Explain what foreign policies your a fan of exactly .

• Advertisement

The international community has made its feelings over Russian State Sponsored Terrorism (which I consider an apt description of the events in Salisbury) and indeed State Sponsored Doping (witnessed by Russia's expulsion from the Summer and Winter Olympics)

Now it may be a case of the rest of the world is wrong and Putin is right. I personally have the opposite view, based on everything I've seen over the past 18 years of his "reign"

Wrong to say International community. Nato aligned countries condemn Russia. Doping problem in Russia is not something I have looked into so I can not talk about it.

I not so sure Putin would have taken Crimea if the people involved in the coup were freedom loving democrats. Ukrainian nationalists SS Nazi thugs were in the mix there and Russians living in Crimea felt threatened by them.

I not sure why people are fine with it that Isis and other Islamic thugs are destroying Syria. Isis was the worst kind of evil had to be stopped. Assad is not perfect but he is far better than the alternative. Putin preventing genocide in Syria should be applauded not condemned. People forget Russia only joined the war when Isis militants were only 50 miles away from Damascus and were going to capture the city and massacre hundreds of thousands of people.

Gatling wrote: »
    He's well liked because russian media says so ,so do the government who control the internet ,and security services ,

Declare yourself anti putin in Russia your life expectancy suddenly drops rapidly ,

Explain what foreign policies your a fan of exactly .

Yet i showed you a video yesterday of woman candidate for Russian president expressing her anger and telling Putin off in front of a crowd in Russia. So how was she able to speak so candidly if freedom of speech is not allowed? Gatling your opinion is based entirely on Western sources of information.

Doping problem in Russia is not something I have looked into so I can not talk about it.
    It was shown to be State Sponsored with responsibility put at Putin's door. Not untypical of many issues arising from the Putin regime. Yes there's State Sponsored Propaganda that he's ultimately responsible for also. Then there's blind faith in the face of irrefutable evidence (certainly well ahead of the threshold required for a court conviction) - guess some people have to accept personal responsibility for that though

Yet i showed you a video yesterday of women candidate for Russian president expressing her anger and telling Putin off in front of a crowd in Russia. So how was see able to speak if freedom of speech is not allowed? Gatling your opinion is based entirely on Western sources of information.
    "Western sources of information" have shown themselves to be way ahead of equivalent "Eastern sources"

The bizarre thing is Putin even makes Trump look more credible:eek:.

Yet i showed you a video yesterday of woman candidate for Russian president expressing her anger and telling Putin off in front of a crowd in Russia. So how was she able to speak so candidly if freedom of speech is not allowed? Gatling your opinion is based entirely on Western sources of information.
    This actually suggests you fail to understand how propaganda works. Putin allows these small signs of opposition so he can say there is "freedom of speech", while continuing to manipulate the agenda for his own personal benefit

And yet you sit here day after day and have the gall to tell us all how great putin is based purely off Kremlin owned media and false information on Ukraine and Syria .
    What you claim and what putin claim don't even match up .
    So what are we missing

And yet you sit here day after day and have the gall to tell us all how great putin is based purely off Kremlin owned media and false information on Ukraine and Syria .
    So what are we missing

Speaking of false information..I'm still waiting on that Kurd invite link Gatling...

So what are we missing

Isis is a freedom loving group Syrian people will be dancing in the streets if they won:rolleyes: Gatling you're beyond deluded about what going on in Syria and Ukraine. Pointless debating with someone who thinks Putin is to blame for the Syrian war.

Isis is a freedom loving group Syrian people will be dancing in the streets if they won:rolleyes: Gatling you're beyond deluded about what going on in Syria and Ukraine. Pointless debating with someone who thinks Putin is to blame for the Syrian war.
    About as pointless as trying to debate with someone who so easily succumbs to Putin's propaganda. But hey ho!, so long as people are prepared to defend him, I'm sure there will be many more prepared to attack him based on his proven track record

Pointless debating with someone who thinks Putin is to blame for the Syrian war.

Who said that ,

Assad is purely to blame for the Syrian civil war and it's drawn out continuation ,putin supports it , putin backs it and supports the tyrannical Assad ,

Now Ukraine you have absolutely no idea about Ukraine and what went on and still going on today ,

If all your arguments start with Isis and neo natzis then you have very limited and skewed views to what's happening ,

So your a fan of putins foreign policy but you don't actually know what his foreign policy is

• Advertisement

About as pointless as trying to debate with someone who so easily succumbs to Putin's propaganda. But hey ho!, so long as people are prepared to defend him, I'm sure there will be many more prepared to attack him based on his proven track record

So Putin supplied arms to Jihadists and Isis followers who then wiped anyone who was different to them in Syria and Iraq. Putin propaganda this never happened this is fake news. Hundreds of Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians buried in unmarked graves is Putin propaganda. Cities destroyed, all is left is rubble and, millions of people have no homes and no food this Putin propaganda.

So Putin supplied arms to Jihadists and Isis followers who then wiped anyone who was different to them in Syria and Iraq. Putin propaganda this never happened this is fake news. Hundreds of Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians buried in unmarked graves is Putin propaganda. Cities destroyed, all is left is rubble and, millions of people have no homes and no food this Putin propaganda.
    Pardon? What are you talking about? I've made no reference to any of this? Why do you seek to divert the discussion? Do you want to be part of his propaganda machine? Let's face it, you and one or two others may want to blindly follow him, but you're unlikely to sway many "non-believers" to the cause

Pardon? What are you talking about? I've made no reference to any of this? Why do you seek to divert the discussion? Do you want to be part of his propaganda machine? Let's face it, you and one or two others may want to blindly follow him, but you're unlikely to sway many "non-believers" to the cause

Honestly, don't care how you feel about Putin. I already told you I am fan of his foreign policy, if you want to talk about Russian domestic affairs have that conversation with someone else!

Russia did not join the war till 2015. I was saying in 2013 and 2014 this war involved jihadists destroying Syria. Are you going to say I am Assad propagandist then? Maybe there few of us not so deluded about whats going on in Syria. When you living in Ireland it easy to say this is nonsense this is just Putin lies.

Who said that ,

So your a fan of putins foreign policy but you don't actually know what his foreign policy is

Destroying Isis and jihadists who have no business being in Syria, is his foreign policy. Russia would leave when the job done and continue the status quo and remain an ally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This actually suggests you fail to understand how propaganda works. Putin allows these small signs of opposition so he can say there is "freedom of speech", while continuing to manipulate the agenda for his own personal benefit

Lol.

So basically the man is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If no opposition spoke out against him you'd say theres no freedom of speech allowed in Russia but when they do speak out against him its all propagabda on Putins part. Do you realise how utterly propostorous that sounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Long before the day the iraqi army were encouraged to run away and leave all their gear behind for Isis/daesh/whatever they are calling themselves today Vladimir Putin had the foresight to prepare to throw a spanner in the works of the plan to totally destabilise the middle east. He has to be applauded for that. A leader who did more in 18 months to fight terrorism in the region than a so called war on Terror could manage in 18 years. Obviously Vladimir Putin is not toeing the line that banker controlled western governments who like to style themselves as the "international community" would like him to toe.

Destroying Isis and jihadists who have no business being in Syria, is his foreign policy. Russia would leave when the job done and continue the status quo and remain an ally.

That's what you think is his foreign policy ,
    So you no nothing about his domestic policies and nothing about his foreign policies,

Other than killing Syrians and anyone that doesn't support assad -their not all jihadis as your claiming ,
    So they have literally bombed and killed hundreds of thousands to kill part of a force that numbers roughly 30,000 at the height of its power,
    And before you say they done more than the coalition of 28 countries along with the Kurds who pushed them out of Iraq and Syria ,
    it was proven russian forces spent more time bombing anyone who didn't support assad than bombing Isis .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Russia's foreign policy also included annexing Crimea.. You'll no doubt claim that it wasn't anything to do with them.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Lol.

So basically the man is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If no opposition spoke out against him you'd say theres no freedom of speech allowed in Russia but when they do speak out against him its all propagabda on Putins part. Do you realise how utterly propostorous that sounds?
    Damned if you ignore the overwhelming amount of evidence that's in one direction. But yes, there is the remotest chance that he's right and the rest of the World is wrong. There's also a chance I could reach the age of 200. Now that does sound preposterous and I'm not holding my breath on it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

Russia must go to hell with their policy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement