Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    And 65 % according to russian forces

According to the census.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to the

russia but some how 120% of the population voted to be russian ,

Just shows the lack of any real thought been posted by a small minority

What about the 48% who are Ukrainian and were blocked from voting by russian military forces who themselves voted despite not been resident in Ukraine

Nonsense, both the figure of 48% Ukrainian and the assertion that people were blocked from voting.

Nonsense, both the figure of 48% Ukrainian and the assertion that people were blocked from voting.

Did you read something different on sputnik

Did you read something different on sputnik

I deal in facts and form my own opinions based on the facts. I do not need media outlets to form my opinions for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Billy86 wrote: »
    There's hardly any detail here at all. You were asked for the full details of the trial, if it was legitimate then why can you not produce them?

Do you speak Russian? Those are details of the trial in English. He was convicted again in a retrial for the same offence. The Russian government reviewed the evidence and still came to the same conclusion.

His character is deeply flawed as I have shown in a previous post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/07/is-aleksei-navalny-a-liberal-or-a-nationalist/278186/

Gatling please post some facts which back up your claim that Crimea is 48% Ukrainian. Factual sources only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you speak Russian? Those are details of the trial in English. He was convicted again in a retrial for the same offence. The Russian government reviewed the evidence and still came to the same conclusion.

His character is deeply flawed as I have shown in a previous post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/07/is-aleksei-navalny-a-liberal-or-a-nationalist/278186/

do you?

russia but some how 120% of the population voted to be russian ,

Just shows the lack of any real thought been posted by a small minority

96.77 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83.1 percent voter turnout.

17 percent of the voter population did not vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Do you speak Russian?
    I can use translation, so please go ahead and provide them there. Putin's Russia finding Putin's enemies guilty of being a threat to Putin isn't a surprise.

• Advertisement

Gatling please post some facts which back up your claim that Crimea is 48% Ukrainian. Factual sources only please.

Nice try did you's discuss that over pm .

Posted across multiple threads on Ukraine and Crimea in the political forum and politics forums as you well know

Factual sources from someone pro putin lol your opinion is just that .

96.77 percent vote for

No .

It's not worth discussing it further especially posting crap like that .

According to Kremlin media ,

Disappointed

Nice try did you's discuss that over pm .

Posted across multiple threads on Ukraine and Crimea in the political forum and politics forums as you well know

Factual sources from someone pro putin lol your opinion is just that .

Stop lying even the BBC who we know are Anti Putin gave the census numbers for 2001

So where did you find the 48 percent are Ukrainians?

BBC Population: 2 million - ethnic Russians 58%, Ukrainians 24%, Tatars 12%, other 6% (2001 census)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18287223

2014 Crimean Census the ethnic Russia population increased to 65 percent.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I can use translation, so please go ahead and provide them there. Putin's Russia finding Putin's enemies guilty of being a threat to Putin isn't a surprise.

I don't have the transcript of the trial was in Russian. Even if I tried to find, Google is an American company so the links are going to be in English. If I change the language I might find it or change to a Russian browser, to find it, but not going to do that.

Alexei Navalny was convicted by a Russian judge, not Putin. Navalny involvement in racist organisations in the past and his record I have to no doubt he was committing crimes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They annexed Crimea. Do you think this is acceptable? Maybe the UK should do the same with Ireland - would you be approving?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So its nonsense to say Putin is controlling the media.
    Seriously? Nonsense? Have you read through any of the propaganda you are spouting?

Again, you're not going to win me over to the cause, and I'll be staggered if your arguments does anything but make people better understand the absurdity of the position you are adopting in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Christ, this is like shooting fish in a barrel:)

Anyway you are welcome to your views - thought maybe his mother would love him, but finding people here prepared to put such blind faith in someone like Putin is quite enlightening.

"The Republic of Crimea, officially part of Ukraine"

BBC

Lol seriously fail !!!

Beasty wrote: »
    Seriously? Nonsense? Have you read through any of the propaganda you are spouting?

Again, you're not going to win me over to the cause, and I'll be staggered if your arguments does anything but make people better understand the absurdity of the position you are adopting in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Christ, this is like shooting fish in a barrel:)

Anyway you are welcome to your views - thought maybe his mother would love him, but finding people here prepared to put such blind faith in someone like Putin is quite enlightening.

Who's trying to win you over? My position is based on fact, not conjecture and you seem unable to separate the two!

Alternative news coverage is available, as is the internet, there 400 newspapers in Russia majority not state controlled, and some radio and television channels are free of state control. So to claim the Russia state is in lockdown and everything is controlled is so wrong.

Maybe you should stop reading America opinion on Russia on Google and stop thinking Russia is still acting like the Soviet Union.

Beasty wrote: »
    They annexed Crimea. Do you think this is acceptable? Maybe the UK should do the same with Ireland - would you be approving?

That scenario is not comparable. Crimea over two-thirds of the population identify themselves as Russian. Uk force to come here I would think are English, ethnic or least culturally different from Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

That scenario is not comparable. Crimea over two-thirds of the population identify themselves as Russian. Uk force to come here I would think are English, ethnic or least culturally different from Irish people.

They didnt care about the population being russian. They just wanted it as a port incase of another world war. If you look at a map they have very little places to launch there war ships for the size of the country.

• Advertisement

They didnt care about the population being russian. They just wanted it as a port incase of another world war. If you look at a map they have very little places to launch there war ships for the size of the country.

Ukraine was non-existent entity till the Soviet Union collapsed. Crimea was controlled by Russia for 300 years long before they had a naval base there. The population of Crimea majority see themselves as Russian. This is not a takeover of land and people
    the living there are upset they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The caucus countries are due for independence then, I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Ukraine was non-existent entity till the Soviet Union collapsed. Crimea was controlled by Russia for 300 years long before they had a naval base there.

And how long was Ireland controlled by the British? 800 odd years? Surely you could argue Ireland is more English than Crimea is Ukrainian.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

And how long was Ireland controlled by the British? 800 odd years? Surely you could argue Ireland is more English than Crimea is Ukrainian.

We are Irish people we not English. This bringing up of Ireland is just a deflection in my opinion.

The caucus countries are due for independence then, I suppose?

I think you do some research Caucus countries are independent, have their own flag and some of them are even in Nato.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Deflection - surely not. In this thread!?!?!?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Who's trying to win you over? My position is based on fact, not conjecture and you seem unable to separate the two!
    If your opinions are based on fact I despair for humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think you do some research Caucus countries are independent, have their own flag and some of them are even in Nato.

I think you know that Caucus countries annexed by the russians is what was meant there.

Let's be more specific. If Chechnya had a vote on independence, do you think it would be fair and proper to respect their wishes? I only ask because this is the rationale being peddled here by Putin fans when it comes to Crimea.

We are Irish people we not English. This bringing up of Ireland is just a deflection in my opinion.
    Sorry, but I'm English. Other posters here are from various backgrounds

And let's face it, your "deflections" are akin to Trump's "Fake News"

• Advertisement

I think you know that Caucus countries annexed by the russians is what was meant there.

Let's be more specific. If Chechnya had a vote on independence, do you think it would be fair and proper to respect their wishes? I only ask because this is the rationale being peddled here by Putin fans when it comes to Crimea.

The war in Chechyna, well was Russia fighting Islamists terrorists who had removed the elected government there from power. Islamic Fighters just like they have done in Syria came to that part of the world to fight a jihad against Russia. An Islamic state near Russia was never going to be tolerated.

If you think Islamists are democrats I have a bridge to sell you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement