Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

cnocbui wrote: »
    That is absolutely hilarious.

He denied any involvement in the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko. He has lied about Russian involvement in the shooting down of flight MH17, he has been lying incessantly about Russian involvement in East Ukraine, particularly concerning Russian troops and personnel not being involved.

He's about 20% leader and 80% liar.

It's not hard to be first out of the gate in issuing condolences when you were able to prepare them in advance of the event due to uncanny precognition about what was about to happen. :rolleyes:
    As world leaders go a 20/80% split sounds rather good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

fran17 wrote: »
    My oh my Bruce you really must be salivating uncontrollably with this one.Maybe you can use your tinfoil hat to wipe the excess ;)
    Good to see that President Putin was one of the first to express his condolences with Nemstov's mother and family and immediately stated that "everything will be done for the organisers and executioners of this vile and cynical murder to receive the punishment they deserve".If he really is the master villain and possesses the power and control you claim he does then it shouldn't take long.Thankfully Vladimir Putin is one of the rare breed of leaders who actually means what he says.
    I suspect Fran there is one reason you have so much respect for Putin.... I'm sure people can look over your post history and work it out.

There have been numerous assassinations that are closely associated with Putin. High profile hits in Russia generally get Kremlin approval before going forward. The person who called out the hit is rarely if ever discovered in Russia btw. This is a fact.Do you honestly believe that the death of Litvinenko or Anna Politkovskaya had nothing to do with Putin? The investigation on the latter were not viewed by any of the international community to be remotely credible. The fact he has previously jailed political opponents is no source of concern for you? And his gay 'propaganda' laws are no doubt wonderful in your books? All the negativity about Putin is a western conspiracy according to you so I guess you're incredibly conspiratorial too. I just have facts to go with it.

So, the likelihood of any satisfactory outcome from the investigation that Vladimir Putin is heading is nil. Nobody expects anything close to a satisfactory conclusion but Putin's words are sweet to you at least.

Even if he was innocent of all of the assassinations he's implicated in. He's committing numerous human rights violations at both home and abroad. He's imperialistic and attempting to expand his borders. He's engaging in a proxy war by providing weapons. Russian weapons shot down a passenger jet over the Ukraine, weapons which Russia provided. But shut all this out and say he's a charming chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There is something concrete to convince you of his guilt?

Everything he says and everything he does in his life up to this point will do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

B_Wayne wrote: »
    And his gay 'propaganda' laws are no doubt wonderful in your books?

Don't forget how Putin's enabling the Orthodox Church to harden their iron fist.

Don't forget how Putin's enabling the Orthodox Church to harden their iron fist.

This is all great though(In Fran's eyes), it's fascinating what people will happily condone when they respect some of the fine leader's human rights abuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

As world leaders go a 20/80% split sounds rather good...

How many of our 'western' leaders face 20/80 splits when it comes to telling the truth about their involvement in countless murders of opposition politicians and journalists?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Everything he says and everything he does in his life up to this point will do for me.

I'm no legal eagle but that probably wouldn't hold up in a court of law ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

For a bareback riding , bear wrestling , Common Thug he seems to be a coward more than anything .
    Wonder why his daughter moved to Holland under a pseudonym .

Oh the church grrrr....Don't get me started on them!
    In league with the illuminati and the freemasons there controlling everything.I mean the da vinci code proved that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Answers aren't necessary by the looks of it

• Advertisement

Oh the church grrrr....Don't get me started on them!
    In league with the illuminati and the freemasons there controlling everything.I mean the da vinci code proved that right?

Oppression's hilarious when it's not you, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

It will no doubt go into the "unsolved" category like most of the other killings.

Either that or some poor saps from Chechnya will be rounded up and a show trial conducted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Please don't reference any personal information about or previous usernames of other posters.

Bruce,Bruce,Bruce you really are a scallywag.We are all unable to view your posting history anymore.What do you have to hide?

Ah the old Alexander Litvinenko argument.You have such distain an loathing for old Mother Russia and the KGB but when one of the KGB's own is killed you run to the streets proclaiming him as a martyr.I believe the native American calls that "man who speaks from both sides of mouth"I'm with Boyd Crowder on that one.This is the same Litvinenko who accused President Putin of being a paedophile,sounds like a really stable fellow :rolleyes:
    Already you are chastising the investigation which has not started.I guess everyone needs someone to hate...

The problem with all of your "theories" is that there factually void.

I have feck all clue if Putin is/is not a paedophile. However the fact is polonium poisoning is a particularly unusual way for anyone to die....

They're not factually void, even ignoring the assassination aspects. All human rights organisations view the 'propaganda' law to be outright homophobia more than anything else. It is viewed to be a human rights violation. The referendum in Crimea has no international credibility due to the way in which it was undertaken. Political opponents of Putin have been jailed and died under suspicious circumstances. Dissenting journalists have been jailed or died under suspicious circumstances. World press organisations do not view Russia to be either safe or a place of free journalism.

All of the above are facts. Even ignoring suspicious deaths, there are numerous rights issues with Putin's Russia. These were even outlined in part in the interview with Nemtsov. However none of the above matters to you. You view the propaganda law as great and that's really what drives you to support him. The human rights organisations issues with modern day Russia are in relation to people you don't care for. The treatment of the press means nothing to you. The 56 dead journalists in Russia mean nothing to you. If Putin is so wonderful, why has he made no effort to protect the freedom of the press? Why is it one of the most dangerous countries for a journalist to operate? That's a free nation to you?
    https://cpj.org/killed/europe/russia/

A human rights groups assessment of Russia.

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/country-chapters/russia

http://www.hrw.org/europecentral-asia/russia

But Fran,go for it. Tell me I'm a conspiracy theorist lacking in facts. However,I doubt many will agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

How many of our 'western' leaders face 20/80 splits when it comes to telling the truth about their involvement in countless murders of opposition politicians and journalists?

Western leaders do it abroad. Countless coups, assassinations, support for dictators and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I would love to hear the putin lovers views on Amnesty International.

A tool of the west no doubt...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/russian-federation/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Western leaders do it abroad.

So do the Russian leaders.

So...?

Oppression's hilarious when it's not you, isn't it?

You constantly oppress people with religious beliefs in this forum.Is it not the same just on a local level?

You constantly oppress people with religious beliefs in this forum.Is it not the same just on a local level?

*facepalm* How am I doing that? I don't discriminate against schoolchildren for their (parents') religion for starters.

You should probably report his posts if they're oppressive but you know criticising one's beliefs isn't oppression? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

*facepalm* How am I doing that? I don't discriminate against schoolchildren for their (parents') religion for starters.
    B_Wayne wrote: »
    You should probably report his posts if they're oppressive but you know criticising one's beliefs isn't oppression? :rolleyes:

Batman to his Robin :pac:

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Western leaders do it abroad. Countless coups, assassinations, support for dictators and so on.

Wonderful and if you want to start a debate on that do, in this thread we are discussing Putin's tendancy to either murder opposition politicians or journalists or just get lucky given that opposition figures and journalists happen to get murdered. When you are prepared to deal with the above and still raise points regarding others I'll be prepared to engage with you. Until then you are engaging in extreme whataboutery.

Wonderful and if you want to start a debate on that do, in this thread we are discussing Putin's tendancy to either murder opposition politicians or journalists or just get lucky given that opposition figures and journalists happen to get murdered. When you are prepared to deal with the above and still raise points regarding others I'll be prepared to engage with you. Until then you are engaging in extreme whataboutery.

No sorry that's not what this thread was either titled or about.It has been hijacked with conspiracy theories and fantasy that would make even the brothers Grimm blush.Now that you bring it up why don't you start a thread about the murder of politicians/journalists in Russia?

I hope Lithuania won't be getting a visit from little green men in light of this deal.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0228/683563-lithuania-united-states-natural-gas/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Isn't it amazing that supporters of Putin never seem to be gunned down or assassinated in strange circumstances?
    I wonder why? :P

No sorry that's not what this thread was either titled or about.It has been hijacked with conspiracy theories and fantasy that would make even the brothers Grimm blush.Now that you bring it up why don't you start a thread about the murder of politicians/journalists in Russia?

I'm sorry but the thread is title Vladimir Putin Appreciation Thread... I personally have discussed any number of Vlad's achievemenents.
    Population still in decline...
    Some of the worst life expectancy figures for a developed country...
    Large parts of Russia remain in essence terrorist safe havens or under the control of what can only be described as Putin's warlord proxies...
    Economy in complete free fall...
    Gap between rich and poor expanding...
    portion of the economy from natural resource exploitation increasing..
    Economy the size of Holland population 14 million, Russian population 116 million, at least its shrinking I guess :pac:

At this point we are now discussing his achievements in terms of brutally supressing his opposition.

Are you here to say he hasn't achieved a world of success in this regard? If so Fran I suggest its you needs to start a thread on how many more objectors Putin can kill/enjoy the death of from afar.

Isn't it amazing that supporters of Putin never seem to be gunned down or assassinated in strange circumstances?
    I wonder why? :P

Clearly his critics are a very unlucky bunch of people. :rolleyes:

They always get shot by annoyed lovers, muggers, contract killings, criminals, etc.

Always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I think we should send Putin after Isis.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I think we should send Putin after Isis.

He did help to create them after all

• Advertisement

Plenty of factual statements throughout my posts but you've ignored them. This all relates to the topic at hand but instead you've posted repeated outrage without ever actually addressing the points. I've posted links to human rights group's concern about Russia but still nothing. It would appear you're either completely ignorant or just incapable of refuting a few points.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement