Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

B_Wayne wrote: »
    What about the gay people who suffer in Russia because of Putin's 'gay propaganda' laws? Putin the great who requested that gay people stay away from Russian children during winter olympics......

Lol.You mean the law that passed through parliament by 436 votes for and 0 against.Looks like the Putin conspiracy theory has hit a brick wall yet again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

fran17 wrote: »
    Lol.You mean the law that passed through parliament by 436 votes for and 0 against.Looks like the Putin conspiracy theory has hit a brick wall yet again :rolleyes:

How has it hit a brick wall? Russian society has been trending towards increasing homophobia for quite some time during Putin's reign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Not really, political opponents have been jailed(ignoring his political assassinations) by Putin. It's not a wise move to vote against Putin. Secondly, there is a homophobia issue in Russia, he is responsible for the legitimising of homophobic attacks. Secondly, his speeches personally implicating gay people are paedophiles.... Human rights organisations all concur with me so you aren't exactly great at striking down my arguments...

Ah but I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Can you clarify if you agree the engineer on ethnic purity?

Here's some material on his political opponents. Loads of info on it and all reputable organisations.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-23343788

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭engineerbrah

Excuse me while I go get a sack of salt to take your post with.

In the USA, [URen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#2013_birth_data.2C_Non-Hispanic whites may become a minority in the USA some time in the 2040s, but their population doesn't look set to plummet, unlike the likes of Japan or Russia.

That doesn't seem so accurate tbh, I've seen way different figures on other studies. Wikipedia isn't a reliable source btw. And living in NYC it's quite obvious the disparity in breeding rates. Black and Hispanic women always have a litter of kids with them, meanwhile the typical white female here is a man hating lesbian feminist who spends her free time going to climate change marches.

That doesn't seem so accurate tbh, I've seen way different figures on other studies. Wikipedia isn't a reliable source btw. And living in NYC it's quite obvious the disparity in breeding rates. Black and Hispanic women always have a litter of kids with them, meanwhile the typical white female here is a man hating lesbian feminist who spends her free time going to climate change marches.
    Follow the references.... The CDC is the source which is more reputable than stereotyping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Interesting analysis of Putin fans are weak and feeble, suffer from low self esteem and lack of confidence,are easily manipulated and naive. they certainly have problems in life, bullied as a child, bitter against the world. With this they admire the awe of a Putin stature, riding the horse with the chest out like a golden god!
    It is fantasy they can never achieve in their own life, they blame the western way of life...too much freedom perhaps.... my useless parents couldn't show me the way and I have no hero in the democracy to look up to, I have no life purpose. I need somebody to tell me what to do rather than I making decisions in my own life. That is the psychology bit perhaps?

How has it hit a brick wall? Russian society has been trending towards increasing homophobia for quite some time during Putin's reign.

So just as were clear,Putin personally manipulated all 436 deputies of the Russian parliament to vote in a certain manner.Tell me you truly don't believe that?Dear god please tell me.
    Now there's a guy I take my hat off to;) Or in your case,your tinfoil hat.

So just as were clear,Putin personally manipulated all 436 deputies of the Russian parliament to vote in a certain manner.Tell me you truly don't believe that?Dear god please tell me.
    Now there's a guy I take my hat off to;) Or in your case,your tinfoil hat.

So if people vote to limit human rights, that's all good in your books? I asked you this earlier but if people voted unanimously to limit rights of Catholics, you'd be fine?

Also note how this search tends to generate results primarily to do with jailing/killing of political opponents. It's well documented and one would have to be ignorant of international news to not be aware.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=putin+political+opponents&oq=PUTIN+po&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60l3.1842j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Not really, political opponents have been jailed(ignoring his political assassinations) by Putin. It's not a wise move to vote against Putin. Secondly, there is a homophobia issue in Russia, he is responsible for the legitimising of homophobic attacks. Secondly, his speeches personally implicating gay people are paedophiles.... Human rights organisations all concur with me so you aren't exactly great at striking down my arguments...

Ah but I'm just a conspiracy theorist. Can you clarify if you agree the engineer on ethnic purity?

Here's some material on his political opponents. Loads of info on it and all reputable organisations.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-23343788

I wont be replying or clarifying to any of the racism insinuations that you made against me or others in this forum.To be frank,its pathetic.

I wont be replying or clarifying to any of the racism insinuations that you made against me or others in this forum.To be frank,its pathetic.

I'm not insinuating, I'm asking if you agree with him on ethnic purity..... Seems like a pretty straight forward question, you ignored all of my other questions too btw. Don't like awkward ones? I also addressed your other points, not able to refute?

• Advertisement

I'm not insinuating, I'm asking if you agree with him on ethnic purity..... Seems like a pretty straight forward question, you ignored all of my other questions too btw. Don't like awkward ones? I also addressed your other points, not able to refute?

Well your on your own there Bruce,everyone else thought different.

If Ireland becomes 30% African, 30% Arab, 30% Chinese and 10% native irish by 2150 is this acceptable? Answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

No we didn't. I find notions of racial purity, racial survivalism, references to the 'breeding rate' of foreigners and condemnation of 'miscegenation' to be wholly racist.

Who is 'everyone else' and what exactly are you referring to?
    If Ireland becomes 30% African, 30% Arab, 30% Chinese and 10% native irish by 2150 is this acceptable? Answer the question.
    I don't particularly mind tbh, so far you've yet to backup the likelihood of that happening. It seems more like you've read the writing of Breivik and think he has a point.... I work in an environment that consists of multiple nationalities. I consider them to be great friends and I find we learn a lot from each other.

You discounted a CDC report which is hilarious btw as your prejudices seem of much greater importance to maintain. Do you object to Irish people marrying non Irish people? You rave about the evil gays and feminists, it seems more like you have a naive ignorant perspective on people from other cultures or of different sexual orientations.

No we didn't. I find notions of racial purity, racial survivalism, references to the 'breeding rate' of foreigners and condemnation of 'miscegenation' to be wholly racist.

Racial survivalism is racist? According to you, self preservation - the driving force of all species is racist. I'm supposed to stand by while my people, culture and heritage are swallowed up by this globalisation movement?

"References to breeding rates is racist." Acknowledging peer reviewed studies which show certain groups have more kids than other groups is being racist? Wow. I didn't realise how deeply ingrained liberalism has become in the modern psyche. Lol the west really is doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Lol the west really is doomed.

When do you leave?

Who is 'everyone else' and what exactly are you referring to?

I don't particularly mind tbh, so far you've yet to backup the likelihood of that happening. It seems more like you've read the writing of Breivik and think he has a point.... I work in an environment that consists of multiple nationalities. I consider them to be great friends and I find we learn a lot from each other.

You discounted a CDC report which is hilarious btw as your prejudices seem of much greater importance to maintain. Do you object to Irish people marrying non Irish people? You rave about the evil gays and feminists, it seems more like you have a naive ignorant perspective on people from other cultures or of different sexual orientations.

Bolded - you are scum.

I don't think gays or feminists are evil, I just think they've been led astray.

Mod Edit: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭pcardin

I just believe all people deserve a homeland where their language, culture and ideals can be preserved.
    Meanwhile any white person who wants a country where he can live amongst his own people is a neo-nazi/bigot/horrible person

Yeah, like Ukrainians wanting to have their own country and live amongst their own people yet been invaded by Russian sh!ts and called Nazis. So ironic... :rolleyes:

There's a sad image with Russian criminals and beaten up Ukrainian soldier who is now being humiliated in his own country by invaders. Probably dead too.

http://s00.yaplakal.com/pics/pics_original/6/6/3/4884366.jpg

Bolded - you are scum.

Why am I scum, may I ask? What do you think of Irish people reproducing with non Irish people?

Egginacup wrote: »
    Only there is no proof of any missile battery crossing any border and/or crossing back. Now if you're referring to some schoolboy howler of a YouTube clip that shows your fantasy battery driving along some 100 km from the Russian border then you really ought to hold on to your wallet because you're easier to fool than a pisshead in a poker game.

Can be said the same about you really , and as previous history has showned I think it will be you that will feel as fool. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Would someone like to explain to me why this thread is useful? or why is shouldn't be in a more political forum?

Grayson, there was no invasion of Crimea. Now a lot on here will simply ignore facts and continue to make echo chamber statements. These are the facts:

After the illegal coup in Kiev in 2014 that led to the ouster of Viktor Yanukovich and the installation of right wing death squads the people of eastern Ukraine and Crimea refused to accept not only the ouster of someone the elected in a move planned and orchestrated by Washington but they refused to recognise the legitimacy of the illegal junta government.

Not difficult to see any logic there. The Crimeans, who had been part of Russia for 200 hundred years only to be ceded to Ukraine in 1954 decided in overwhelming numbers that they wanted to exercise their right to self-determination in the face of a nazi regime installed in Kiev by the US and one, at that, who refers to them, like Jews, gypsies as "subhuman"

They voted in a referendum to be reunited with Russia, a referendum they weren't afforded when Khrushchev simply gave them away.

Contrary to the usual whining from those who don't know a thing about what's going on, the referendum was completely fair and transparent. Some who can't admit that they have it all wrong even complain that the referendum choices were coercive in that the status quo wasn't an option. The people didn't recognise the nazi junta that seize power in Kiev. Why would they even entertain the thought of having a ballot choice that comprised of a regime commuted to killing them. The choices were simple....go back to the way things were before the nazi coup or return to Russia.

They made their democratic choice and not a shot was fired.

That, Grayson, is not an invasion, that is a populace exercising their right.
    People will still blab that the referendum was conducted at gunpoint, but these people you just can't reach. They might as well be putting their outlook in realm of tarot cards.

Ha ha ha ha..... :D:D:D:D

The same lie nearly word in word what soviets told everyone in 1945 when occupied Baltic States. Oh me friendz, them wanted to join themselves blah blah blah....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Bolded - you are scum.

Mod,
    banned.

When do you leave?

well that's the problem with Russians, they never know when to leave or want to leave. Many sitting in hatted America, others in rotten Europe barking to the left and right but it's so freaking warm and cosy here, so nice, much much better than back in Russia. Shouting around their precoded messages, falsificating worlds history, calling Russia a big angry bear. Ha ha...more like big brown poo and world will need a massive toilet to flush it down the drains.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yeah, a great leader in the mould of Genghis Khan, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot. Yes, his steadfast resolve to use the power of a state to eliminate and kill personal opponents is to be greatly admired.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02582/LITVINENKO_2582317b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01557/yushchenko_1557485c.jpg

Oh, Ukraine, the place where elections aren't rigged in the favour of pro-Russian candidates, pro-western candidates aren't poisoned and pro-western former leaders aren't thrown in jail on trumped-up charges and where you get a 123% voter turnout in Crimea in a referendum advocating joining Russia.

Perhaps if you ask nicely, dear Vlad would let you lick the testosterone laden sweat from his admirable hairy armpit.

Then there are the murdered Journalist - got to admire him for that too:

https://www.cpj.org/killed/europe/russia/

That is just a few, there are several hundred more according to Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is your source for historical and geopolitical facts?

The information does not go through a verification clearing house so effectively it is a printed rumour mill. Oh, certain facts are indisputable such as "the freezing point of water is 0 Celsius" ...hard to dispute, but opinions and shabby accounts are the grazing area of this "source". You ought to find something more credible and reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, you did thank this post:
    He's a good guy tbh. Russia is the only hope for saving the west. America is already on the verge of being a Marxist state and Europe, through white guilt & low birth rates, is on the path to becoming an African/Muslim colony. Putin is the only leader who hasn't bent over backwards for immigrants demanding "equality". In his own words "if you don't like our laws you can go home". My friend is Russian and she said he has transformed this once Bolshevik state back into a country based on traditional Christian values. He has crushed the poison of liberalism, second wave feminism and the homoerotic agenda. Hence birth rates have recovered and the country will become strong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wikipedia is your source for historical and geopolitical facts?

The information does not go through a verification clearing house so effectively it is a printed rumour mill. Oh, certain facts are indisputable such as "the freezing point of water is 0 Celsius" ...hard to dispute, but opinions and shabby accounts are the grazing area of this "source". You ought to find something more credible and reviewed.

I didn't quote wikipedia, just mentioned it in passing. Anything I did quote I provided links for. Now slither back under your rock, there's a good chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Here you go, diddums:
    The Impunity Project

The “Russia – Conflicts in the Media” website is the continuation of the Impunity Project started by an international partnership of journalists’ unions and media rights organizations in 2007.

The two phases have involved the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ, Brussels), its member organization the Russian Union of Journalists (Moscow), and Russia’s media monitors – the Glasnost Defence Foundation and the Centre for Journalism in Extreme Situations.
    The new database “Conflicts in the Media” and the other resources assembled on this website (articles by monitors, overview of legislation, annual survey of media freedom and violations) complement the earlier database, which covered Deaths and Disappearances of Journalists in Russia since 1993. The latter was launched in June 2009 together with the Partial Justice report. Today that database contains the names of 315 journalists and media workers who have gone missing or died violent, premature or unexplained deaths in Russia over the past twenty years.
    The purpose of the “Deaths and Disappearances” database was, one, to pinpoint which among the many recorded deaths of journalists in Russia since 1993 were targeted and work-related killings and, two, monitor the level of impunity for such violence. The new database, which currently documents over 2,300 incidents, has a wider and more pro-active role. As well as deaths it also records instances of assault, criminal prosecution, threats, dismissal, censorship and arrest.
    http://mediaconflictsinrussia.org/about-this-site/

Happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If anything that just backs up the claims. What Bill ever goes through any parliament with 100% support?

Either way. Does everyone else being homophobic as well as Putin make Putin right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would someone like to explain to me why this thread is useful? or why is shouldn't be in a more political forum?

There's no dictator sub forum so this is as good a place as any

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement