Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Would someone like to explain to me why this thread is useful? or why is shouldn't be in a more political forum?

It's acting as a kind of fly-paper for racists, homophobes and general feckers of all sorts?

maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

If anything that just backs up the claims. What Bill ever goes through any parliament with 100% support?

Either way. Does everyone else being homophobic as well as Putin make Putin right?

Intimidating of other politicians, Putin would never do such a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This thread has jumped the shark which is a shame as there is a good discussion to be had. Unfortunately most of the western analysis of Russia is black and white which does a huge injustice to the reality.

One of the few books from a Western journalist on Russia which I thought was worthy was 'Fragile Empire..' by Ben Judah. His main criticism of Putin is the one which I most agree with, that being that Putin's main failure was his inability to diversify the economy. The plunge in oil prices and the collapse of the rouble bear this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Aidric wrote: »
    This thread has jumped the shark which is a shame as there is a good discussion to be had. Unfortunately most of the western analysis of Russia is black and white which does a huge injustice to the reality.

One of the few books from a Western journalist on Russia which I thought was worthy was 'Fragile Empire..' by Ben Judah. His main criticism of Putin is the one which I most agree with, that being that Putin's main failure was his inability to diversify the economy. The plunge in oil prices and the collapse of the rouble bear this out.

very true

he had more than ten years to fix the problem but I think he assumed that the oil and gas prices would stay high forever

will be interesting to see what his next move will be, but the signs are not good I heard him a few weeks ago say that oil prices will rise in two years

however over all Putin has been good for Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Racial survivalism is racist? According to you, self preservation - the driving force of all species is racist. I'm supposed to stand by while my people, culture and heritage are swallowed up by this globalisation movement?

"References to breeding rates is racist." Acknowledging peer reviewed studies which show certain groups have more kids than other groups is being racist? Wow. I didn't realise how deeply ingrained liberalism has become in the modern psyche. Lol the west really is doomed.
    The desire to survive and propagate the species is indeed a genetic inheritance and heavily built into our psychology. Hence we are instinctively averse to things that would kill us, render us unable to breed, to breed with unsuitable partners or in any other way harm the survival of the human race.

We are not instinctively averse to miscegenation because miscegenation does not affect the survival of the human species. It doesn't affect the survival of the human species because we are one species, you numpty.

If anything genetic diversity is beneficial as (simplifying to the max here) genes contain errors which are passed along in families and an error won't present itself unless two people with the same matching error reproduce. But having a wider and more diverse gene pool makes it less likely that two people with matching defective genes will produce a sick child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Karl Stein wrote: »
    It's acting as a kind of fly-paper for racists, homophobes and general feckers of all sorts?

For the better then, it serves its purpose. Best that these types are exposed for what they are on Boards. Forever their posts are logged as the masks fall while they buzz to the honey trap exposing the real truth about who they are and think. Their support for a facist leader such as 'Mr. Russia', also exposes their own underlying issues with extreme domination, coupled with delusions of fantasy and a mild personality disorder.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yeah, a great leader in the mould of Genghis Khan, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot. Yes, his steadfast resolve to use the power of a state to eliminate and kill personal opponents is to be greatly admired.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02582/LITVINENKO_2582317b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01557/yushchenko_1557485c.jpg

Oh, Ukraine, the place where elections aren't rigged in the favour of pro-Russian candidates, pro-western candidates aren't poisoned and pro-western former leaders aren't thrown in jail on trumped-up charges and where you get a 123% voter turnout in Crimea in a referendum advocating joining Russia.

Perhaps if you ask nicely, dear Vlad would let you lick the testosterone laden sweat from his admirable hairy armpit.

Then there are the murdered Journalist - got to admire him for that too:

https://www.cpj.org/killed/europe/russia/

That is just a few, there are several hundred more according to Wikipedia.

You are lamping Vladimir Putin (the man almost solely responsible for the dismantlement of the Soviet Union.....read about his involvement in the August 19, 1991 seige whereby he sabotaged a plot by committee members to reinstate absolute rule that had been undermined over the course of 5 years by Gorbachev.) in with the likes of Stalin, and Hitler?

Are you deranged?

What gulags, death camps and millions has Putin effected?
    Only a cretin would make such a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Egginacup wrote: »

He's a dictator. Thats why he can be equated to the other russian dictators.

He's trampled on the russian constitution to the point where he can stay in power indefinitely, jumping between Prime Minister and President every few "elections".

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Putin is a rabidly homophobic President of a country that crushes political opposition and open media. Russia is a country with levels of genuine inequality that would make even the most hardened anti-water charges protester scream. It's a country of criminality, bribery and corruption.

They say hes probably a product of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Thomas_. wrote: »
    You might as well say that you´d admire Mao and all the other mass killers because they were "strong men who made their country strong again".

I prefer those you call "the lunatics" in Washington to the likes of Putin, at least they give you some freedom.

Ah, Thomas, come on now.

You just came on board an you're and expert yapping only about Putin now that the Kiev junta is getting their rectums handed to them and Poroshenko is about to be either assassinated or run out of town. I would give the clown a week, 2 weeks at best before the fools and money-grubbing knackers in positions of slight power in Kiev start to realise that their cards are marked and hang him out to dry.

Then try to set up bank accounts in Zurich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You are lamping Vladimir Putin (the man almost solely responsible for the dismantlement of the Soviet Union.....read about his involvement in the August 19, 1991 seige whereby he sabotaged a plot by committee members to reinstate absolute rule that had been undermined over the course of 5 years by Gorbachev.) in with the likes of Stalin, and Hitler?

Are you deranged?

So since Putin, in your eyes, was almost solely responsible for the dismantling of the Soviet Union, what was it exactly Mikhail Gorbachev did? Serve tea?

Oh by the way, I found your notebook under the sofa. Great reading:
    The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Vladimir Putin out. It failed miserably.

China was once bordering the United States, until Vladimir Putin roundhouse kicked it all the way through the Earth.

There used to be a street named after Vladimir Putin, but it was changed because no one crosses Vladimir Putin and lives.

Vladimir Putin does not play dead for bears, bears play dead for Vladimir Putin.

If you can see Vladimir Putin, then he can see you. If you can't see Vladimir Putin then you are only seconds away from death.

Vladimir Putin once shot 54-under par at a par-72 championship golf course, as witnessed by several of his aides and guards. He immediately retired from golf and never played another game, having fully mastered it in one round.

When Vladimir Putin does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Vladimir Putin does not wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

There is no Theory of Evolution, just a list of creatures Vladimir Putin has allowed to live.

Vladimir Putin does not sleep, he waits.

Fear of spiders is called arachnophobia, fear of tight spaces is called claustrophobia, fear of Vladimir Putin is called logic.

Jesus could walk on water, Vladimir Putin can swim through land.

Vladimir Putin will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't foolish enough to attack him.

Vladimir Putin does not read books, he stares them down until he gets the information that he wants.

I actually think Putin is probably one of the best leaders Russia has had - which is both saying a lot and not saying much. Unfortunately the body count counteracts any admiration I might have felt were it not so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

There's no dictator sub forum so this is as good a place as any

No dictator sub forum? Surely it would be a bit OTT to set up a sub forum for only Obama?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

InTheTrees wrote: »
    They say hes probably a product of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Who are 'they' and what are their credentials, for example he was 'diagnosed' with Aspergers a few weeks ago based on his movements and gait in U-tube videos, this is the unqualified 'expert' who gave the diagnosis,

http://20committee.com/2015/02/06/no-putin-does-not-have-autism/

Allow me to also state that I don’t actually know if Putin has autism — and neither does Connors. Her credentials for making such an assessment are literally nonexistent. She has a BA and MA in political science and a background in — wait for it — interpretive dance.

Just wondering where the assumption of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome comes from, is it perhaps based on the fallacy that all Russians drink vodka 24/7?

Anyway,

Love him or hate him, like Jose Mourinho, Vlad is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

he had cancer a few weeks ago too

the western press print/say anything negative about Putin

who cares about the truth

cnocbui wrote: »
    So since Putin, in your eyes, was almost solely responsible for the dismantling of the Soviet Union, what was it exactly Mikhail Gorbachev did? Serve tea?

Oh by the way, I found your notebook under the sofa. Great reading:

I actually think Putin is probably one of the best leaders Russia has had - which is both saying a lot and not saying much. Unfortunately the body count counteracts any admiration I might have felt were it not so high.

Putin was assistant to the Mayor of Leningrad at the time. Gorbachev had been usurped. Not that his efforts were immaterial. On the contrary they paved the way for many, including Putin, to seek a method of detente with the Reagan and Bush administrations.

Anyone who says or thinks that Putin wants to reinstate the USSR is a moron.

When Gorbachev agreed to the dismantlement of the Warsaw Pact, George H. W. Bush promised, after Gorbachev's requests (and he should know about his homeland being attacked) that NATO would not expand eastwards past Germany.

The Russians TRUSTED the Americans. The Americans don't care and shifted their NATO alliance right to Russia's border.

The Germans, the French, the Americans have been attacking Russia for generations. 10's of millions of Russians have been killed as a result of invasions from outside.
    If I was the leader of a country that has suffered so much I would simply bomb anyone who tried to cross the border without permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous videos on the internet. Vlad butchering Blueberry Hill in the flattest Volga Basin accent possible and a drunk looking Gerard Depardieu clapping along like a seal.

nokia69 wrote: »
    he had cancer a few weeks ago too

the western press print/say anything negative about Putin

who cares about the truth

The thing that pisses them of the most is he does not seek or care about western media approval. He is liked by his own people, he is held in high standing within the BRIC's, and can negotiate alternative directions for his country when under pressure. If we had a leader like this imagine where we would be now.

Yurt! wrote: »

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous videos on the internet. Vlad butchering Blueberry Hill in the flattest Volga Basin accent possible and a drunk looking Gerard Depardieu clapping along like a seal.

Naah, this is better,

Enda at Bloom, doing 'Happy'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVcazh3ghNY

I won't knock him, I have no rhythm myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I was Russian so I couldent read all the thread, Is senior Putin cool or not ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The ladies just throw themselves at Vladimir.

Putin wrote: »
    No dictator sub forum? Surely it would be a bit OTT to set up a sub forum for only Obama?

Oh what wit!

Maybe because Obama wont be president after 2016?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Grayson, there was no invasion of Crimea. Now a lot on here will simply ignore facts and continue to make echo chamber statements. These are the facts:

So Crimea was part of Ukraine... Then one morning there's a load of little green men...who were all local volunteers.....definitely not Russian.....most definitely not Russian...they surround the local parliament building...They wake up a pro Russian politician who had less than 10% of the vote....he holds a quick vote with his mates and then suddenly all the little green men turn into Russians. The day beforehand though they were definitely not Russian troops. Despite the fact that Putin has admitted that they were Russian troops.

I don't know about you, but when one country rolls a load of APC's and heavily armed troops into another country, then forces the local army and police to surrender and finally declares that the land is now part of their country, I'd call that an invasion. Maybe an anschluss is a more accurate term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Please rise for the national anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FalconGirl wrote: »
    What can't this guy do?

democracy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I notice all the gay rights questions have been sidestepped or outright ignored all through the threaD btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Yurt! wrote: »

Haha, mad as a box of frogs is Vlad. What can't this guy do?

The thing that pisses them of the most is he does not seek or care about western media approval. He is liked by his own people, he is held in high standing within the BRIC's, and can negotiate alternative directions for his country when under pressure. If we had a leader like this imagine where we would be now.

The opposition includes Gary Kasparov. You might know him as the greatest chess player in the world. The guy who literally thinks 20 moves ahead. can you imagine having someone like him leading a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

If anything that just backs up the claims. What Bill ever goes through any parliament with 100% support?

Either way. Does everyone else being homophobic as well as Putin make Putin right?

So the theory is that President Vladimir Putin has manipulated the vote in the entire Russian parliament so that all 436 members voted in a manner that pleased him.A country with a land area of over 17,000,000 sq km,over 80 different electoral regions,different religious beliefs and a dozen different political parties with opposing beliefs.Thats the theory?

Now your contradicting yourself in the next sentence.If Putin controlled the vote,as you say he did,how could everyone be "homophobic" if they were denied a free vote?

Perhaps the answer to this conspiracy theory is Occam's razor.The Russian people,like the majority around the world,believe that any form of corruption of a child through sexual information,should be banned.Before you get on your high horse now,i'm speaking about all forms of sexual information be it straight,gay or whatever else.And the punishment for such corruption is a fine of $152 so lets keep it in perspective.

• Advertisement

fran17 wrote: »
    Perhaps the answer to this conspiracy theory is Occam's razor.The Russian people,like the majority around the world,believe that any form of corruption of a child through sexual information,should be banned.Before you get on your high horse now,i'm speaking about all forms of sexual information be it straight,gay or whatever else.And the punishment for such corruption is a fine of $152 so lets keep it in perspective.

lets try to keep it in perspective by actually sticking to facts

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russias-duma-waves-through-antigay-law--by-436-votes-to-0-8654582.html
    The law is modelled on regional legislation that outlaws “homosexual propaganda” in a number of Russian regions. Faced with criticism that the terminology of the law was so vague that it could be interpreted in many different ways, the organisers clarified the language before sending it back to parliament for its second and third readings.

The document now states that “propaganda” of gay relationships includes, “spreading information aimed at forming non- traditional sexual behaviour among children, suggesting this behaviour is attractive and making a false statement about the socially equal nature of traditional and non-traditional relationships”.

They made it clear that heterosexual sex isn't included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement